• out & about

Fantasmic! getting a refurb...

well at least the theater is. if youve ever been there you know what bad shape its in. the whole design/layout of the place is akward and creates madening traffic problems when the theater is being unloaded after a show (i did my CP at F!).

anyway a friend of mine who works there let the beans spill that in early nov the theater will get a refurb. she says its only suppose to be down for a week so its not likely that any of the real problems will be fixed but any work is better than no work.

anyone else have any info about this?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Banned User

Re: Fantasmic! getting a refurb...

What kind of a refurbishement can they accomplish in a week?? Personally it is the show that needs re-tooling!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    What kind of a refurbishement can they accomplish in a week?? Personally it is the show that needs re-tooling!
    While this is true... we all know that WDW is using the money for real refurbs on the development of a 5th gate!

totally kidding.

Apprently, according to my source, they are just giving a little facelift to the theater. I know when i was there earlier this year they were talking about making some slight changes to the stage (ie. get rid of the camo crap on the back drop in exchange for a printed application like the outside walls of indiana jones in ca). these changes were slated to take about a week, so now could be the time for that.

we'll see.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup View Post
    well at least the theater is. if youve ever been there you know what bad shape its in. the whole design/layout of the place is akward and creates madening traffic problems when the theater is being unloaded after a show (i did my CP at F!).

anyway a friend of mine who works there let the beans spill that in early nov the theater will get a refurb. she says its only suppose to be down for a week so its not likely that any of the real problems will be fixed but any work is better than no work.

anyone else have any info about this?
    I was just down there. I can verify that it is closed for a week in November according to the show times lists. I really cannot see what they could do as far as traffic patterns are concerned in just a week. You are right, it's a madhouse at the end.

-dave