Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Bad, bad, lazy marketing ...

The Disney marketing honchos.

I'm sitting here with my fat butt on the sofa in SoFla watching some ABC (Day Break is an excellent replacement for Lost, btw) when I see a commercial for the holidays ... at DL?

Well, there was the snowman in mouse ears dreaming of DL ... there was DL's Dumbo, DL's Main Street, DL's Mansion Holiday, DL's Christmas Fantasy Parade and finally Alec Baldwin (guess he's real hard up for cash!) does a voiceover talking about 'all the holiday magic in four parks' and they fade to an image of fireworks over Cindy's Castle with WDW below. Hmmm ... so I guess they don't expect the Boca Raton elite to travel to Anaheim after all.

How stupid/cheap are these trained chimps that work for Rasulo and Co?

Would it really have been that hard to send a crew out and get some film of the Ozzy Lightfest at the Studios, Holidays Around the Fireworks Fallout Lagoon at Epcot, or even Mickey's We'll Charge You $40 for What Used To Be Free Christmas Parties?

C'mon, Mr. Iger ... you're better than this. Globalization doesn't work. Pull the damn plug on Rasulo, Weiss and their minions already and get some folks in there who have a clue.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Bad, bad, lazy marketing ...

I don't think most people can tell the difference between Dumbos, but the Mansion Holiday isn't even a ride at WDW

• Banned User

I have got to see this commercial...

it will probably never happen, Tampa's stuck with the standard dreams commercial they show nation wide... (on the strangest cable networks as well..)

how can they think they could pull archive footage from Disneyland... I know they have some from WDW in there still...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Marketing has gone to C-R-A-P

Stupid Moronic Imbesols at Disney have been
    so confused by celebrating all sorts of anniversaries
    75 of Walt Disney Co, the Millenium, 100 B-Day of Walt,
    50 of DL , and now the 35th of WDW MK and 25th of EPCOT.
    no wonder they can't even tell the diffences between
    the 2 resorts at the 2 different coasts on this continent.

It's really amazing they didn't accidently slip in some
    footage of Tokoyo Disney Seas and the Castle at
    Disneyland Paris, and Jungle Cruise in Taiwan. Heck,
    it's amazing they didn't mix in footage of Islands of
    Adventure! That's a Disney Park, isn't it? :b

Lunkheads!

• It was not ME

Did I not hear on another message board that one of the reasons the parks are in bad need of maintian was because the markering people have lobby the big boys for tons of money, I wonder where that money is going if the marketing department is doing stupid stuff like this.

• Disney Memory Maker

Is it really all that big of an issue? It's not like they haven't done this in the past. The Dog Days commercial also was entirely DL (the one with Pluto, not the actual dogs). While it would be nice for them to advertise the dancing lights and various other features of WDW's holiday season, I'd rather they spend more money on the parks themselves then advertising them. And at the end of the day does it really make a big difference whether they used DL's Dumbo or WDW's Dumbo?

(But I do agree with you on Day Break though )
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

actually.. they can get away with some things.. but when they show attractions we dont have thats a problem.... (Remember the 2 dogs that fall in love, that was a Disneyland commercial, and it worked because they didn't use to much... then superimposed WDWs castle over DLs... and we could tell because of the railings...

but it did not show attractions that dont exist or look completely different at WDW

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    I have got to see this commercial...

it will probably never happen, Tampa's stuck with the standard dreams commercial they show nation wide... (on the strangest cable networks as well..)

how can they think they could pull archive footage from Disneyland... I know they have some from WDW in there still...
    They've shown it in the Tampa Bay area. I saw it last week. I was like, "Haunted Mansion Holiday? WTF?! That's not here that's in Anaheim!"

I wanted to throw something at the TV.

• Banned User

I barely watch local.. did ABC show it, and when?

• Minion

ORDDU: Does it make any difference? Well, of course it does!! Anybody who doesn't see that doesn't see much. If a company wants to maintain its integrity, it doesn't take part in such obvious false advertising like that. It's true that portions of the audiences watching won't know the difference. But it used to be that Disney CARED about educating the public in regard to all the differences.

ORWEN: Besides that, the money they might be saving by cutting corners like that ISN'T being put back into the park.

ORGOCH: So don't be one a those dang apologist types who looks fer ev'ry way they can ta make excuses fer a comp'ny that don't deserve ta be let off the hook so fast!!

There is no excuse.

It's passing off one place for another and, in doing so, blatantly misrepresenting what people will experience at WDW (no Mansion Holiday, no snow on Main Street, different parade, etc ...)

The fact that most folks won't notice or care doesn't change the fact it's wrong.

Cheap, dumb and lazy.

• Shubisha

This comes after a lot of us complaining about the 50th commercials with Walt Disney's dedication and them showing WDW instead ;P Kind of funny they do it both ways and don't just unscramble them so the DL stuff goes to the DL commercials and vice versa. But then again I guess the point of the DL 50th one really was to get people to go to WDW anyways :P

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    ... then superimposed WDWs castle over DLs... and we could tell because of the railings...
    I didn't notice

• World Traveler

I don't think you're average person will know the difference. To a lot of people, Disney is Disney and they'll just visit the closest resort.

• now on the mainland

I saw it last night. Did anyone else notice that they showed the Indy ride complete with the giant cobra?! Are they just showing the same commercial for both parks and adding in either DL or WDW at the end? Either way, this is freakin' retarded! It seems like Jay and his cronies are just trying to sabatoge the Disney company. If I were Iger I'd fire Jay, and whoever else had a hand in this crap. It's not a nation-state, just a corporation, but treason still comes to mind when I think of what he's done.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast