Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Incognito

Blog Entries

WDW through the eyes of Olympicnut

Here’s my take on the Micechat WDW trip. Now mind you I hadn’t been to WDW in 10 years so a lot has been added and that was my main goal, to do the stuff I hadn’t done before, and I accomplished this task with no problem!. So here it is, my trip report, for the new stuff I got to see and do.

Magic Kingdom – I truly enjoyed Mickeys NSSHalloween. We all had a blast trick or treating for candy, LOTS of candy. The fireworks were great. The Halloween parade – not so much. Philharmagic was FUN! Spectromagic was pretty! And I had the song stuck in my head the whole flight home. Stitchs Escape was a BUST and that’s 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. Buzz I didn’t like because you cant pull the guns from their holsters and the targets don’t light up at all so its hard to know if you’ve hit anything. After only getting 500 points at the halfway point I gave up and just looked at the ride elements, which were kinda card-boardy and boring. I like DLands Buzz much better.

Cinderellas Castle, all Halloweenified.

Final ride of the trip - Big Thunder. VFan peeking her head over Scarlions shoulder, Mr PixieChick, XHarryB, G4 and PixieChick

Epcot (Future World) – Mission Space is AWESOME and if you just keep your head back and look straight ahead at the video monitor you’ll do just fine! It wasn’t half as bad as all the warnings lead you to believe. Test Track was FUN FUN FUN but I only got to ride it once Nemo was very cute and I cant wait to see how they add those elements into the Subs. And the seagulls made me giggle every time I walked by them. The Journey into Imagination was COMPLETELY different than it was 10 years ago. I did NOT like this new version at ALL and was totally sad at the end. I miss the old one terribly. Oh and I did not care for those big marble “things” at the entrance to the park in front of Spaceship Earth with peoples faces on them. And the Epcot wand thingy, GET RID OF THAT THING! I’m sad at how FW is basically just becoming more of a “fast ride/flashy attraction” type of area. I miss the older days of Horizons and World of Motion and of Walter Cronkite in Spaceship Earth, where there was some edutainment happening. Seems like we’re drifting away from that and that makes me sad.

VFan and the big golfball.

Meet #1.

Same meet.

Off to have lunch in Germany!

In World Showcase I ate at the Biergarten in Germany for the first time (where they grow the beer ) I was extremely surprised by it and there was plenty of Onut friendly food to eat too! And the beer, HOLY HELL! I and a few others partook in the giant 5 gallon vat o’ beer. YUM!!! Had a little bite at the small take out type place in Japan one night and that was tasty. Illuminations was NOT the same. I like the old version better where each country in WS is highlighted and given its moment in the spotlight. But the fireworks were cool to see as usual.

MMMMMM - beer!! Where's Barbie, MissC, Onut and G4 enjoy some beer samples at lunch.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: WDW through the eyes of Olympicnut

MORE MORE MORE

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• xmanmom

Oh my god, I would so be done for the day if I drank that much beer at lunch. Ya'll can handle yourselves some alcohol. I guess that's why you are members of the DMCA. Heh!

Thanks for sharing your views on WDW. I assume there will be more? I hope so!

• Again! Again! Again!

Beer samples...
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

More to come, tomorrow, I need to sleep now.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Great pictures, Matt.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

Man, looking at that beer makes me sad we opted out of the Biergarten lunch.

Great pics so far.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awesome report so far!! I love that pic of the castle! Sooo pretty!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Earth Intruder

Yay for my roomie Onut! And yeah, those marble things in front of Spaceship Earth look TERRIBLE. Like a tacky war memorial. Anyone know how long they need to keep those stupid things up before demolition?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut View Post
    Buzz I didn’t like because you cant pull the guns from their holsters and the targets don’t light up at all so its hard to know if you’ve hit anything. After only getting 500 points at the halfway point I gave up and just looked at the ride elements, which were kinda card-boardy and boring. I like DLands Buzz much better.
    I have to agree with Buzz. Most of the time I'm very bad at it and Disneyland's seems easier - but keeping in mind that it was the FIRST Buzz and Disneyland's is more recent (HKDL is the most) that technology has changed and they have learned from past mistakes. During the last refurb of Buzz in Jan I was hoping for a major vehicle change, but we can obviously keep dreaming about that one.

As for Journey into... it has been actually changed more than once since you last saw it. Kodak isn't THAT stupid and they were upset when Figment was completely removed. Ride re-do number (who knows anymore? - TDI probably does) is rumored to restore the attraction to some version of its former glory.

Great photos O-nut! I'm glad you had fun and it was fun seeing you. I can't wait to see more photos.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Love seeing everyone's pics, but your's have the O-nut quality that can't be duplicated! Thanks!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Awesome photos!

• World Traveler

Very nice photos indeed. I look forward to seeing more!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Beer samples huh?
    Great photos. Cant wait to see more.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Part 2.

MGM – Wasn’t too impressed with Rock N Roller Coaster. I dunno why. It was short. The props/scenery are kinda cheeseball inside. I just think it looks like they plopped a short loopy coaster in a building and put a few cut outs in there and lit them up with black light at the appropriate times. I did enjoy Lights Motors Action. That was a fun show to watch! And Sci Fi Dine in was awesome! Great food and great service too! They treated us all just amazingly. The Indy show was entertaining. It held my attention, especially when the tank top wearing stuntman came out. I’m just sayin’!

Lindsaybog without her makeup, being run over by Herbie.

Where's Barbie prior to her shot. So cute, so innocent.

G4 shaking with excitement at the possibility of seeing a fellow Micechatter in a scene that involves lots and lots of water.

SPLASH!!! One second after 1,000 gallons of water rush through the window and douse our fair maiden. I never thought I'd say this but seeing Barbie wet really got me excited

Caspian and my alterna wife at Sci Fi. Better watch where you put your hands mister! You're sitting with a taken woman!!

Me and a fun poster.

Animal Kingdom – This was my first trip to this park since my last trip 10 years ago. Its visually a stunning park, with amazing landscape architecture and buildings and such. The pens of animals placed here and there are done quite nicely. I didn’t go on much, just Everest, Dinosaur and the Safari, all of which were ok. Everest was fun, I liked the backwards element and the look of the ride itself. The snowman wasn’t working for me both times however. All I got was a quick strobe effect, so I really have no idea how it looks. The safari was cool until they did that whole “chase the poachers” bit, then I lost interest. Disnosaur was…. loud, and confusing. I’m still not sure if we managed to finish our mission of finding some dinosaur!! I saw the Lion King show and I must say, even though I am one of the few who didn’t like the movie, the show is spectacular! Definitely a must see! As for food, I wasn’t impressed with my bar b que pork sandwich, mostly because mine had A LOT of fat in it – YUCK-O! But everyone else seemed to like their food so maybe I just got a bad batch of fatty pork. Our seating location on the river with the view of Everest was awesome though!

If the sign fits...

Token Everest shot.

MissC, G4 and I at the AK meet.

Wolfy and Fishy are super excited after seeing the Lion King show!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast