Boardwalk Inn and Magical Express Help

Hi, I am new and signed up to ask you all for your expert advice.
    For my honeymoon in January we are staying at the Boardwalk Inn. My question is, does anyone have any room recommendations for a Standard View room close to the elevator...but not too close,where you have a nice view...not parking lot, and can see the fireworks at Epcot?
    Second question, what do you think of the Magical Express? We are flying in from Canada so not recieving help with our luggage and coming in on a Saturday at 5:30pm...will it be too crazy busy and faster to take a Town car?
    Third question...Do you know how long Christmas decorations stay up till?? We will be arriving on the 6th of January and hope to catch a glimpse of them before they are taken down.
    That should be it, thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Boardwalk Inn and Magical Express Help

I'm not sure what the views are. You can look online or call and ask them. You will want a lagoon view though if you want to see fireworks from EPCOT.

As for Magical Express, go for it. They give you tags to put on your bags. Check in as usual. Then you won't have to deal with your bags at all. They ship them to your hotel and put them in your room if you're not there. However, be sure to pack some clothes in a carry on for your bags may not get to your room for a few hours after you arrive. Our flight arrived around 3pm and we didn't get our bags til sometime after 6:30.

As for the Xmas decorations, not sure about WDW, but at DL they keep them up til after New Years.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Thank-you for taking time to respond. I appreciate your advice.

With the Boardwalk Inn I wanted to see if anyone who had stayed there in the past had a great room and wanted share their room number.

With the Magical Express we are flying in on Air Canada which doesn't allow us to check our bags with Disney, but that is fine, I was just concerned about flying in on a Saturday. The Unofficial Guide to WDW says it is the busiest day and can take up to 2 hours to get to your resort. I was wondering if anyone had experience with flying in on a Saturday at 5:30 pm and how long it took.

• New Old Member

I stayed at the Broardwalk and the first time I had a garden view room on the third floor. Didn't know it at the time but with the third floor you are up over things, meaning a clear view. The room I had was a striaght shot right to that big ol' ball in EPCOT. Yes, at night fire works were seen very clearly. I have also stayed at the Broardwalk with a room viewing the lake which had a totally different atmosphere then the garden view room. Couldn't see the fireworks from the room but you did see the entertainment going on down on the broardwalk and the view of the lake, the lights, the people, the noise and so on. You can see the fireworks down on the broardwalk also. I liked both rooms for what they were, but the garden room was $100 less. If you choose the garden view, for broadwalk entertainment just go there, walk around, listen to the entertainers and enjoy. Don't forget the Broadwalk does have great resturants.