Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Planning trip to WDW...have a few questions

1)We were thinking of going last week of Oct/first week of Nov in 2007. Is this a relatively slow time for crowds?

2)I was thinking a minimum of 6 day park tickets (1 day each for DAK/Studios, 2 days each for MK/EPCOT). Would this be enough time to see everything in those parks?

3)What is everyones opinions on the best econemy, and the best mid-grade hotels?

4)Are the meal programs and the magical express from the airport worth it?

Thanks so much!

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Re: Planning trip to WDW...have a few questions

hmm dont know #1 but for #2 when I went we spent only one day at MGM and thought that it wasnt enough time since there were so many shows to see. I think someone eles might know a better answer.

#3 We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and it was wonderful the grounds are very nice and the buildings are even better plus the room we got was only steps away from a bus stop.

#4 We did Magical Express and it was great! they got our stuff and we just hoped on to a nice bus and watched a movie welcoming us to WDW and dropped us off at the resort. This was all at 1:30am too but our luggage we arrived around 3am(as it states luggage arrives about 2-3 hours after you arrive) at the hotel but they didnt want to deliver it since they thought we would be asleep so we got it first thing in the morning very nice of them. Free service and very much worth it.
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Blog Entries

1)We were thinking of going last week of Oct/first week of Nov in 2007. Is this a relatively slow time for crowds?

It used to be, but with MNSSHP I'm not so sure it is anymore. The first week of November may still be, but from what I've heard the lines are long right now.

2)I was thinking a minimum of 6 day park tickets (1 day each for DAK/Studios, 2 days each for MK/EPCOT). Would this be enough time to see everything in those parks?

I'd add the park hopper option onto them. That won't be enough time to see everything in those parks (if the lines are still bad) without it. However if you add the parkhopper I'd give DAK half a day and the other half at MGM (if you're truly wanting to see every attraction no matter what) and then another full day at MGM. Two days at the other two parks should be ok.

3)What is everyones opinions on the best econemy, and the best mid-grade hotels?

Value: Pop Century
    Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter

I haven't used the meal programs so I don't know. As for magical express, if you're not planning on ever stepping foot off of property except to head back to the airport then it most definitely is. It works well, and its free saving you on a rental car or taxi cab. If you plan on doing a lot of exploring of the other things in Orlando off site it may not be however.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    MNSSHP

• Minion

Mickey's Not So Scary Haloween Party.

Blog Entries

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    Mickey's Not So Scary Haloween Party.
    Gotcha

And to the best of my understanding, the trams and monorail on property are free?

Blog Entries

yep, all transportation while on property that is offered by Disney is free. Also, if you're staying on property, you can park at the parks for free as well which is a very nice touch.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

Thanks so much!
    1: the Crowds are mid to low
    tips ( Do not go to MK On a Monday) weekend are pack to

2: I think you need 7 days One for the water park or disneyquist (DTD)
    One day for each AK and MGM Studio fine and two day for Epcot Must and MK
    that 7 day can be a time off day or thinng miss day.
    it will be a nine day trip( two days for flying if from CA)

3: econemy Alot stay at all star or POP centery
    Best way is go with Mid grade Hotle
    Most time I stay a DVC resort.
    4.If you stay only at WDW it is find
    But if you are going to Non-disney Parks Tranportion is hard with out car.
    I do alot of non-disney parks thing and I need a Rental car
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Minion

1)What Kcnole said.

2)What Kcnole said.

3)What Kcnole said for value, and I'll pick Coronado Springs for moderate. Stayed there in February and loved it! I'm sure opinions will vary a lot for the resorts. I did a LOT of research before our trip and used Micehcat, disney.com, but mostly this site for info:
    allearsnet.com

4)What Kcnole said about Magical Express and probably yes to the meal program if you're willing to spend some time to use all or most of the sit down dinners. On our February trip, we didn't use every available meal on our plan and still saved over $100 on food! Other thing to consider is that, with a few exceptions, tips are included, so you reduce the hassle of calculating those. You also eliminate the hassle of how to pay - Cash? Credit card? etc. Your meals all go on your room key, gratuity included. For my wife, two kids and myself, the meal plan was well worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

You're welcome and have a great trip!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha View Post
    1)What Kcnole said.

