Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So Much Food So Little Time!

I know that there is a lot of information about restaurants at WDW, but I am finding the pool a little large to wad through.
    I am a foodie and being a foodie when vacationing all I think about is where I am going to eat and making sure I eat at the best places.
    We are in the planning stages of a 10 day vacation in February.
    Please let me know where you have eaten and what you think. Also what places I CAN NOT miss and which ones are not worth trying.
    Additionally I would like some help sorting through character dining.
    Thanks a ton!!

This one time on Friends . . .

• xmanmom

Re: So Much Food So Little Time!

I am something of a foodie too and did A LOT of research in order to find the best restaurants for my trip. I used The Unofficial Guide, the User Reviews on Mouse Planet, the menus from All Ears Net and the message boards here and at Dis Boards to make my selections. If you go to my trip report thread you can read all about my dining experiences and see some pictures too.

The one place I would personally say to make sure you don't miss is Boma in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I also really enjoyed the California Grill (Contemporary), Les Chefs de France (France in Epcot), 'Ohana (Polynesian) and Le Cellier (Canada in Epcot). For counter service I say don't miss Flame Tree and Tusker House in the Animal Kingdom park.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandPlanner View Post
    I know that there is a lot of information about restaurants at WDW, but I am finding the pool a little large to wad through.
    I am a foodie and being a foodie when vacationing all I think about is where I am going to eat and making sure I eat at the best places.
    Please let me know where you have eaten and what you think. Also what places I CAN NOT miss and which ones are not worth trying.
    Thanks a ton!!
    To help with your planning, you should visit Deb Wills' site and check out the menus, sh also has info on character dining.

The URL is http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Have a great vacation

CU@DL

Andy

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My list of not to be missed!

Hit

Hotels
    Boma breakfast - The best breakfast on site IMHO.

Magic Kingdom
    Crystal Palace - Great character buffet, the cheesy pasta is superb.
    Liberty Tree Tavern - Great character meal, the food is very good and the theming is excellent.
    Cosmic Rays - Great selection of counter service, also good views of the castle on the veranda.

Epcot
    Le Cellier (Canada) - Best steak I've ever had.
    Roma's (Italy) - Best fettuccine Alfredo I've ever had.
    Mexico - The interior restaurant (forget the name San something) has really great chicken quesadillas...although watch for falling salsa. LOL

MGM Studios

ABC Commissary - Very good counter service, we always eat there when we go.
    50's Prime Time Cafe - Great sit down restaurant, nothing beats getting told to keep your elbows off the table by the wait staff.

Miss

Magic Kingdom

Columbia Harbor House - I wasn't a fan of the food there, the bread was dry and the sandwich had to much sauce so it ruined the whole sandwich.

Epcot
    France - For 25 bucks, I got low quality french fries and a smaller steak than I would get at Applebees, not really impressed here.

MGM Studios

I don't really have a miss here, pizza planet would make the list if I didn't like pizza, but its a fun place to stop with the kids if you have them.

Animal Kingdom
    Don't have one here either, I suppose I am just easy to please.

Now mind you these are just my opinion and you know how everyone has one so some might agree or disagree.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love the Crystal Palace at MK. Pretty good buffet and the Pooh characters visit your table.

Other than that I'm not much help because I'm cheap and just eat at the counter service restaurants. I will say the wet burritos at the counter service restaurant in the Mexico pavillion at Epcot are really good (I had one for lunch yesterday).

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I also agree with Crystal Palace- the food was good, the characters come to your tables. Great picture opportunities!
    I also like in Epcot SanAngel Inn at Mexico. I like the atmosphere.
    I did not like the Coral Reef (And I will be in the minority here) because I thought it was way overpriced for the quality of the food. Everyone in my party when we went did not care for the food- and there were aout 8 of us.
    At MGM I love the Brown Derby- food was great- though a bit pricey. Pizza Planet is always packed when we are there- so haven't actually ate there.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• World Traveler

I'd like to suggest Whispering Canyons at the Wilderness Lodge. It's such a fun place!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Please let me know where you have eaten and what you think.
    I can sure appreciate your desire to cut through the clutter. But I don't think an open question like this is going to help you much. Every poster is going to give you a list of their favorite don't miss eateries, and they're all going to be different.

