Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Can We Lose the Hat?

I have been to WDW three times over the years. The one park I have never visited, is Disney-MGM. One thing that keeps me from going, is that hideous hat. In my own silly way, as someone who doesn't get to go too often, when I do go I want to see that vista with the Chinese Theater at the end. I have put off going there until that hat is gone...is there any chance that it will go any time soon? And does anyone know if there is anything we can do to hasten its departure?

• Banned User

Re: Can We Lose the Hat?

maybe some stratigically placed dinomite? otherwise I doubt it will be gone any time soon unfortunately. but if it's a choice between taking the hat down and a new attraction or new entertainment I chose the new entertainment or attraction any day.

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

I'd opt to take it down over anything but an E-ticket.

• If We Can Dream It...

I think the hat is actually quite nice but, in so wrong a location it's ugly (that makes sense, right?). If only there was some way to disassemble and rebuild the hat as part of an entrance to an attraction on Mickey Ave/Animation Courtyard or on the long path to Fantasmic!. Think about it, the later option could make everyone happy, it removes the hat from the main vista and creates a major merchandise location for crowds heading to/leaving Fantasmic. It's almost too perfect.....
    - Horizonsfan

• Pirate Girl

We just got back from WDW. MGM Sudios is my least favorite park. We spent less time there than anywhere. Rockin' Rollercoaster was the best though. But that was about it. You aren't missing much. But to NOT go just because of a structure......you must really not want to go.

Aprille :-)

I like the hat personally,
    I do like the Earful Tower a lot more, but I thik that i like the hat because that is the only way I have ever known the park, the only time i have evr been there was with the hat up

• Earth Intruder

I find it sad that the current symbol of the Studios Park is a giant ugly pin cart.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

LEt me make a change to what i said earlier, i like the hat as an icon, i dont like the pin trading/shop underneath it

Personally, I love Sorcerer Mickey and his hat, but aesthetically, this hat is just wrong. The Chinese theater is the Cinderella Castle of DMGM, and I think someone needs to learn that and quick.

However, I do agree that the hat should not go away permanently, maybe it could be integrated into the All Star Movies resort or another part of DMGM, I don't like the Fantasmic path idea only because it would take away from the Sunset Boulevard atmosphere which is some of the best work WDI has done IMHO.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Huh?

It's been a while since I've seen this thread... guess I need to post the worst case scenario again...

-Tim

hahahaha

• Banned User

when the studios opened the icon for MGM was the water tower with the mickey ears. I would just love to see the hat gone altogether. you can put the pin training station in a different area. like the animation courtyard. then the entire area of the chinese theater will be visible again and the courtyard with all the signed cement can really be enjoyed.

• Banned User

Hideous! How can it be. Thats what gives MGM its theme!

I know i'm more of a Disneyland Resort person, but come on. Without that we wouldnt really know what it is.

MK: Castle
    AK: Tree
    MGM: Hat
    Epcot: Ball

All 4 of those i listed are like the main photo spots, you can show someone a photo of that hat at MGM and most disney fans or regulars know where it is!

KEEP IT!

• Circle of Ancients

I personally think they could place the hat in the entry courtyard area (where the "Crossroads of the world" thing is).

It would give it that recognition but also free up the Chinese theatre.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

The only problem is that Disney has lost the rights to the Image of the Chinese Theatre. That is one of the main reasons the hat was put it, as Disney can not use the building in any marketing campains any more. (This is also the case w/ the name MGM, when you see it in the vacation planning video it is just called Disney Studios).
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast