• Minion

Questions on Feb. Visit To WDW...

My wife and I will be married for 10 years on Feb. 10, 2006 and were thinking of a WDW trip from the 6-11 (Monday - Saturday) to celebrate. We will be traveling with our 4 and 6 year old girls and were leaning toward a moderate resort like Coronado Springs.
    My questions are:
    1. In general, how busy is WDW on those dates? I know this is a hard one to answer. Another site out there mentions the week of Presidents Day is very busy and I believe that is the week following our potential visit.
    2. How is Coronado Springs as a resort? Would you recommend this resort or a different one? So far, we've stayed at All Star Music and Caribbean Beach and were impressed with both.
    3. Does Disney do anything special for people celebrating things like anniversaries? Not necessarily looking for freebies or anything; just want to know if it's worth mentioning if/when we book the trip.

Some additional background: We've been to WDW 5 (or is it 6) times now and know WDW and the Orlando area pretty well.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

• Banned User

A) should be somewhat busy since a lot of international guests have now been visiting at odd times, that we used to concider low season. As long as you don't visit during a particular holiday, you should be fine.

b)Coronado is nicer and has a better location, IMO.

C) It never hurts to ask ... it's the only way your special ocasion will receive some attention from a cast member who would care to add a special feel or gift to it.

• Minion

Thanks, TDL Fan! Are you a CM at WDW? If so, I wouldn't mind hooking up with you just to say hi. PM me if you're interested. Again, not looking for any freebies or anything; just looking to put a face with a name and make a new aquantenence.

My esteemed pal, TLFAN basically gave you all the answers you need, but I'll add a bit...

<<1. In general, how busy is WDW on those dates? I know this is a hard one to answer. Another site out there mentions the week of Presidents Day is very busy and I believe that is the week following our potential visit.>>

It usually is fairly/moderately busy. But not anything like Spring Break, Christmas, 4th of July or Thanksgiving. And it will likely be less busy if you go the week prior to Prez. Day.

<<2. How is Coronado Springs as a resort? Would you recommend this resort or a different one? So far, we've stayed at All Star Music and Caribbean Beach and were impressed with both. >>

I have stayed at all three numerous times. It is FAR nicer than the other two you list. Has the best food court of any moderate in terms of quality and variety. Also, has the best pool area and jacuzzi of any moderate. It does have convention center (recently expanded) so it can be busy (but what WDW resort isn't?) and is spread out, but so is CBR and you've stayed there.

I, personally, would stay at Port Orleans French Quarter out of all the mods because of its smaller size, ambience/theming and recently renovated rooms. But you won't go wrong with Coronado if that's where you want to stay.

<<3. Does Disney do anything special for people celebrating things like anniversaries? Not necessarily looking for freebies or anything; just want to know if it's worth mentioning if/when we book the trip. >>

It can't hurt to mention it everywhere from on the phone with CRO to the front desk to any restuarants you dine at, but also don't expect anything ... you might be pleasantly surprised.

• Minion

Thanks for the info WDW1974! I guess it's pretty hard to go wrong when staying on Disney grounds. Even the budget resorts are well themed and have easy access to all the parks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries
    I've been to WDW for President's week the past few years, and I really don't think it's too bad. Of course, this is subjective, but I think it's better than going during the middle of the summer when everyone's off from school.