• Disney Memory Maker

An Old Question put to rest + Carousel of Progress

A few weeks ago, I emailed Disney with questions about Fantasmic & Carousel of Progress as well as thanking them for what they did with Ben's 1000th SWSA ride. I really wasn't expecting an answer and if I were to get one, I figured it would be the standard "Thank You for contacting Disney World, we appreciate your input" email response. However, I was trully suprised (not to mention really happy) that Disney took the time to call me. Hope called me from the executive offices at Walt Disney World with answers.

First of, Fantasmic. The age old question...is it a firework show? Some have commented that they list it under the Firework section. Here is her official responce. "It is a night time spectacular including fireworks. I understand your confusion regarding where we place it on the guide maps versus the times guide and so anyway we will look into it as well in addressing it with our VP at the Disney-MGM Studios and the team that creates that sort of callatoral for our guests." Hopefully this will clear thins up and Disney will make sure it is listed under the right category.

Secondly, Carousel of Progress. I emailed them with my suggestion as to what to do with the attraction. I won't post my whole suggestion, but instead just give a cliffnotes version (if you want to hear what I suggested, just ask). Basically I asked for them to keep the ride, but just maintain/refurbish the current scenes, add a new NYE scene in the exit theater, and make the entrance theater the entrance & exit theater. This is her reply...basically, they enjoyed my suggestion and take my email very seriously "and shared it with the Vice President of the Magic Kingdom so that he can look at it and show it to the tomorrowland team as well as the imagineering team and see what they can do as far as that attraction is concerned."

All this goes to show you that if you email Disney (in a nice way), they WILL take your email seriously. The full audio of these messages can be found here (in MP3 format). Those bells you here cover my last name.
    -Michael
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 05-13-2005 at 01:24 PM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

cool. glad to know that they take time for their guest.

• Know More Than You Should

Awesome! Good job! I'll have to email them myself sometime...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    First of, Fantasmic. The age old question...is it a firework show? Some have commented that they list it under the Firework section. Here is her official responce. "It is a night time spectacular including fireworks. I understand your confusion regarding where we place it on the guide maps versus the times guide and so anyway we will look into it as well in addressing it with our VP at the Disney-MGM Studios and the team that creates that sort of callatoral for our guests." Hopefully this will clear thins up and Disney will make sure it is listed under the right category.
    Well look at that! See, they knew that you'd be confused as well! I am very impressed by the time you took to e-mail them, and am impressed that they called you back on it. Thank you for finding that out! You're okay in my book! Now when they actually change the times guides and the calendar on the website, then I'll stop debating about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    The full audio of these messages can be found here (in MP3 format). Those bells you here cover my last name.
    Where is here? And what bells are you talking about?

Also, I'd love to read the e-mail you sent them if you still have it. Could you forward it to me at [email protected] ? Thank you!

• Banned User

TDLFAN's definition of Fantasmic!: It's a show *with* fireworks at the end. :P

• Disney Memory Maker

“You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney