Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Epcot Boat rides

what are your guys' thoughts on these attractions

I remeber Malestrom vaugly and I've been trying to get videos on these attractions

how do you like them? have they held up to modern standards well?

I'm curious about some of these things and about the concept of theming rides to country's in general

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Dude save up your allowance for a trip to Disney World.

Or videotape your parents and blackmail them ! Just kidding.

actualy me and my dad are planning a big family trip out to WDW and right now I'm angling to go durring Epcots anniversary since my parants think Epcot is the greatest and now that I'm older I find it pretty cool myself (as opposed to being the little kid who didnt' want to wait around in movies or exibits I wanted more rides and um SUGAR!!!!)

I'm just curious about what people think about these attractions

they seem to be the two standouts along the world showcase (and I admitedly forgot that Mexico existed)

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Maelstrom was fun but El Rio del Tiempo was boring, it was like a Tijuana knockoff of Pirates of the Caribbean.

• Banned User

jspider,
    I hardly go on those rides anymore. They were cute in their days but are in major need of rehab and improvements. After sailing on "Sindbad" at TDS, it's simply pitiful to see how WDW continues to get away by offering these highly outdated rides, and charging higher admission fees that any other Disney resort on Earth. EPCOT is certainly a reflection of the 20th century, more than the 21st.

• Hello there

Blog Entries
    I am definetly a huge fan of EPCOT, but it is not for the rides. Ilike to walk around EPCOT's world showcasesample, and shop. I find the atmosphere pleasant and out of the 4 parks, it ranks right behind MK. Definetly don't think El Rio del Tiempo is worth any wait on a line, except of course if there is no line and you just want somewhere to sit in airconditioning for a few minutes while you take a mini nap. Maelstrom is OK, and I have gone on it every time I have been to EPCOT, but not a must.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Been there-Doing it again

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I am definetly a huge fan of EPCOT, but it is not for the rides. Ilike to walk around EPCOT's world showcasesample, and shop. I find the atmosphere pleasant and out of the 4 parks, it ranks right behind MK. Definetly don't think El Rio del Tiempo is worth any wait on a line, except of course if there is no line and you just want somewhere to sit in airconditioning for a few minutes while you take a mini nap. Maelstrom is OK, and I have gone on it every time I have been to EPCOT, but not a must.
    Is there ever a line a El Rio? I mean more than 1 boat load? I have to admit it's a guilty pleasure. I can't justify why I like it (because it's impossible) but I do.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess
    I am definetly a huge fan of EPCOT, but it is not for the rides. Ilike to walk around EPCOT's world showcasesample, and shop. I find the atmosphere pleasant
    Oh Mouse Princess, you would be in theme park heaven at Tokyo DisneySea!!! Best theming and atmosphere, great shopping and dinning, and on a lesser level not important to some.... some great rides!

Quote Originally Posted by xzoocrew
    Is there ever a line a El Rio? I mean more than 1 boat load? I have to admit it's a guilty pleasure. I can't justify why I like it (because it's impossible) but I do.
    Me too

• Santa Barbara, CA

To me, Maelstrom sounds too much like Menstrual, and they both have a lot in common. The ride actually feels like you've been on it for 28 days.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

thanks for the responces

I was curious because they sounded like they were angling for rides similar to Pirates but I never hear much about them (as opposed to all the future world attractions which I often hear about probably due to many of them being destroyed or going up for distruction)

I've only seen a few shots of the beginning of the Mexico one which I thought looked promising and I recently got a video of Maelstrom

either way it's too bad the world showcase couldn't have more

I do think they should TDS style it a bit

• Banned User

Just imagine how much nicer World Showcase would have been if they had built the gondola ride in Italy and the Black Forrest boat ride in Germany....

• Self Congratulative

Sure, El Rio del Tiempo isn't action-packed by any means, but the atmosphere is great, it's like It's a Small World all over again (For those who haven't been on it, I'm not joking), and it's totally relaxing to sit there and enjoy the drift after having your stomach pumped full of mexican food at the restaurant.

I'm not sure how it is supposed to be a copy of POTC.... besides the fact that there is a boat and water.

The best part is talking about how wet you get on the ride as you look at the horror on the faces of everyone else in the boat not knowing what to expect. They sit there and wait for a drop the whole damn ride!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    actualy me and my dad are planning a big family trip out to WDW and right now I'm angling to go durring Epcots anniversary...
    Umm, is there an anniversary that I'm not aware of? Epcot's 25th is coming up in 2007 - is that when you're coming?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by xzoocrew
    I can't justify why I like it (because it's impossible) but I do.
    Because it is simply the greatest ride ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast