Characters question

I want to make my kids autoghraph book and was wondering how many characters you've seen in one day. I want to make sure i put in enough pages.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Characters question

Depends on what park you're talking about.

• Why can't you tune a fish

The most in one day. I am going to take a guess here and say 15 - without pushing it. Thats just random "hey its a short line lets go see them". You could easlily do much much more, especialy at MGM

At MGM. Figure the power rangers - thats four
    Along by Narnia you will find 7 or so in a row. - Last time it was JoJo, Kim Possible, Ron Stoppable, Mr.Smee, Gideon, Rabbit, Eyeore, and Koda - so now were are up to 11. Then over by the Muppet Movie there are three - Buzz, Green Army Man, and someone else I can't recall. So now thats 14. Just thinking about the day, Friar Tuck was there too in that long row by Narnia. Then there are the others you can hit around the park Micky, Minnie, Chip, Dale, etc. Thinking about it we did get Chip and Dale that day too. So that makes 17 on the day. And is it just me, or are Chip and Dale EVERYWHERE.

My take on it is in the other parks there are less characters available and/or the lines are longer. Epcot you are lucky if you see 5 (unless you have a disney visa then you can get in and see three right away). AK has a few, you are going to hit three out at Rafiki's Planet Watch, and 5 or so in Camp Mickey-Minnie.

-dave

• Yes?

I agree with dave here. My daughter is all about the characters and Epcot and MGM seem to have the best oppourtunities with the shortest wait times. If you are focusing on this I would do at least 45 pages. And if I may make a suggestion, make the pages larger enough for a signature and a photo. Then you can go back later and add the photo. My daughter has the book you can buy at the parks with the space for a photo next to the autograph and really enjoys looking at them together.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

At MK I saw around 15-20 characters my last visit in August. If youget there right when the park opens, Mickey sometimes does meet & greets in front of the train station by the floral thing. There's always charcters in town square. In the mornign I saw Donald, Goofy & Max and Chip & Dale. Later that afternoon in Town Square I saw Foul Fellow Cat (from Pinocchio),Jasmine, Belle (in her blue dress), Goofy again... you can find alot of the Robin Hood characters and sometiems Baloo here too. In Tomorrowland you can usually find Stitch, Buzz.. and I saw Chip & Dale there too. Back in Fantasyland you can find any of the Pooh characters by the Pooh playground. In Toontown you can always find Mickey in the judges tent, plus there's 9 different characters in 3 different rooms at the other meet & greet inside the Gag Factory. In Frontierland you can find Woody, Jessie & Bullsye and sometimes the Brers by Splash Mountain's queue. Then over in Carribbean Plaza you might be able to spot Hook, Smee, Pan & Wendy as well as Jack Sparrow. Over in Adventureland you can usually find characters from Aladdin and sometimes King Louie from Jungle Book.

Does this help?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Epcot you are lucky if you see 5 (unless you have a disney visa then you can get in and see three right away).
    But in Epcot's Character Connection - there are at least five characters in there, plus more during the day on the side entry. Then there are characters in the countries (several Princesses, Donald in Mexico, Aladdin in Morrocco, Pooh family in UK, and Figment as well). Characters exist there, they are just in different areas.

It depends on how many days. I would say to have at leasty 25 pages if you plan on meeting multiple characters and that is a primary focus. Probably even more, but it just depends upon your days.

• Mile High Member

I have a character question. Will they ever have more than one of the same character in the same park at the same time? For example, having Mickey out on Main Street and also in Toontown? Or are they sure only to have one out, because there is only one Mickey, right?

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingMouse View Post
    I have a character question. Will they ever have more than one of the same character in the same park at the same time? For example, having Mickey out on Main Street and also in Toontown? Or are they sure only to have one out, because there is only one Mickey, right?
    Yes, they will have Mickey out in his usual place back in Toon Town and still have another out front just inside the gate. At least, I've seen this done. I don't know if there is some rule regarding this or not. A cm might be able to answer that one. There may be only one Mickey, but how do you explain at least one of him being in every park at the same time of day. He's been cloned!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    But in Epcot's Character Connection - there are at least five characters in there, plus more during the day on the side entry. Then there are characters in the countries (several Princesses, Donald in Mexico, Aladdin in Morrocco, Pooh family in UK, and Figment as well). Characters exist there, they are just in different areas.

It depends on how many days. I would say to have at leasty 25 pages if you plan on meeting multiple characters and that is a primary focus. Probably even more, but it just depends upon your days.

True. I think what gets me about Epcot is that you have to go INTO a place to see them. We never go for a specific character, it's just if we happen to see one that we will wait on line. You are right though, Pooh and firends (and Alice) in England - as crowded as can be - two characters and a KidCot station all within 15 feet of each other, that was not fun. There are also some down by the gate to the world showcase - last time it was Chip and Dale AGAIN - man those two do get around.

-dave

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    A cm might be able to answer that one.
    Ummm... there is only 1 Mickey Mouse.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop View Post
    Ummm... there is only 1 Mickey Mouse.
    Just like there is only one of you.

MAYBE YOU are the one that's in two different places??

• Pirate Girl

We just got back from Fla and WDW(we are CA DLR locals). I am very dissapointed to say we saw only a handful of characters the whole time we were in the parks. I really wanted to get my pic taken(I am 43) with Safari Mickey or Safari Minnie at AK. They were only there dressed for Christmas in their little houses. I saw Donald and Panchito in Epcot's Mexico. But they closed the line right before me :-( I can't even remember seeing any characters(except in the parade that we saw a bit from a distance) at MK at all!

Good luck,
    Aprille :-)

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Quote Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
    I want to make my kids autoghraph book and was wondering how many characters you've seen in one day. I want to make sure i put in enough pages.
    You might want to consider making books that are adjustable. That way you could tear out pages (if you have too many), or add more (if you get lucky and meet everyone you want to meet).

Another cool idea I've seen is leaving space for a photo of the kid and the character.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

Thanks for the info. sorry took so long have issue's and couldn't login