Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• SpitSpot!

When Parks fill to Capacity

I heard a rumour that if you are a WDW Resort Guest and the park fills to capacity, you can still get in. Is this true?

We plan an being in MK on Dec. 30 but want to leave in the PM for a rest. Then we have ARs for Liberty Tree Tavern.

Any thoughts?
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Re: When Parks fill to Capacity

If the parks are truly full to the brim, then they will NOT let anyone in.

• Banned User

WDW uses a staged system. Level 1 is normal, Level 2 is the suspension of all admission ticket sales, Level 3 is WDW Resort Guests only using WDW transportation with multi-day tickets, Level 4 is no one.

And level 5...well, that's the neverneverland level, we don't ever go there...

• Banned User

the big days are the week after christmas when everyone is down for bowl games. and the MK is almost guaranteed to close even to resort guests. of course that includes new years eve. I haven't heard of too many closings of the other parks though but they are very crowded. i try and stay away from any florida theme park that week. even Busch Gardens hits capacity and I am not one for crowds.

The phase system is kinda complicated. There are certain restrictions that are implemented at the different stages. Phase One of Capacity means that the parking lot is closed, you can enter the park, but you have to park elsewhere and take transportation over. Phase Two limits entry to Resort Guests, AP holders, and folks that have already been in the park, the ticket keeps track of that. Phase Three limits entry to only Resort Guests and AP holders, with no guarantee of re-entry. Phase Four means that the park has met capacity and no further guests can be let in.

I'm not totally sure that this is how it works, I'm trying to remember from when I was working at Epcot. We had to deal with the Magic Kingdom closing twice, it was a very stressful time.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

I have a hard time believing WDW would not let their resort guests into the park on heavy traffic days... the way they kiss back and bend over backwards with resort guests??? Hard to believe they would keep them out of the parks.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I have a hard time believing WDW would not let their resort guests into the park on heavy traffic days... the way they kiss back and bend over backwards with resort guests??? Hard to believe they would keep them out of the parks.

They reach a legal limit. At that point they only way they could let anyone into the park is to start kicking people out.

That would be a neat thing to see. "Hey buddy, you have to leave, we have a resort guest that wants to come in and your are taking his space"

-dave

• golly gawrrsh

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    "Hey buddy, you have to leave, we have a resort guest that wants to come in and your are taking his space"
    Phase 5 LOL

Follow guests around and just when they are about to get on a ride - sorry buddy you're time limit is up - thanks for visiting the happiest place on earth - now please leave

Actually what they could do is with the spare place out in the parking lots, they could put up a large tent & tell them inside the park that you can greet the characters & get a photo w/ virtually no wait time out there... That'll free up some space...

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarLion View Post
    Actually what they could do is with the spare place out in the parking lots, they could put up a large tent & tell them inside the park that you can greet the characters & get a photo w/ virtually no wait time out there... That'll free up some space...
    That's actually a good idea! Don't they usually reach capacity on Christmas day by about 10:00AM? This is what I've heard in the past. We will be there the week before Christmas and leaving on Dec 23rd.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DoppelV View Post
    The phase system is kinda complicated. There are certain restrictions that are implemented at the different stages. Phase One of Capacity means that the parking lot is closed, you can enter the park, but you have to park elsewhere and take transportation over. Phase Two limits entry to Resort Guests, AP holders, and folks that have already been in the park, the ticket keeps track of that. Phase Three limits entry to only Resort Guests and AP holders, with no guarantee of re-entry. Phase Four means that the park has met capacity and no further guests can be let in.

I'm not totally sure that this is how it works, I'm trying to remember from when I was working at Epcot. We had to deal with the Magic Kingdom closing twice, it was a very stressful time.
    Phase one doesn't mean the parking lot is closed AFAIK...

And there's not really a way to block out everyone that is not a Resort Guest unless you have to show your room key, which to my knowledge, has not been done at the park gate for capacity issues. Resort Guests and APers only is a crock. In reality, as long as you're taking a bus from a resort, no matter what ticket media you have, you'll be able to enter in all stages up to stage 3. (As long as you already own it.)

Stage 4, as I have already said, is no one. That simply means that when 100 guests leave, 100 guests can enter. It's a Fire Capacity Issue.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Phase one doesn't mean the parking lot is closed AFAIK...
    Well, this IS how it was when he was working last fall. Since you're all knowing you might know more, but he is clearly speaking for direct experience that he has.

As for resort guests, I have to agree with you TDLFAN, however, it's kind of a first-come, first-serve for so much of this.

• Banned User

I remember the last time I was there and MK closed. THere were signs up and down the main drive to the TTC saying that the park was closed due to over capacity and also said that parking at TTC was full. people were free to go to MGM, AK or epcot but couldn't get into the TTC unless they had hotel reservations. as far as getting into the parks if you stay on property your room key is now your ticket into the park. so yes you show your room key or an AP to get in.

• SpitSpot!

Wow...sounds scary. But on the other hand, sounds too fabulous not to go. I guess I will play it by ear. Thanks for your input!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast