Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Whats the best resort?

What is your favorite place to stay when you go to Disney World? My family and I are planning on staying at one of the really nice hotels, and then staying the rest of the trip at one of the value resorts? What is THE best hotel there, in your opinion? How about the best value resort?

• Banned User

Re: Whats the best resort?

my favorite is the yatch and beach club. I love the themeing of the rooms and the pool area

The Polynesian! Definitely my favorite, the themeing is great EVERYWHERE, it's on the monorail line which is a plus, and you can see the fireworks at MK from it!

• Yes?

For me it depends on the time of year. I love Wilderness Lodge in the winter and Animal Kingdom Lodge can't be beat for the animals under your balcony. Love Beach Club in the spring with its' closeness to walk to Epcot a big plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

The Yacht and Beach club. You're a short walk to the World Showplace entrance to EPCOT. They have great pools and restaurants and the scenery outside is beautiful.

The rooms and service are very nice.

The Christmas decorations are nice if you happen to be going around then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
    What is your favorite place to stay when you go to Disney World? My family and I are planning on staying at one of the really nice hotels, and then staying the rest of the trip at one of the value resorts? What is THE best hotel there, in your opinion? How about the best value resort?
    If you are planning on doing a split stay on your Disney vacation, let me suggest this. Begin your stay at the value resort. Then have the Disney staff move your luggage, and stay at the best deluxe that you can afford. Ending your vacation at the deluxe resort makes your vacation more special.

I have done this twice, and I would definitely do it again.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I really liked Saratoga Springs. It was beautiful, although we could hear the music from PI sometimes at night. In the future I want to try the Yacht & Beach Club and the Grand Floridian.
    <o>

• Disney Memory Maker

The best resort? Well, many of them can fit into that category. The best resort on a pure it-looks-pretty basis (imo) is Animal Kingdom Lodge. The resort with the best CMs, nicest rooms and most secluded (in a good way) is Old Key West. Overall though, I feel The Boardwalk is the best resort. Transportation is great. You can choose to travel to DMGM & Epcot by boat or if you feel up to it, it is only a 5 minute walk from Epcot & maybe 10-15 from DMGM. Starting off the vacation by seeing Spaceship Earth peak above the walkway before you even get in the park is just amazing. Everytime I walk into the lobby a rush of 1920's-vaudeville-main-street-like feel comes over me. The boardwalk itself is very nice and provides a nice start (and end) to the day.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• We'll hold them at bay

The value resorts are basically the same and certainly are not as varied as the other categories. I like the CBR for moderates. I prefer the Poly or AKL for the expsensive

• Loves Mickey!

I really like the Beach Club, it's really convenient that you can just walk over to EPCOT plus it has a really fun pool. The Animal Kingdom lodge is really neat too beacuse you can see the animals from the balcony which is really fun, the only thing is that it is a little out of the way.

• Having a Grand Day!

I'm going to be typical dnc and say the Contemporary - easily the best designed rooms on property (recently renovated), with a view and atrium (with added monorail ) that can't be beat.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wilderness Lodge.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Basically it really depends on what Theme Parks you want to visit. All of the Deluxe Resorts seem to be great. I have stayed in a few and loved them all. Can't beat their close proximity to the Theme Parks.

However the moderates save you money, and are more laid back, private, and require a little more patience in the bus waiting department.

Do your research and decide if you want to spend twice as much money on a room, so you can be close to your favorite park. Of course, most of the greatest restaurants, and some of the nicest pools are also in the Deluxe resort.

So it's all a matter of budget.

• Minion

My personal favorite at Walt Disney World is the Wilderness Lodge. It may not be the fanciest, but I really like the atmosphere there. If you want luxury, choose the Grand Floridian. I believe it is the flagship resort at Walt Disney World and pretty expensive too.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Wilderness Lodge...but a close second is AKL. Guess I'll try to figure out the winner the next time I go.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast