Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyway Info

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Skyway Info

For all you Skyway fans out there, no I haven't heard anything about it coming back. I just thought I'd post some interesting things I've discovered about the Tomorrowland Skyway station since I sarted working in Tomorrowland.

First of all, the restrooms underneath the old Skyway building are still called "Skyway restrooms" on all our documents and is the name all cast members use to describe them.

On to the more interesting stuff...the other day I was helping clean up after the HSM Pep Rally and some of the streamers that they shoot off at the end got caught in a strong wind and ended up directly in the Skyway building... so of course I volunteered to clean them up. I climbed up the old exit ramp and met up with an attractions host who had already made his way up there to help clean. Here are some things I observed...

• If you think Magic Kingdom maitenence is bad don't look up here. It looks like there hasn't been any work since the day the Skyway was removed. Bird poop, cracks and water (it had rained the night before) was all over the place and it didn't smell too great either.
    • The queue switchbacks are actually still there, no idea why they kept them but I guess there was no point in removing them.
    • The indented platform thingie that the Skyways would rest on as the people unloaded is still there and intact.
    • The Skyway cars are all still stored in the storage area that is the back of the building.
    Despite all the problems with the building, I think the building has been fairly well preserved, if they got a cleaning crew up there and did some minor fix-ups it could be returned to the building it once was. I hope you guys appreciate the information.

• Banned User

Re: Skyway Info

one more thing.. the plaque that shows what is what in tomorrowland mentions Buzz Lightyear, No stitch, and mentions the Skyway station.

there was a photo on my PC, have not gotten it on my laptop yet.

I have taken photos of the public area, and seen how the paint is chipping around it... I'm wondering how bad of a condition the old store is in... (they could reopen it and sell HSM and generic stuff in it...)

• If We Can Dream It...

I always wished they would do something with that building. Just to bring some life over there other than the restrooms. I thought that with as popular as the character meets are, why couldn't they do some simple remodeling to the upstairs area and turn it into a character meet n' greet. Heck they could turn the old shop into a counter/quick service location and they'll never be able to keep the crowds away. Just an idea.

Really appreciate the info. Too bad about the upkeep!
    - Horizonsfan

• Banned User

That building is scheduled for demolition once new restrooms are built. Don't get your hopes up people.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    That building is scheduled for demolition once new restrooms are built. Don't get your hopes up people.
    :: cries ::

• If We Can Dream It...

Oh well, what are you going to do? Where are these new restrooms supposed to be built? I've heard this before (a year or two ago) and nothing came of it. What's the plan to use that area for? Please don't let it be the COP removal/Incredibles rumor, oh god, please don't let it be.
    - Horizonsfan

does the fans are still working in the Skyway Station ?
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

There are tons of plans for that area, but none are moving forward right now. The new restrooms won't be built for a while, but they should be in that same general area.

I'd be betting on something to happen when Space Mountain goes down.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    I always wished they would do something with that building. Just to bring some life over there other than the restrooms. I thought that with as popular as the character meets are, why couldn't they do some simple remodeling to the upstairs area and turn it into a character meet n' greet.
    That's what they have done with the Fantasyland side! It's stroller parking and/or a character meet-and-greet (usually for night parties).

Great information ecdldude! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

• World Traveler

I loved that skyway ride so much! Now, every time I visit an area with mountains I make sure to check out if they have a tram or ski lift.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    I believe it when I see it or it comes from a disney executive's mouth. I would think when they are ready to replace it with some attraction they will do something. until then it will be like the sub lagoon, abandoned and unused.

^^That's Disney's history. Just abandon things and let them rot ... let nature take its course.

Take a walk into River Country sometime if you really want to get depressed.

I've heard about restrooms at DL that were just walled over. They weren't even disconnected, when Disney decided to not keep them open. Crazy crap (literally) in some cases.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't tried moving those Skyway buckets to E-bay or Disney Surplus. Although I guess there are only so many folks that could do something with one or is ill enough to buy one.

• Monorail Racer

I remember working the Skyway Shop well. It was a little quieter than working some of the other Tomorrowland shops and it had something of a cozy location. I actually had somebody use the bathroom on the backside of the shop...just peed on the wall and door. Apparently, they couldn't wait to get to the bathroom that was located on the other side of the shop just a few feet away.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

• Banned User

as i said.. move the HSM stuff to that shop...

since the stage is so close...

• Screenwriter for NLF

What are the rumored plans they may take place? Seems like a waste of a building to just bull doze.
    Hey Disney Fans, come say hi to me at http://www.myspace.com/blackiepueblo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast