Blog Entries

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Can anybody tell me if this event is nearly as cool as the Halloween party looked to be? My wife and I are considering coming down and doing Epcot and taking in the candlelight processional things (this isn't a seperate charged event correct?) and then also doing the Christmas party at MK which is a special ticket event. But before we spend all the money on it can someone tell me what to expect from both events. We've never been to Disney during the Christmas season.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

personally I liked Not So Scary better last year than Very Merry. There's not as much to do, but there are "special" fireworks and a parade... Sadly though if you wait a bit, you can see either of these on any regular day in the park and not have to shell out the extra 40 or so dollars. The cookies and cocoa were good though and a lot of the characters are in holiday costumes. It's cute but it depends.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I've been to Mickey's Very Merry about 5 times. I love it! They have special entertainment throughout the park all evening, the fireworks are spectacular - 360 degrees around the park. They also have unlimited free cookies (usually sugar) and hot chocolate. They used to have a nice souvenier photo taken of you as part of the package, but I'm not sure they still do. (I went last year with my kids but didn't get the chance to look for it.) I personally love Christmas, and plan my WDW trips around it. We definitely wouldn't miss it!

My advice to you - Last year the weekend nights sold out, but we had Thursday night tickets. The park was not crowded at all (That night never did sell out) and we had perfect seats for all the performances including the fireworks!

• and too all a good fright

I did both the candlelight processional and verry merry christmas party last year.

The processional was beautiful -- stunning really. It is a show with minimal flash and pizzaz, for Disney anyway, but worth seeing. Some restauraunts will let you make reservations for the show when you dine there (call ahead in advance). I did this option and was very pleased.

Mickey's Very Merry Christmas -- No fault of the park, but I didn't like this as much. The night I went it was very crowded. Many of the shows were difficult to see because of the crowds. Many of the freebies were gone. The rides were less crowded, but there was little time for this due to all the other stuff that was going on. My trip was mid-December when the parks were very slow (a great time to visit). The contrast between the empty parks and this packed event was a little jarring. The shows were a bit on the hokey side for my taste. I did enjoy the parade very much. The night wasn't a total dud, but I found the small christmas touches throughout the rest of the parks more magical and christmasy than the Verry Merry Christmas Party.

• I was deleted.

If you've never been there I would say to give it a try at least sometime. I will agree with kuzcochick that MNSSHP is more enjoyable - but if you go early in the holiday season I would say it is worth it more. Why? Because everything (parade, fireworks, etc) except for the cookies and hot cocoa are offered during the day/night to MK guests.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I used to attend this even regularly--until we realized there was nothing to be seen at the party that you couldn't have seen if you were willing to wait a little later. The Christmas parade is the same at the party as it is a bit later on. The two stage shows were the same as they would be, if you were willing to wait a bit later. The only extras we saw were free cookies and hot cocoa. Not worth paying extra money for something you'll be able to do by waiting.

ORWEN: Plus it seemed to us that they over-sold tickets for the parties, making the event more crowded than normal.

ORGOCH: I'd rather hunt frogs 'n go back ta that dang Christmas party.

ORWEN: I think you get a lot more for your money at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween than you do for the Christmas party.

• The one, the only...

For adults, I think the Candlelight processional is much better. The Witches are right. You can see most of what is offered there during the regular hours. But if you have kids, I know it would be a magical time.

I think the Halloween party is better for many reasons listed above. But one more... In December it is a lot colder and damper. Being out late is not as fun as in October.

If it is just the two of you going, I would skip the Christmas party but not miss the Candlelight processional! Go out to dinner at one of the resorts instead and enjoy the holiday decorations there. Much better for adults.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Also, the 360s are no longer in use for the Christmas Party's Fireworks Show, Holiday Wishes. They have been reduced to 200 degrees, which is a little more than around half of the park.

I don't find the Christmas Party worth the money. Even if Holiday Wishes was only shown during the Christmas Party, I still wouldn't find it worth it.

IF you're willing to visit during the ultra-busy times in the park, yes you can see the same parade. I'm not, so if I want to see the Christmas parade, I have to go during a party. However, I went last year, and won't be going this year - the parade is really the big draw for me, and not worth the price every year. The parade is a VERY big parade, with a LOT of bands, either marching or on floats.

For Candlelight, it is NOT a separate ticketed event, but you can do a dining package and be guaranteed seating. If you're doing stand-by, I've heard of people getting in line before the first show, and being so far back in line, they got to hear it 2 times before the saw the actual show. My time is worth it to me, if it's a high priority to see the show, I'll do the dining package. I'd call right away about that, some places have been sold out of packages for a while, so you might be at a lower choice of restaurant and time.