• Disneyholic

PhotoPass Money Saving Tip - Buy the CD

Ok, you are just back from WDW and log into photopass to see all the cool pictures, then you see the price for prints... Yeah its steep when you can run to Sams Club or other places and get them for a lot less.

There is a solution, provided you don't want to stamp the Disney provided logos on everything, they now offer a CD of all your PhotoPass photographs. You can combine any number of PhotoPass's into your account and order a Photopass CD. Cost with shipping works out to about $106, but with prints starting at over $12 each I found it much cheaper to order the CD and print them myself or run down to a printing Kiosk at any photocenter.

The good news is they also grant you "non comercial" useage rights to print, copy and transfer the images and rights to copy the disk. So its legal to make as many prints as you like without any copyright issues. Since my wife wanted to order prints of all the photos on the CD it saved us well over $500.

The CD option is hidden, you have to click on help, then click on the Photopass CD link which takes you to annother web page for ordering.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Re: PhotoPass Money Saving Tip - Buy the CD

I think I will stick to my old plan and just buy one picture or two. That is a lot of money for a CD.
    Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

• Yes?

I see your point there Jerren especially if you have a really good photo printer like I do. And as for buying only one or two photos, Doofy, I always swear I won't buy a lot but then they are just so darn cute! I spent $85 the last time I ordered and that was only 5 5X7 prints! So the CD makes sense there for me. But, I've just never gotten enough of the pictures taken by photopass photographers to fill the CD. I've also seen the one where they will make a DVD for you with additional phots and music. Has anyone ever had one of those made for them?
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    I see your point there Jerren especially if you have a really good photo printer like I do. And as for buying only one or two photos, Doofy, I always swear I won't buy a lot but then they are just so darn cute! I spent $85 the last time I ordered and that was only 5 5X7 prints! So the CD makes sense there for me. But, I've just never gotten enough of the pictures taken by photopass photographers to fill the CD. I've also seen the one where they will make a DVD for you with additional phots and music. Has anyone ever had one of those made for them?
    No was debating doing one of the Bibbity bobity boutique shots of my daughter, there are just so many there it might be worth it.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just bring up the pics that were taken on the site, hit "print screen" and then paste them inti my photo editing program. Viola!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When I was in Disney World in July, with another family of 4, we split the cost of the CD. Both of us had pictures taken in each of the four parks. There were times, that the Photo Pass Photographers would also take pictures at Character Meet and Greets. We ended up with about 100 different photos. So for my share of $50, I have all those pictures. Well worth it to me.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort