Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: WDW observations ...

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Thanks for the non-trip-report trip report. I've been meaning to do one myself, but just never seem to find the time. A couple comments on your comments -
    I can appreciate that. I want to write a DLP report from May and I still haven't, even though I did take some notes down. I'll probably be back there again before I get it done.

I enjoyed 3 Dog back in the day, but wouldn't call myself a huge fan. But they really knocked me out last year at the same venue. The 2 remaining Dogs still have great pipes, and kick in plenty of energy for old guys!
    Yes. I agree. I was never a big fan. And being that I'm not as ancient as you I was a young child when they were big ... but I really enjoyed their performance.

>Great Movie Ride is still one of the best things about the park, but the finale movie really should have been redone instead of just removing clips and inserting Forrest Gump, Jack Sparrow and Marlin and Bruce from Finding Nemo.<

The original version of this was done by my editing hero, the great Chuck Workman (he's the guy who usually does all of the clip segments for the big award shows, among other things). He has a really wonderful sense of flow, of creating a narrative with his clips and then smoothly moving from theme to theme. The re-edits have most definitely NOT been done by him. They've been a simple hack job - cut out this and stick this in. There isn't nearly the feel and flow that the original had. I'd love to see them budget for a new version. Shouldn't cost more than 20 to 30 grand, and would make a gigantic difference in the "grand" finale.
    I've said it on anotherplace.com, but I think the dice and splice job here is a real disservice (much like hacking up pieces of Wonders of China for the inferior Reflections of China that's been playing for three years now).

>Mansion NEEDS a rehab badly ... a major one. CBJ too ... Pirates as well. All of them suffer from one common theme -- terrible audio problems.<

I didn't notice CBJ being any worse than it's always been. I've never thought the sound in this show was as present as it should be. And while my doombuggy audio was just fine in my HM ride through, the out of sync problem of the singing busts in the graveyard is practically criminal! It's just completely out of whack with the track playing in the rest of the graveyard. And it seems to be consitsent - not getting any better or worse. I'd bet there was a time code error on the last video set of the busts that they did, and they aren't going to fix it. Criminal, I say!

Glad you had a great trip!
    No. You're right, Dan. These are old and continuing problems that Disney continues to ignore.

And, thanks, it was a great trip! Relaxing too!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    WDW1974, I appreciate your observations. I would say that I really like DMGMS. There is a charm about the place that I really like. I know that others might not value that, but I felt I could relate to your description of DMGMS at night.

And I appreciate your appreciation!

I used to love the Studios ... but so much was ripped out, the development became chaotic and haphazard, the amazing Sorcery in the Sky (that played homage to Hollywood movies and not Disney) was replaced by an inferior version of Fantasmic ... and then came ... the BAH!

But a bit of the old magic was present last Monday night during EMH's ... it gave me some hope for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Okay, who are you and what have you done with WDW1974??????? With the exception of the traditional 'we need better bread' and 'Wal-mart boat' comments, that has to have been the most positive post I have ever seen from you. Just one addition though, they also added Narnia (which I feel is the best of the re-edited segments) and Chicago.
    Mikey ... dude, how's college treating you?

You should know by now that I am fair and open-minded. I give credit where it is due and I criticize when I feel it's called for.

I had largely very positive experiences, so I wrote that. I wish I could write stuff like that all of the time.

And, BTW, you should get your butt down to WDW in the fall as it really is a great time to visit with MNSSHP and Food and Wine at Epcot ... and even HHN's at Universal.

And, yes, I did notice Narnia and Chicago too in GMR ... I was just speaking in general.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    It was just re-done and more was added besides that. You do realize that, right?
    Dear Piglet ... you must know by now that WDW1974 misses little and sees so much that others miss.

Now where did I put that remote?

great report. WL does has some issues when it comes to spraying down the chairs at night. I also noticed this with the jacuzzi. But these small issues will not stop me from staying there in the spring, for your positive comments, like others, have really made me excited about going back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12