Holiday overlays

Why is there no Holiday overlays for Mansion and It's Small World at the Magic Kingdom? The whole tourist down time make no sense to me. I much rather have these classic attraction down to receive an overlay, then to have them open in the fall months.

• Banned User

Re: Holiday overlays

First up... there is no "tourist down time" at WDW anymore. parks are busy for the most part of the year due to the aggresive push to tab markets who are on vacation at a time when we in the USA are not, or the agressive marketing for convention business on the resort. Parks are busy to some degree... so down time perse... donot apply like it used to in year's past. However I believe Money is the primary reason for the lack of special seasonal happenings at the MK. Hanuted Mansion for example is an very bad need of improvements for the regular show first and foremost before an overlay installation is to be spent on. The other reason is that management at WDW conciders this park to be a "tourist" draw, as opposed to having a local fan base as is the case with DL and TDL, so they feel there is no need to spend extra money and effort into producing seasonal overlays for some attractions because.. after all... "they are tourists! They come here every 4-6 yrs and donot need to see anything special, as opposed to regular APers and local guests. In other words, the tourists outnumber the locals so ... there is no need to do something special that can be better appreciated by locals and not tourists. Get where I am coming from with this rationale??? Last and most likely in my opinion... WDW's management hasn't got a clue about how to run their parks, which is why quality has gone out the window, and not much is done for guests under the current ticket scheme.. You want to enjoy something a bit different? then you have to pay to attend one of their hard-ticket events (MNSSHP, MVMCP or the upcoming P&PP event in 2007). That is my take on things in regards to WDW's lack of special seasonal entertainment.

I have been to Disney World during Christmas two times. During 2000 and 2003, it appeared to me that the quality dropped a little between my visits. Epoct used to have this piano player by the World Showcase Lagoon in 2000 but in 2003, it was not there. Mickey and Friends has a Christmas show.

Disney World does put up Christmas decorations, I was wondering why no love for Mansion or It's Small World. It is strongly rumored that Mansion is going down for a long rehab next year. Hopefully to fix the various probelms and upgrade stuff. Hopefully.

• Screenwriter Podcaster

I think it would be neat to see a christmas overlay. It would be cute to see the dolls celebrating christmas in their home counties. The park already looks so festive, Small world would be a great addition.

I know DL has The Nightmare before Christmas theme take over the Haunted Mansion, so I guess that would be cool to see.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me on twitter at @blackiepueblo and listen to our free Entertainment Podcast "Studio Alley" http://www.newlineagestudios.com

• SpitSpot!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie Pueblo View Post
    I think it would be neat to see a christmas overlay. It would be cute to see the dolls celebrating christmas in their home counties.
    The problem with that is not all countries celebrate Christmas. So the celebrations would be of a different variety at different times of the year. I am not an American and have travelled extensively. I have never seen another country celebrate Christmas like the USA. It is very amazing and that in itself is exciting to see. So as a tourist, it is exciting to see all the Christmas overlays and decorations. We are going to WDW this Christmas, to fight the crowds true, but more over to see the decorations and trees. We are looking forward to it!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/