Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Disney Dreams

Re: Whats the best resort?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    Thank you so much. We ended up getting Port Orleans Riverside, not as a result of any of the advice, but because it was the only hotel left on the dates we wanted when we ordered through WDW. I was a little concerned about it, because I knew nothing about it, but after all the help and the last two posts suggesting it... I am looking forward to our stay!
    Glad I could help

You WILL enjoy your stay at Port Orleans Riverside . I have stayed there many times, and have NEVER been disappointed.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

I feel that the Port Orleans is really nice. The rooms are big and the hotel has a nice pool, but transportation is ok. Personally the beach one is the best!

• Having a Grand Day!

WDWGirl - is a bit behind the times in regards to the Contemporary. The entire Tower and South Garden Wing has been refurbished, and we all know what's happening to the North.

• Crazy Furry

It will always be Wilderness Lodge for me, love the theme and setting and I will always enjoy the boat ride to MK.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have always wanted to stay at all of the Disney Resorts at WDW. I have liked each of them that I have chosen. I then choose my activities around where I am staying.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    That's correct, it is not a Disney-Operated resort.
    Well thats just DUMB becuase if they already have the Magical Hours and the Early Morning stuff provided, shoot might as well just connect the Magical Express their way so they can garner more business towards them. Doesn't hurt them, doesn't hurt us. I guess I'm just bitter I'll have to find a way to get their while looking at all the other guests that don't have to. But oh well, itll be all worth it.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I've never stayed at one of the "official official" on property hotels (they're WAY out of my budget). I've only stayed at the ones on Hotel Plaza Dive by Downtown Disney. So far I've stayed at the Grosvenor 3 times and the Hilton once and both were nice. I'm staying at the Royal Plaza next month (got a great deal on a deluxe tower room).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have always wanted to stay at all of the Disney Resorts at WDW. I have liked each of them that I have chosen. I then choose my activities around where I am staying.
    Me too; I usually split my visit at 2-3 resorts, about 2-3 nights each. So far, I've stayed at these resorts:

Deluxe:

Wilderness Lodge
    Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Grand Floridan
    Polynesian
    Contemporary

Moderate:

Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter
    Carribean Beach
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't know how some of you people can stay at 2 or 3 different hotels in one visit. I wouldn't want to haul my luggage around like that... unpack and pack a bazillion times. You barely get settled in and it's time to move on to the next one. Totally something I couldn't do. I pick one hotel and stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    My pipe dream is the Contemporary (tower preferred) but we can't afford to stay there.

If I ever do a solo trip again, it'll be for only for a few days and at AKL Standard View. I'd like to try a Deluxe and WL is pretty dull for those of us who have been to Yosemite.
    HUH??!?

Yosemite is one of my favorite places on planet earth. Yet the WL has been my fave WDW resort since it opened. I would never call it 'dull.'

Relaxing. Beautiful. Majestic. Peaceful. Rustic.

All of the above.

AKL ... Contemporary ... Poly ... Swan ... Dolphin and PO-FQ would round out my faves in that order.

And I have stayed at EVERY WDW resort. Most of them, many, many times.

• xmanmom

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I don't know how some of you people can stay at 2 or 3 different hotels in one visit. I wouldn't want to haul my luggage around like that... unpack and pack a bazillion times. You barely get settled in and it's time to move on to the next one. Totally something I couldn't do. I pick one hotel and stay put.
    I totally agree with you. Do you really want to spend your time on vacation moving from hotel to hotel when you could be at the parks? Just seems like more headache than it is worth.

Oh and more on topic, I have only been to WDW once and stayed at one hotel, which was the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was FANTASTIC!! I have stayed at a lot of nice hotels in my day and this was perhaps the best hotel I have ever stayed in overall. I mean some other hotels I have been to maybe had a nicer shower set-up or were suites...but I could live at AKL. I was seriously tempted to do so, if I didn't have to abandon my cats!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post

Oh and more on topic, I have only been to WDW once and stayed at one hotel, which was the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It was FANTASTIC!! I have stayed at a lot of nice hotels in my day and this was perhaps the best hotel I have ever stayed in overall. I mean some other hotels I have been to maybe had a nicer shower set-up or were suites...but I could live at AKL. I was seriously tempted to do so, if I didn't have to abandon my cats!
    The Animal Kingdom Lodge is tied with the Wilderness Lodge for my favorite resort at WDW. The best hotel at WDW, in my opinion would be the Grand Floridian. It just feels the most luxorious to me, but I think I enjoyed the atmosphere of the other two more.

The best hotel I've ever stayed at is the Hotel MiraCosta, located inside Tokyo DisneySea. It's reminiscent of the Venetian in Las Vegas, except better in my opinion. Combining many Italian architectural elements, it is the most impressive Disney hotel to date. It offers the best view, better than any other hotel. It overlooks the Mediterranean Harbor section of DisneySea and it's just stunningly beautiful.

The lobby of the Hotel MiraCosta:

~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane View Post
    WDWGirl - is a bit behind the times in regards to the Contemporary. The entire Tower and South Garden Wing has been refurbished, and we all know what's happening to the North.
    We both know that. Con was the first person to stay in one of those refurbished rooms i know.. i visited her while she was there, and i have great pics of the contemporary new rooms, so i can show u those
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

From the ones I have stayed at in WDW...

Contemporary... it's not to badly themed right now.. and you get used to the new color scheme...

it's got nice rooms, even in the garden wings.. it's just bad for wheelchairs because you have to catch not one but 2 elevators.. then change monorails to get to epcot.

• Mouse Extra Dave

My fav is by far the Boardwalk. The rooms are great, and no other resort comes near it with reagrds to dining and drinking options. It has a terrific theme and you can walk to MGM or Epcot. What more can you ask for?
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123