• 88 mph

Christmas Vacation Question

Hey everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster. I love this site!

My brother, mom, and I have planned a trip to WDW for December 23-30th. Through expedia, we weren't able to book Walt Disney resort hotels that we wanted, so we opted to go with Disney Swan. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel? How far is it from other resorts? How is the transportation work?

I visited the hotel website and learned that we also get the Magic Hours benefit, and complimentary boat transportation to MGM and Epcot(??). But we dont get Magical Express. Are there buses that go directly to the Swan and Dolphin from the Airport?

Also I've been hearing about this Mickey Mouse's Merry Christmas thing? Where can I purchase tickets for that?

Also, we have an extra day where we decided to go to Disney Quest??
    Does anyone know what thats like? Is it worth it compared to using that day to go back to a park we liked?

Thanks for the help! I really enjoy this site and plan to be more active now that I acquired a membership.

• Loves Mickey!

Re: Christmas Vacation Question

We stayed at the Swan once and really enjoyed it! It has a very convenient location in the EPCOT and MGM area. I think you could probably get the tickets for the Mickey Merry Christmas event at the hotel but am not sure about that. Hope you have a fun time!!

• 88 mph

thanks! i cant wait! anything i MUST do over there? havent been there in 3 years.

• Banned User

word of warning after christmas get to the parks early. MK is notorious for closing almost as soon at it opens from the 26th till 31st. the other parks aren't that bad but I have been to WDW when the MK was closed to even resort guests because of overcrowding. I remember one christmas season when MK closed and every single parking space was taken at TTC. wish I had a camera with me that day. I had never seen anything like it.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    Hey everyone.

Long time reader, first time poster. I love this site!

My brother, mom, and I have planned a trip to WDW for December 23-30th. Through expedia, we weren't able to book Walt Disney resort hotels that we wanted, so we opted to go with Disney Swan. Does anyone have any experience of this hotel? How far is it from other resorts? How is the transportation work?

I visited the hotel website and learned that we also get the Magic Hours benefit, and complimentary boat transportation to MGM and Epcot(??). But we dont get Magical Express. Are there buses that go directly to the Swan and Dolphin from the Airport?

Also I've been hearing about this Mickey Mouse's Merry Christmas thing? Where can I purchase tickets for that?

Also, we have an extra day where we decided to go to Disney Quest??
    Does anyone know what thats like? Is it worth it compared to using that day to go back to a park we liked?

Thanks for the help! I really enjoy this site and plan to be more active now that I acquired a membership.

Yes, it WILL be crowded. As long as you expect that and can deal with it, you should be fine.

As for the Christmas party, it's a seperate ticket event that you should be able to get tickets for at disneyworld.com or maybe through your hotel. You'd have to call and ask - I've only done it in person, so I'm not too much of a help.

As for it's location. It's a part of the Epcot Resorts. The Swan and Dolphin Resorts are located the Boardwalk and Yacht and Beach Club... close to the exit to The Disney-MGM Studios.

I can't tell you about transportation as these are technically a different resort. A friend of mine, his parents stayed there but they had a rental car. These hotels often house many of those at Disney for conventions, so it's difficult for me to say much except these hotels are gorgeous!

I would try calling the hotel for information regarding travel. Because most guests that stay there tend to be on business, that is probably why they don't have DME. Personally, the time you are going I wouldn't opt for DME anyway because of the large number of bags they will be dealing with at that time.

I haven't been to Disney Quest (I know, I know, shame on me!) but I have heard great things from it. I'll let someone who knows more speak to it.

• A Cape Cod Lad

we always stay at the boardwalk and the swan is just around the corner (5 minute walk). there is a boat stop at the swan and dolphin for nice rides to MGM or EPCOT. bus stop also for bus to AK or MK and DTD.

great dining choices in that area. unfortunately i just read that palio at the swan closed (tiramisu to die for). todd english's blue zoo at the dolphin is nice for funky/casual seafood, and the flying fish on the boardwalk is our fave. boardwalk is great for just walking around at night people watching and taking in the performers.

you can also get massages at the swan dolphin, boardwalk, or beach club. very nice break from the walking.

• 88 mph

THnx for replying everyone.

I am aware that it will be crowded, but they're still doing Extra Magic Hours for hotel guests right? I checked on the Swan website and they said that they provide that also.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    THnx for replying everyone.

I am aware that it will be crowded, but they're still doing Extra Magic Hours for hotel guests right? I checked on the Swan website and they said that they provide that also.
    It's the holiday season - that is when the parks are the MOST crowded, so yes.