That said, my favs are -

The California Grill, on top of the Contemporary Resort. Great location, great service, and the most amazing teriyaki marinated beef tenderloin you're ever going to enjoy.

The Coral Reef in the Living Seas pavilion in Epcot. Again, great food and service in an aquarium environment like no other.

I've had great meals my last 2 trips at the Bistro de Paris in the French pavilion of Epcot. It's much quieter than Chefs de France down below, with a nice 2nd story view over the World Showcase. And the food and service have been truly spectacular.

There are many others that I like to visit on a regular basis, but those are the real biggies. None of them are cheap, but all are totally unique and memorable.

• Sailing Away

Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is fantastic! The atmosphere is gorgeous and the food is awesome. I always eat at Artist Point on my last night because it is relaxing, the quality has Disney written all over it, and it gives you a chance to reflect over the vacation. My recommendation is to make an early reservation (5:30 or so) and, upon arrival, ask to be seated by the window - you'll get to look out over the Lodge water fall. Beautiful!

P.S.: Get the berry cobbler!
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• Sailing Away

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    None of them are cheap, but all are totally unique and memorable.
    I second that. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Our favorites are Boma, Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree, Sci-Fi(not a popular choice ) Le Cellier. We have been dying to try 'Ohanas!!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

This is so helpful. I really appreciate all your thoughts and suggestions. I can not wait for the experience.
    If you think of more please let me know.

This one time on Friends . . .

• Why can't you tune a fish

Thanks a ton!!

If you are a foodie and your budget can swing it - Victoria & Albert's - I loved it, but it will cost you. roughly $100 pre-fixe per person. Wine pairings are an additional $60. It's a 7 course meal. Wine is supposed to be 3 oz pours, but they were gererous to say the least.

-dave

Quote Originally Posted by sealsm View Post
    Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge is fantastic! The atmosphere is gorgeous and the food is awesome. I always eat at Artist Point on my last night because it is relaxing, the quality has Disney written all over it, and it gives you a chance to reflect over the vacation. My recommendation is to make an early reservation (5:30 or so) and, upon arrival, ask to be seated by the window - you'll get to look out over the Lodge water fall. Beautiful!

P.S.: Get the berry cobbler!
    HERE HERE!

I am in total agreement. An amazing restaurant. I paid over $100 for two entrees, an appetizer, a glass of wine, and the cobbler and it was worth every red cent.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Miss
    Epcot
    France - For 25 bucks, I got low quality french fries and a smaller steak than I would get at Applebees, not really impressed here.
    Ugh! I agree. I was there as well for that mess. Due to the dining plan they made the portions smaller since this restaurant is an operating participant. Maybe their menu will improve again once they are taken OFF/OUT of the dining plan options.

Although I haven't dined there personally yet (it is ALWAYS busy when I try! ) check out Canada at Epcot. Alfredo's at Italy is also nice and so is Morocco. If I can eat there as a picky eater, you will enjoy it. The Morrocan QSF&B location is a bit pricey for what they give you, but the food is still good.

At the Polynesian Resort (Monorail hotel so it's easy to get to from MK) Ohana's is a GREAT place to dine. You can watch Wishes from your table as they pipe in the music or catch it afterwards on the beach and watch the Electrical Water Pagent. (yoyo's favorite!) This all you care to eat, family-style location not only has great food, but also a great, very welcoming atmosphere cousin.

I also adore the Prime-Time Cafe at The Disney-MGM Studios. (FYI - Some MiceChatters/friends of work there some times.) This is where you can dine" just the way mama used to make it" as it's mother's kitchen so you obey her rules. You're polite, you set the table, you follow proper table etiquette, get to know your neighbors, eat all of your food - including your veggies if you want desert and all of those fun things!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast