• now on the mainland

Observations from a weekend of WDW

I had the oppertunity to go to WDW this past Thursday, Friday and very briefly on Saturday. Here were some brief thoughts that passed through my mind:

The Infamous Wand of Spaceship Earth- Ugh! How incredibly tacky! That thing needs to come down ASAP

Mission: Space- Wonderful! I'm not a fan of cloning, but I think Disneyland needs to replace Innoventions with this attraction. In 3 days I've rode it 6 times. Did I mention that I had a Subway sandwich just before entering the park and riding the thing? I don't understand how people get sick unless perhaps they start to panic and begin hyperventallating (sp?). I would've loved to expierence the orignal intent of 5-6 G's.

Stitch's Great Escape- I wrestled with whether or not I should try it. I decided to do it, and when I left, I wanted to cry. The last and only other time I've been to WDW was in '98 and I loved Alien Encounter! This was, in a word, pathetic. I know it's more "kid" friendly, but I just don't see this as a worthy replacement. At least Alien Enounter had a queue time of 60 minutes (at least when I was there). Stitch always seemed to be at 5-10 minutes...not nearly the people eater attraction it once was.

TTA- Aahhh, to ride a Peoplemover again! Sure, it's not the Disneyland version, but as Jafar once said, "Desperate times call for desperate measures". In other words, I'll take what I can get.

I still have yet to check out Animal Kingdom and MGM. Perhaps next weekend. My tour of duty is still young.

• is on the rocks

Re: Observations from a weekend of WDW

I agree that Mission: Space is a pretty dang cool ride. Last time I was at WDW was '03, and I got to experience the Alien Encounter. I really enjoyed it. If I ever get back out to the MK I will probably skip Stitch's Great Escape.

Did you get a chance to see Mickey's PhilharMagic? That is one attraction I'd like to see in CA.
    She did it!

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    Did you get a chance to see Mickey's PhilharMagic? That is one attraction I'd like to see in CA.
    I did see the Philarmagic show. I enjoyed it very much. I wasn't really "wowed" by it, but this may be in part due to the fact that I wasn't able to enjoy it with anyone else. If it were put in Disneyland I wonder if they could rennovate the Fantasyland Theatre, make it an actual building, and show Philharmagic in there.

• Banned User

The Infamous Wand of Spaceship Earth- Ugh! How incredibly tacky! That thing needs to come down ASAP
    "I push the button"

How was the clones? and go to AK soon, Nemo will be opening for sure... and MGM wont be crowded much next weekend... or whenever you get time off.. except at night.

• The one, the only...

I totally agree with your observations. I love Mission: Space, hate Stitch and wish the Peoplemover was back at DL.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• It was not ME

Who ever got the bright Idea to put that wand on Spaceship earth in the first place needs to be shot, because that really destorys what was a beautiful view as you enter Epcot.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    I would've loved to expierence the orignal intent of 5-6 G's.
    Ride RnRC at MGM for a burst moment of those kind of forces. There's a common rumor that M:S was originally higher Gs because of the amount of sickness and complaints that came out of the CM previews, but they never changed it.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind the wand? haha.. I dunno for some reason I like it

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by ieffectfor_disney View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't mind the wand? haha.. I dunno for some reason I like it
    That's okay, it's only your soul....j/k

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    Ride RnRC at MGM for a burst moment of those kind of forces. There's a common rumor that M:S was originally higher Gs because of the amount of sickness and complaints that came out of the CM previews, but they never changed it.
    Yes, I am looking forward to riding that. It looks like I'll have this Saturday off (maybe), so if that's the case I'll be visiting MGM and AK....hmm, maybe stop by Epcot to ride M:S again.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    I agree that is a great attraction; however, with the large amount of repeat guests at DLR, how many would actually see it often? Sure, it's very enjoyable... but I think it would die a lot faster than it will at WDW that way.

I don't mind the wand as much as I do the "Leave a Legacy" in front of it.

My wife refers to it as "Pimping the Magic" while I think of it as the symobolic headstones for the grave in which Walt is surely turning over.