2)What Kcnole said.

3)What Kcnole said

4)What Kcnole said!
    That's because I have not said anything.

• xmanmom

I am not sure but we were just there late Sept/early Oct and the crowds weren't bad during the week but were pretty crazy on the weekends.

We actually spent a day and a half at each park and two full operating days at AK (they have much shorter operating days than the other parks). I REALLY don't think that AK is a half-day park, at least not a half operating day, that would be only like four hours. Of course, since they close at 5, it does leave you all evening to go to another park.

3)What is everyones opinions on the best econemy, and the best mid-grade hotels?]
    Have only stayed at AKL, so I can't say but I have heard great things about Port Orleans.

We LOVED the dining plan, we got some great food and saved a ton of money. Just make sure you make reservations before you go. If you want to see our trip report which includes dining pictures, go here. We also thought the Magical Express was very convienent and a nice service.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I JUST got back (Sat 10/14 - 10/21) I have been down in August, July, and Feburary before. Crowds were more than Feb, but WAY less than in July and August. Lines were not long at all. Most standby lines were 30 minutes tops. I think the longest posted time was 40 minutes for Soarin'

Enought to see EVERYTHING - not on your life. Enough to see a lot of the "big stuff" yes. I would add the hopper option as well. It will let you take advantage of EMH and some attractions that you have your heart set on may close and this gives you the chance to go back (al la my 5 year old and the Tower of Terror)

I have been in Pop Century and All Star Movies. PC is a bit newer, so that would be my choice. Try to sweet talk a room close to the pool/food court/bus stops. They are supposed to be more money, but you never know. I just left PO-Riverside. To me, it was worth the upgrade from the value places. Much nicer landscaping and rooms. Pools are nicer too. I like food - real food - so having a restaruant on site, as opposed to a food court makes me happy.

Never used the meal program, but then I have Disney Dining Experence so thats a different story. Me, I don't want to be confined to a number of meals and snacks. Some days I don't eat much. Other days I may want many meals

DME is free, and to me works very well. If are with a participating airline it works VERY well. In that case you do not have to get your checked luggage in Orlando, and you can check in at the resort when leaving.

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 10-23-2006 at 11:57 AM.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Enought to see EVERYTHING - not on your life. Enough to see a lot of the "big stuff" yes. I would add the hopper option as well. It will let you take advantage of EMH and some attractions that you have your heart set on may close and this gives you the chance to go back (al la my 5 year old and the Tower of Terror)
    Now I'm actually leaning more towards getting 7 day hoppers and having 2 fudge days to do whatever (DTD or whatever).

I've heard alot about these guidebooks like the Passporter and the Unofficial Guide. Are these worth getting?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Now I'm actually leaning more towards getting 7 day hoppers and having 2 fudge days to do whatever (DTD or whatever).

I've heard alot about these guidebooks like the Passporter and the Unofficial Guide. Are these worth getting?

I am assuming this is your first time.

Do your research, read the guides, read the websites, and ask questions.

Have a plan.

and then ....

Do what you want, it's vacation, it's fun, it's Disney. If you get there and something really appeals to you and it's not on your schedule, then do it anyway. So yes, get the guides and read them, but don't let it turn your vacation into a military deployment.

Also, ask questions, and people will give you tips, but remember what may be right for you may not be right for some.

Take me for example. Some people carry snacks, water, assorted clothing, sunscreen, etc. That works for them. Me, I like to travel light. Camera on my belt, wallet in my pocket, autograph books for the kids in my other pocket (yay for cargo shorts). But that's me, others don't like that.

-dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast