Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Better late than never...PXC's Trip Report!

The Pixie Family’s Trip Report

I’m always late, so as not to disappoint, here’s my trip report only 2 ½ weeks after we got back! LOL! Mr. Pixie Chick, Pixie Kid, Pixie Mama & I had such a great time and I’d love to share some of the highlights with you! I’ve only been at the Magic Kingdom once, so this was my first immersive vacation to WDW. This is also like a journal for me to remember the trip by, so don’t feel obligated to read all the commentary!

Monday, 10-23-06: Traveling and then MNSSHP at MK
    We said goodbye to our fellow MC travelers as they took off for the Caribbean Beach. We waited for another 30 minutes for our Magical Express bus. We arrived at Saratoga Springs at 4:15 and checked in.

Magical Express:

Saratoga Springs:

As we got ready to head over to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween Party, our luggage still hadn’t arrived at our hotel. Luckily I had packed Pixie Kid’s costume in my carry-on. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my cell phone charger and my phone had died. L I had no way to get in touch with the rest of the group, so we just had to hope that we would run into them. We ended up seeing everyone on our way out, but at least we got to witness the phenomenon also known as Lindsaybog!!

We purchased the Disney Dining Plan through DVC and our first opportunity to test it out was at dinner at Tony’s on Main St. Our server, Christine, was first-rate. She patiently explained how the plan worked and made suggestions to get the most value from it. The food was great and was one of the best all-around experiences of the trip!

Tony’s Town Square:

With seconds to spare, I remembered the Headless Horseman would be riding through Main St. I had kept it as a secret & I took PK out on the patio to see. His jaw dropped! I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so surprised!

We really enjoyed the Boo to You Parade. I wish DCA would add one for Mickey’s Halloween Treat. Hallowishes was nice, but we didn’t have time to get over to a decent spot to view them. We got caught in the fallout…not good! The Villains Mix and Mingle show was a little strange. It seemed like Disney trying a little too hard to be hip. But hey, at least they have a show!

Our Red Ninja at MNSSHP:

Tuesday, 10-24-06: MagicKingdom

MNSSHP was not the best way to be reintroduced to the Magic Kingdom. Due to the lighting changes for the event, it looked dreary, sad & cheap. I was happy to see it in the daylight and within seconds my fear of remaining disappointed had vanished.

We made it!!

We took the Railroad around to Mickey’s Toontown Fair. After getting talked into it, PK LOVED Goofy’s Barnstormer!

We hit Tomorrowland & did as much as possible. Stitch was awful. : TTA was great! DL’s Buzz is way better, but I loved spinning through the “speed tunnel”!! Indy Speedway is basically Autopia with a face-lift.

Not a favorite of mine, but PK liked it, of course!:

We ate lunch at Cosmic Ray’s. It was a nice little Quick Service place that offered lots of different choices for the group.

We ended our day in Adventureland. I know everyone says not to throw away 20 minutes of your life to suffer through Tiki Room Under New Management, but we just wouldn’t listen. I had to see it for myself. Oh, how I regretted that decision.

We ate at The Plaza Restaurant. I think our experience was hampered by the fact that we had one of the last ressies of the night. The service was slow and unenthusiastic to put it kindly. The food was nothing to write home about either.

We were treated to a lovely sky at the end of the day:

To be continued...
    Last edited by pixie chick; 11-15-2006 at 04:53 PM.
    <o>

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: Better late than never...PXC's Trip Report!

Wednesday, 10-25-06: Animal Kingdom & Dinner at O’hanas

This is the park PK was waiting for for months!! He couldn’t wait for Animal Kingdom!

We ran into WDW’s version of PUSH…the talking palm tree. I found the guy operating it very quickly, but PK has no idea that it’s operated by someone, so I won’t post the pic of the control guy here.

Talking palm tree:

We did everything except Camp Minnie-Mickey. PK wanted to go on every trail and see every exhibit so we did our best to do just that!

Our soon-to-be 6 year old male visiting the gorillas:

Kilamanjaro Safari was nice, but I didn’t think it needed the whole poacher storyline. PK was really affected by the broken bridge part and proceeded to tell every CM that would listen that they really need to fix that bridge!!

On safari:

Expedition Everest was just awesome!! The first ride was unbelievable! Even though I had seen a behind the scenes show, I was still stunned by the effects! 2 enthusiastic thumbs up!!

PK loved the KidStops! This one showed kids how to track an animal.

This is when they showed the fake poo as the 2nd clue to figuring out the animal:

Fans of Fury!! :

The most important part of the entire trip for PK was to see the dino bones!

I was really looking forward to Primeval Whirl. Whoa, was I sorely disappointed…and I mean sore. They need to station a chiropractor at the end of that ride! They also have the world’s most unnecessary, yet hilarious, safety spiel at the end, “Please stand up before exiting.” DUH!!

This attraction is painful...literally:

Lots of animals at Rafiki’s Conservation Station:

At the little petting zoo PK found this Hidden Mickey:

The end of Day 3!

For dinner that evening, we met up to celebrate Chernabog's birthday at O'hana's. After a much longer than expected commute over to the Polynesian, we arrived after the group had already been seated. The service wasn't at it's Disney best and it began with the hosts seeming to be in a minor panic about what to do with us. I was ready to just leave. They finally figured things out & we squeezed in at a table.

As has been described in other reports, our service all around left much to be desired. I had to get up and find a couple of CM's just to get plates and silverware for our family. We saw our waitress once for drinks and then not again until the bill came. It was a good thing the entertainer worked double-time to keep our minds off the poor service!

The Clinks Kids & Pixie Kid watching the fireworks:

The honeymooning MiceChatters, FrodoPotter & Disneyphile:

Everybody limbo!! Our hardworking entertainer keeps the Lil MCers happy.:
    Last edited by pixie chick; 11-15-2006 at 05:10 PM.
    <o>

• love my friends

wow looks like you had a gret time.. I love that hidden mickey

Friends for life

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

PK is just the cutest kid I swear!! S is looking at the pictures with me and he got all excited! Great TR and thanks for sharing the pictures

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We hit Tomorrowland & did as much as possible. Stitch was awful. :

I have not see it, Last time I was at WDW was two year and it was not open.

Great report.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

I never get tired of seeing people enjoying Disney, keep them coming!

• If We Can Dream It...

WDW not only has the AK palm tree but also MK's own Push, he usually hangs out either in front of Stitch/ol' timekeeper building or up by Mickey's Star Traders/Path to Fantasyland.
    - Horizonsfan

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Thursday, 10-26-06: Blizzard Beach & MGM
    Blizzard Beach was fun, but suffered from the same problem that every other water park I’ve been to has: there were not enough chairs for all the guests. I would hate to see it in the summer!! I know space is at a premium in California, but WDW seems to have enough to spare. Finding a spot to sit is an anxiety causing part of any trip to a water park for me. I thought Disney would have gotten it right, but alas, we were searching for a spot to sit for quite some time.

On the bright side, this ended up being PK’s favorite park of the trip! He really loved it! There were enough slides for everyone to go on together during our visit and we all ended up having a good time.

A snowfamily greeted us on the way in:

We went to MGM in the evening and had dinner at The Brown Derby. Mr. PXC & I hopped over to The (Not-so) Great Movie Ride. Unfortunately this ride really depends on the acting abilities of the CM’s you get and if they aren’t talented (which was our case) it’s pretty painful to watch.

Our dinner at The Brown Derby was fantastic. Our server, Gany, was professional, warm and accommodating. We really enjoyed our dinner here! I will definitely make a return trip to this restaurant.

Our appetizers…Crab Cake, Salad, Scallop:

The entrees were so fabulous I forgot to take photos! Here are the desserts, though:

Next we were off to watch WDW’s version of Fantasmic! The only plus for this show was the amphitheatre seating. If I had never seen DL’s version, I’m sure I would think WDW’s F! was great. However, I have seen DL’s version & it blows WDW’s out of the water. I’m really glad I didn’t spring for a Fantasmic! Dinner Package.

Not exactly the Mark Twain:

More to come later...
    <o>

• Again! Again! Again!

Great trip report PC!! And who cares if it's late. It just helps keep the vacation going!! Reliving ir good.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

They need to fix that bridge!
    Great report so far!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Woohoo, I get to re-live our trip again...great pictures PXC! I love the one of you guys at the conservation station .

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Friday, 10-27-06: Epcot

After taking the obligatory photos with Spaceship Earth in the background, we started our day by grabbing fastpasses for Test Track and were awarded with Surprise Fastpasses for Mission Space! Very cool!

We then headed over to World Showcase to take our tour around the world. PK loved the KidCot Fun Stops and we also got the Passport to take around with him.

AAAAAHHHH!! Freaky mask!!:

All of the CM’s at the KidCot Fun Stops were friendly (except the one from the USA who seemed quite put-out at having to man the station and the Norweigan CM’s who were were goofing around with each other and not paying attention to the kids).

KidCot Fun Stop sponsored by Sharpie. Too bad all the markers were generic and dried out. L Most of the CM’s were terrific with the kids, though!:

Hats around the world:

Marble painting in Turkey:

In Morocco:

You should have seen PK getting down to the Moroccan music!! It was a crack-up!!

We ate lunch in Japan at Yakitori House or was it Yoshinoya? Maybe it’s because we’re spoiled here in CA with the availability of great ethnic food, but I was not impressed.

My anime-loving, nerdy boys loved Japan! Naruto...:

Yu-Gi-Oh!

We didn’t get a chance to sample much from the Food & Wine booths, but I did find- EVIAN!! Woo-hoo! The only decent water to be found at WDW!!!

After finishing up our whirlwind trip around WS, we went to use our fastpasses for Test Track. Thank goodness for those FP’s. I would have been one ticked off pixie if we had to actually wait for any length of time for this one. Test Track is highly overrated in my book!

Next, we met up with some MCers to do Mission Space. This attraction was FABULOUS!! The warnings in the queue were way overdone and mainly helped to raise everyone’s anxiety level before the ride. Once on, I just relaxed and enjoyed the ride. I ended up riding it 3 times that night!

We then hustled over to Coral Reef for our dinner reservations. Even with PS ressies, parties were waiting 20-30 minutes for a table. The place was a MADHOUSE!! I was assuming it would be a very quiet, and relaxing restaurant. Unfortunately it ended up being the loudest and craziest restaurant we went to during the trip. People were speaking at the top of their lungs and kids were running around & standing on chairs to see the fish.

Due to the wait, we told our server we were in a rush. He was very accommodating and brought everything out as fast as possible and brought out boxes right away. I couldn’t tell you if the food was good or not because I had to scarf it down so fast. Bummer.

The view from our table:

PK’s drink complete with dolphin garnish:

The Illuminations Dessert Reception was next. It was a nice bonus added on to our group tickets, but it would not have been worth it to pay for at full price. I’ve never been to a Disney dessert package event that was worth what they charge.

After the Illuminations event, we went back to Future World to do The Land & The Seas. Nemo was fantastic! I wish I could have gone on it again. If this is the technology the subs will be using, DL’s in for a treat!

We loved Nemo!!

Livng with the Land…better than I expected!!

Maybe it had to do with the company! J

PK loved Figment and got chosen for the Kodak demo/show after.

Our last full day at WDW coming soon...
    <o>

• I was deleted.

Awww.. what kid doesn't love Figment, I mean really!

Great pictures and commentary Pixie chick. I can't wait to see more.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

pixie chick, you've got a great looking family (yourself too, if I may say so!). Thanks for the photo journal - keep it coming!

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Saturday, 10-28-06: MGM & MagicKingdom

Disney-MGM Studios:

Our last full day of vacation. L

We only spent a couple hours at MGM on Thursday evening to have dinner & watch Fantasmic!, so we wanted to experience the attractions on Saturday. I walked around Hollywood Blvd. with PK while Mr. PXC & Pixie Mama went for Rock N Roller Coaster FastPasses and then went over to ToT.

We met back up at Farmer’s Market on Sunset for the MC Meet and they arrived with Dream Lanyards…which they quickly handed over to me!!

Dream Lanyards:

I took a turn on ToT and then we went to get lunch. We went to Studio Co. Flatbread…um, where’s the flatbread??? We all got hot dogs. *shrugs*

While my mom & I went over to Star Tours, the boys went over to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Area. PK loves play areas & as a parent I appreciate the area to let the kids get some energy out.

Star Tours is one of my favorite attractions and is basically the same as Disneyland's. For some reason there are strobe lights in the cabin that flash on and off when the ship is hit or fired upon. I found them very annoying and highly distracting. I thought someone was taking flash pictures and spent a good deal of the ride trying to find the non-existent, offender. Anyway, I had to at least show the boys the Endor & Tatooine themeing, so we went back to get them. On our walk back over to, we noted how the Osbourne lights probably look great when they’re on, but they really ruin the ambience during the day. We couldn't take any photos without strings of lights and wires in them.

I'm so glad we went back because we got to see a Stormtrooper…my favorite character all week!! YAY!!

Uh-oh! I got in Imperial trouble!!

After our Imperial encounter, we left the Studios. We traveled to the TTC to take the ferry over to the Magic Kingdom.

Back at the MagicKingdom:

This would be our last trip to the MK for this vacation. We still had a lot to do!! We hadn’t even done any Fantasyland attractions, yet! So, we went right over to Fantasyland. Philharmagic was fantastic! I loved that it was a 3-D experience suitable for the whole family. Winnie the Pooh was so much better than ours. We got stopped during the ride, it restarted without the audio, so we missed the ending, but nevertheless it was amazing. We just couldn’t pass up the Mad Tea Party.

And, the teacups actually spin!! Imagine that!!

After Fantasyland, we went over to Frontierland. Pirates of the Caribbean had a wonderful queue, but the ride itself was lacking, especially the end. Next, we did The Country Bears Jamboree. It used to be one of my favorites as a kid. I was disappointed that there were some audio and lighting problems. The narrator bear was barely audible, Big Al was WAY too loud & there was no spotlight on the baby bear. Just a few problems can really make a major negative impact.

CBJ…a childhood favorite of mine that suffered from lighting and audio problems at WDW. L

We ate dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. We enjoyed it a lot and we saw each of the characters at least once.

The Pixie Family from the GreatTerritory of California!!

After dinner, we met up with the group for Spectromagic. It was a nice variation of the Electrical Parade. Afterward we went on Big Thunder for Scarlion’s special BTMRR ride- East Coast style. “We’re going uphill!!”

After some last minute shopping on Main Street, it was time to say good-bye to the Magic Kingdom.
    <o>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast