Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Man fell off tram at WDW

Quote Originally Posted by Hamlet Schmalzbach View Post
    Stop closing rides! I knock on wood that I never end up being hurt while on vacation. But closing rides for an unfortunite incident is no reason to pull the plug alltogether. All we can hope is that WDW does an in depth review of said accident and makes adjustments so the likelyhood of it happening again will shrink.
    In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree with this! In case it wasn't obvious, I was being totally and completely sarcastic about closing Mission: Space. It's one of my favorite rides!

Far as the tram incident goes, I hope the guy is going to be OK. Seems like he was trying to do something nice for someone else and it sort of backfired on him.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Thempark78 View Post
    Sure some people have died on Mission Space but lets remember that all those unfortunate people died because they failed to read the safety regulations that are clearly posted throught the queue.
    This is not at all fair to the people who died or their families. All the warning signs in the world can't help you if you have a physical problem that you don't know about. I don't think there was a single case where someone has died on a Disney attraction from a condition that they knew about.

Dan I don't think that is true. One of the recent incidents involved a 50ish woman from Germany (I think) with a history of high blood pressure. I want to say it was the on ToT or Mission Space. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

• Super Old Guy

Yeah, as I was typing I kinda had a mental tickle that there was ONE. But by far it's been the undiagnosed thing.

Here come the tram lap bars!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    "Please keep arms, legs, heads and other appendages in the vehicle at all times. And please, no stroller diving while the vehicle is in motion."

Quote Originally Posted by fkurucz View Post
    Yea, that and shoulder straps.

• Monorail Racer

Simple Darwinism will separate those of us who stay seated in the tram from the fools who go diving for strollers and other dropped goodies.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Super Old Guy

mrcoaster, you're now approaching my lifelong philosophy - THIN THE HERD!!!

Talking Re: Man fell off tram at WDW

It's quite clear...

"Welcome aboard. For your children's safety, please seat them toward the inside. For your safety, do not stand or try to exit the tram while it's in motion. If you lose something from the tram, please wait til our next stop and notify the operator. Thank you."

"Bienvenidos abordo. Por favor, permansca sentado mientras que el vehiculo este en movimiento y siente a los ninos en la parte central del asiento. Si pierde algo del vehiculo, espere hasta que lleguemos a nuestra siguiente parada y luego notifica al operador. Gracias."

I don't know how much clearer they can make it. People are just stupid or not listening or don't care. Besides, most of this is common sense (which is quickly becoming uncommon sense).
    MIcKEy șoș

"Behave at the peak of genetic madness." -Ray Bradbury

Disney fan since 1977

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    mrcoaster, you're now approaching my lifelong philosophy - THIN THE HERD!!!
    I have to say Dan you took the words out of my mouth again!

Interestingly enough when you search the DarwinAwards web site there are no Disney entries at all... I would have thought the German woman or the Idiot who jumped from the Skyway in DLR would have at least had an honorable mention.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Quote Originally Posted by MIcKEy475 View Post
    It's quite clear...

"Welcome aboard. For your children's safety, please seat them toward the inside. For your safety, do not stand or try to exit the tram while it's in motion. If you lose something from the tram, please wait til our next stop and notify the operator. Thank you."

"Bienvenidos abordo. Por favor, permansca sentado mientras que el vehiculo este en movimiento y siente a los ninos en la parte central del asiento. Si pierde algo del vehiculo, espere hasta que lleguemos a nuestra siguiente parada y luego notifica al operador. Gracias."

I don't know how much clearer they can make it. People are just stupid or not listening or don't care. Besides, most of this is common sense (which is quickly becoming uncommon sense).

I believe people are becoming more stupid every year . Maybe there's something in the water or in the french fries people eat?

• Disney Freak

The tram is like one of my favorite rides in the park! lol Then you get on the Monorail, which from the old Tiny Toons movie, was the only ride that the Hamton J. Pig character and his family had gone on. And yes, I do know my 90's cartoon Trivia :-)
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

• Addicted to Disney...

Its sad that people do get hurt but Disney has many rules and regulations to their parks that something like this should NOT happen. I feel bad for the guy but he probably broke a rule or two
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes....
    Just Keep On Believing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    I rode a lot of trams this week in Florida, and I noticed that there seems to be some resentment on the part of the grown-ups who have to put their children on the inside when the kids want to be on the outside. I guess it's just too difficult to manage their children, even when their safety is concerned.

The other problem on the trams (and in the parks, in general) is the unintelligible announcements from cast members with limited English skills. It's hard to follow safety instructions when you can't understand them.
    I ride the trams mostly at D/L and the kids love to bounce around and swing out from the seat and I'm suprised this doesnt happen more often. I've observed that the people who seem to have problems following the rules dont have a problem because of a CM's inability to comunicate in english, but because of their own inability to understand english. This problem isnt restricted to the trams either, I could give you a long list of things kids do that are not safe this takes us back to people not managing their children in most cases.

The parking lot trams are the same as the trams used on the backlot tours at Disney's MGM and those have pop up sides. Of course this will slow down the load unload times quite a bit which is probably why the parking lot trams dont have them.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12