• Decepticon

May/June Trip to Orlando

I am planning my 2nd trip to Orlando to visit Disney World and do some diving in the Keys. I would like some advice on dates. I would like to miss crowds and hurricanes. I am thinking about the end of May or beginning of June. I know staying around Memorial Day (5/28/06) would be bad, but I could use that as a driving day between the Keys and Orlando.

Any advice on the crowds in Disney World would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: May/June Trip to Orlando

When you're talking about going is going to be pretty busy. Memorial Day weekend is at the end of May. And hurricane season starts June 1st. Unfortunately hurricanes are kinda unpredictable... you never know when one is going to form or where it's going to go for the most part. But I wouldn't really worry about any storms that soon into it.

May 1st through June 15th is a great time to go to WDW. Back when I worked at WDW in the 90s, it was a Florida resident salute period. Basically, they encouraged Florida residents to go during slower periods. The only times of the year that are slower are the first two weeks of December and January through the first week of February.

Crowds don't get really bad until late June, the weather is still coolish (at least it is not as bad as July) and there is almost no chance of hurricanes (the height of hurricane season is late July through October).
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 10-28-2006 at 02:38 PM.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eggz View Post
    May 1st through June 15th is a great time to go to WDW.
    That's nice. I'm planning a mid-May for the year after. Cheers!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

On the flip side... the best time to visit WDW is mid-Oct to mid-Nov. Best weather and most enjoyable time...especially with the Halloween party being held on those days.

^^I agree with TDLFAN ... this is the best time of year weather-wise (and events too) to be at WDW.

But May is usually a very good time too. Hot, but not unbearable, during the day. Cool enough to enjoy the parks at night. And, for the most part, dry!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    On the flip side... the best time to visit WDW is mid-Oct to mid-Nov. Best weather and most enjoyable time...especially with the Halloween party being held on those days.
    Maybe it's the "living far away" aspect, but to me the Halloween and Princess/Pirate events are irritating in planning a trip because it means a park closes down even earlier.

My Days of midnight Disneyland closures have spoiled me, I guess. There's nothing quite like seeing MK for the first time and asking someone:
    "Excuse me, when does this place close?"
    "8PM."
    "B'uh-... Whoa. I guess I better hustle to the other end of Main Street. Thanks!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Maybe it's the "living far away" aspect, but to me the Halloween and Princess/Pirate events are irritating in planning a trip because it means a park closes down even earlier.

My Days of midnight Disneyland closures have spoiled me, I guess.
    Yes, they have, especially since the MK hardly ever closes any later than 9 or 10 pm for regular guests even when there is nothing special going on. Unless of course, you are taking advantage of the Extra Magic Hrs if you are a resort hotel guest, which I am sure you are when you come here since many are phobic about staying off property.
    But in regards to the MK, you just have to plan accordingly and hit the MK on nights when the MNSSHP is not being held. Those parties do NOT occur nightly you know..

Yes. And even off-site guests and LOCALS, like TDLFAN, can stay for EMH's so long as they are there to walk, shop or dine ... in other words, just stay off the attractions.

Or find a friend who has an extra room key ...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TimeKnight View Post
    I would like some advice on dates. I would like to miss crowds and hurricanes. I am thinking about the end of May or beginning of June. Thanks in advance.
    Oh TimeKnight... I also forgot to mention... the first weekin June is GAY DAYS at WDW and all over central Florida and other theme parks as well... there will be a lot of people in town. It's a great time to come.... if you are gay or a democrat. Otherwise... plan your trip to WDW in the fall.