Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    You know the Little Mermaid Dark Ride that is a feature in the dvd? Tony Baxter says the ride may get built if WDI gets enough letters from fans.

    Here is the WDI address:

    1401 Flower St.
    Glendale, California, 91221 USA

    So remember if you want to see the Little Mermaid ride built just write Imagineering a letter expressing how you feel. I know I will.

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,624

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    wdi really must want to build this outdated ride alot. otherwise they wouldn't have put it on the dvd. from what i have seen, it's a nice little dark ride along the lines of peter pan. perfect for fantasy land but nothing to write home about.

  3. #3

    • out & about
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Getting there
    Posts
    1,373

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    i think they planned it that way. its a good idea to see what kind of response a ride would get based on such an old movie. if you ask me this method of market research is genius. my friends daughter, after seeing the ride on the DVD, cried the next she went to d-land and she realized there was no little mermaid ride. it looks like a fantastic ride that would really enhance WDW lame fantasyland. im all for it. im writting them right away.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

    WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    i think they planned it that way. its a good idea to see what kind of response a ride would get based on such an old movie. if you ask me this method of market research is genius. my friends daughter, after seeing the ride on the DVD, cried the next she went to d-land and she realized there was no little mermaid ride. it looks like a fantastic ride that would really enhance WDW lame fantasyland. im all for it. im writting them right away.
    We appricate your support WRDup. Might be good to give WDW management your comments as well.

  5. #5

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    You know the Little Mermaid Dark Ride that is a feature in the dvd? Tony Baxter says the ride may get built if WDI gets enough letters from fans.

    Here is the WDI address:

    1401 Flower St.
    Glendale, California, 91221 USA

    So remember if you want to see the Little Mermaid ride built just write Imagineering a letter expressing how you feel. I know I will.
    What dvd are we talking about here? I never even knew there was talk of a Little Mermaid ride. It is an older movie but it appears to have held it's own and is still popular whenever a new generation of little girls discovers it. My daughter first saw it 4 years ago and was addicted to it for about a year at that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    What dvd are we talking about here? I never even knew there was talk of a Little Mermaid ride. It is an older movie but it appears to have held it's own and is still popular whenever a new generation of little girls discovers it. My daughter first saw it 4 years ago and was addicted to it for about a year at that time.
    The Little Mermaid DVD that just came out has a section on the second disc about the little mermaid ride that wasn't built because Eisner shut it down. The section includes a CGI ride-through and various background information on the project.

    In a video on Laughingplace.com Tony Baxter says if WDI gets enough letters they may build the ride.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    9,153

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Fantasyland needs another dark ride. i'll send them a letter.

  8. #8

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The Little Mermaid DVD that just came out has a section on the second disc about the little mermaid ride that wasn't built because Eisner shut it down. The section includes a CGI ride-through and various background information on the project.

    In a video on Laughingplace.com Tony Baxter says if WDI gets enough letters they may build the ride.
    Ohhhh...I haven't had a chance to watch my dvd yet. Interesting...I'll send a letter too!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  9. #9

    • Disneyholic
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,621

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Question: Which ride will be killed off to build this ride?
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

  10. #10

    • Yes?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerren View Post
    Question: Which ride will be killed off to build this ride?
    Hmmmm...good point! The ride with the shortest wait in Fantasyland is Snow white so that would be my first guess on it being chosen. Could they make room for it somewhere near the Grotto?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    A few miles from where Disney's America should have been
    Posts
    536

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    ^^There's plenty of room over by the grotto where 20k used to be so they shouldn't have to kill off anything.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter


  12. #12

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    They could eliminate either Pooh's Shameful Spot or Ariel's Ghetto IMHO.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    In florida it could either replace a chunk of Mickey's Toontown fair or could replace pooh's playful spot. No major attraction would have to be replaced so please write to Imagineering!

  14. #14

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    ... if hell freezes over ... or 'W' catches Osama ... or Disney stops selling pins.

    Seriously, this just isn't happening. It was placed on the DVD as an extra.
    This attractions has been slated to go into virtually every park at one time or another, including HKDL in planning and even DCA a few years back.

    Won't happen.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    280

    Re: Little Mermaid ride might get built if...

    Don't kill me if wrong but wasn't the Mermaid ride planned for Disneyland Paris. I didn't see the DVD special but from what I heard and read it was supposed to premiere somewhere in the mid 90's together with the Beauty and the Beast darkride in Fantasyland (Paris).
    Then offcourse came financial trouble and the money was spend on attractions with a better capacity.
    We (here in Europe) are still hoping to get it someday....
    Last edited by milo_vhw; 10-25-2006 at 06:13 AM.
    - Milo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Ride With Best Music Atmosphere ..Counting Coming Little Mermaid Ride
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 09:06 PM
  2. The Litte Mermaid: the ride that was never built
    By massimo in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-17-2007, 09:55 PM
  3. Little Mermaid ride might get built if...
    By Ghostbuster626 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 09:10 PM
  4. Next Dl/dca Ride To Be Built
    By Ride Warrior in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 03:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •