Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: No video allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    well, I can't agree on this one. I think there are more positives than negatives.
    Ditto. I may not be at Disney parks nearly as much as most people on here, but I have never been in an attraction when someone turns a video light on. And I must reiterate, I would still "suffer through that" in order to re-experience the attractions I love so much but see so little, and to see attractions that would otherwise be a pipe dream to see, such as the offshore park ones.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Flash photography and video camera lighting should not be used, and I know it is hard to enforce, but a complete ban I would not support.
    They also need to prohibit the side flip-out monitors on camcorders. If you wanna tape, use the eyepiece! Them side monitors really tick me off!!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Some of us think that WDW was also better when they enforced strict no photographing and videotaping of all shows and attractions.
    Shows, I understand; attractions, pah! Maybe something like POTC is not the best place to bring your camera, but stuff like HM and Fantasyland rides where I have a whole car to myself, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    They also need to prohibit the side flip-out monitors on camcorders. If you wanna tape, use the eyepiece! Them side monitors really tick me off!!!
    Increasingly, consumer cameras don't have eyepieces, they just tell you to use the screen instead.

Frankly, the more and more Disney tries to exhert control over their visitors' methods of vacation on minutia like this the less and less inclined I'd be to enjoy myself there. I didn't get much video from DisneySea since I had to drag along a friend from work for the day with their camera , but I had to gaijin smash dearly polite people getting upset about recording just to get what I did.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 11-21-2006 at 10:04 AM.

• Banned User

^If it wasn't an Equity show, then they couldn't make the performers do the level of physical performance and such for the show, right? and get the kind of talent they need for this type of show?
    I was told that at WDW Resort is that for performers to be able to do more advanced and technical dance, that they need to be Equity. Otherwise, the show would have major restrictions on what the performers could do.
    for some reason I think the oposite is true but i may be wrong. Equity put restrictions on what performers can do. also broadway shows and many concerts ban video for copywrite reasons as well as protection for the actors.

• Banned User

Why in the world does anything expect access to shows and attractions without paying to enter the parks?

If you can't pay, you can't see it--pretty simple. That's the way our economic system works--no pay, no play.

The idea that anyone would feel entitled to see new shows and attractions without paying to enter the parks is crazy. Just like people who think everything on the internet should be free.

I find ANYONE taking photos, flash or not, to be a distraction and annoyance to other customers, and ditto for idiots with video cameras and their stupid bright screens when you're in a dark environment like Pirates of the Caribbean or a theater! I think all cameras, both still and video, should be banned from every ride and show in all the parks.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    It's annoying to other guests ... and frankly, I don't see why there's a need to have this stuff on the Internet. Get off your behind and go EXPERIENCE the show for yourself ...
    I had to disagree with this statement to some degree. Not just yours, but, this idea in general. If I had my way I would spend every ounce of my vacation time down in FL but, I have to compromise with what the rest of the family wants to do and plus, while I am gifted with being able to go roughly every six months, it would put a huge strain on my budget and other "things" to go to FL any time I wanted. Plus, my feelings are that watching it on video/seeing photos are completely different from actually being there. Not sure if that entirely makes sense but, thats the best way I can think to explain it.
    Let make this clear though, disney fan or first-timer, I despise using any sort of flash/high lighting, no matter what the purpose. As for using video of the Nemo Musical, I'd say it's in everyone's best intrest to not be able to film it. I'd love to see it, but, I'd rather experience it in person and then enjoy it thru video. I think it should be a rule of thumb to not be able to video/photograph any attraction during previews.

To reinforce my thinking, let me quote a video I have of SSE*: "Physical distance is no longer a barrier to communication. Today the entire world is our next door neighbor. Our news is there news. There news our's. We share our hopes and our concerns with the entire world. We truely live in a global neighborhood."
    With very little thought this can be applied to this arguement.

* = the video I'm talking about is Martin Smith's (excelent) tribute to SSE '94.
    - Horizonsfan

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    I think all cameras, both still and video, should be banned from every ride and show in all the parks.
    Oh joy, Disney Hitler has arrived.

I suppose you have NO pictures taken on any attractions whatsoever? Disneyland is responsible for more vacation photos than any other destination, and the way things used to be was that flash photography was prohibited on all attractions. I wouldn't mind going back to that, but what you suggest is frankly ludicrious.

Goodbye, picture of the kids on Dumbo/teacups/etc.

I hope that when your favorite ride is scrapped by a penny-pinching manager, there's no pictures or video to remember it by. Actually, maybe not, because maybe we have the same favorite rides and I know I treasure my Skyway/Peoplemover vids.

• If We Can Dream It...

^^^Agreed, keep this little tidbit in mind, roughly 3% of all average photography in the world is taken at a disney park. Doesn't see very large but think about that when you compare it to the size of the world.
    - Horizonsfan

• Disney Dreams

I like videos and pics of parks when I can't go. I'm go to WDW frequently, and I enjoy watching videos and pics that I take when I go. If that's taken away, its like saying, "Don't take pictures in front of Cinderella's Castle." Ok, maybe its not exactly the same, but you get my point. Its unfair. I like seeing stuff on the other coast, too! So I like watching DLR videos and pics, too! Keep the pics and videos, Disney!

There are rides where photography is not allowed, like Soarin'. Soarin' is essentially a movie, so filming your ride experience wouldn't be much different than filming your experience in a movie theater, regardless of intent.

I haven't seen the show yet but could there be similiar issues (copyright, bootlegging.. I'm not an attorney) with video elements in the production?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12