• My mind is blank

Port Orleans Resort

Hello out there. Has anyone recently stayed at the Port Orleans Resort? I haven't been to DW in over 8 years so my memory of the resorts at that time are a little fuzzy. Port Orleans - French Quarter is where we are thinking of staying this time. Any info is greatly appreciated.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Port Orleans Resort

Port Orleans is my all time favorite resort. I try and stay there everytime I go because it's literally right in the middle of everything. Here are the reasons I love this resort:

1. It's small and secluded.
    2. It's New Orleans themed. (doesn't mean much to some but I like it.
    3. They offer boat service to DTD, you can avoid the bus!
    4. It's centrally located to all the parks so it doesn't take much time at all to get where your going.
    5. My kids love the pool AND you can also use Riversides pool which is 2 pools for the price of one!
    6. At the end of the day, its probably the only bus that isn't crowded coming back from the parks. (In my experience anyway. )
    7. It's a moderate resort, so you get the Disney charm for a not so horrible price.

I have some photos if you would like to look through them.

Last edited by SummerInFL; 10-19-2006 at 08:32 AM.

• Former CM

POFQ is where my wife and I stayed on our honeymoon. Next year we are going back to WDW along with our relatives to celebrate 10 years and we will be staying there again. I also like that it's small, nicely located and not nearly as busy as the other resorts. IMO it's more relaxing then some other resorts since it's quieter and more cozy.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Without being too repetitive, my family and I stayed at PO-French Quarter in 2004 and really enjoyed it. Same reasons as stated above -- comparatively small and quiet, nice atmosphere but not overbearing, good location, and the boat to DTD was unique. I would definitely stay there again.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

My family and I stayed at Riverside at the End of July and everyone enjoyed it.

I won't go into the differences between French Quarter and Riverside, other than Riverside is a lot larger, and not to mention, you didn't ask about Riverside!

I think the reason Summer found the buses less full, is because in the daytime, French Quarter and Riverside share buses, but in the evening, the split them and dedicate one to each resort. Since Riverside is the larger resort, it will have more people on it.

We enjoyed the boat service to DTD, however, there is only one stop at DTD, so if you are looking to go to Disney Quest, or HOB or anything at the other end, you are in for a hike. The bus however lets you off in two places, one up by Planet Hollywood (Closer to halfway between).

But I have to say, for my family, the resort wasn't really that important, as we were only there long enough to sleep. We were the ones that were up and at the park before EMHs, and stayed out till at least midnight every night. (Although we did visit other resorts, simply to check them out.) If you are the type to lounge around the resort, then I'd say yes, Port Orleans is a beautiful place for that, but if you are like my family, I'd say it really doesn't matter which resort you choose.

• My mind is blank

Thank you all sooo much for the input. The pictures were great! I think that solidifies my decision. We are definitely staying at Port Orleans. Besides, we probably will be on the go most of the time.

I can't wait to take the boat ride to DTD.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    Thank you all sooo much for the input. The pictures were great! I think that solidifies my decision. We are definitely staying at Port Orleans. Besides, we probably will be on the go most of the time.

I can't wait to take the boat ride to DTD.
    You should be very happy there! Mamabot and I stayed there a couple of years ago (Newly rennovated room), and just loved it.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Joe User 99 View Post
    We enjoyed the boat service to DTD, however, there is only one stop at DTD, so if you are looking to go to Disney Quest, or HOB or anything at the other end, you are in for a hike. The bus however lets you off in two places, one up by Planet Hollywood (Closer to halfway between).
    They do have a cross the water boat that goes from one end to the other that picks you up right where the resort drops you off. Unfortunately we found out AFTER taking that long hike. LOL

I have stayed there two times. Recently this past May, I highly recommend it.