Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Question No video allowed.

So my question here is why has Disney decided not to allow video of the new Nemo Musical, but you can video all the others? Is this a new step to ensure their show's aren't leaked out? What is your answer???

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Re: No video allowed.

really, think about this. allow people to tape it with a change of a problem, or banning it for a while encouraging people to come down and see it for themselves like a real Broadway show...

Some of us think that WDW was also better when they enforced strict no photographing and videotaping of all shows and attractions.

It's annoying to other guests ... and frankly, I don't see why there's a need to have this stuff on the Internet. Get off your behind and go EXPERIENCE the show for yourself ...

• Creative Director

^See, thing is, some of us have don't have the means to get down there to experience it ourselves. Financial, health matters, and so on. As much as I would love to, I can't travel due to my health right now, nor could I afford it. But all this disney stuff online, that people like yourself seem to think should not be on the internet, has been one of the only good, positive things that keeps my spirits up with what I am going through right now. Yes, some people are lazy, but some of us welcome a little disney magic in our everyday lives within our homes. So, I would NOT want disney parks enforcing no photos or video of shows or attractions. Flash photography and video camera lighting should not be used, and I know it is hard to enforce, but a complete ban I would not support.

• Monorail Racer

Agreed. It's no big deal for a lot of hardcore Disney fans to be able to get there and see some of these shows and attractions, but there are plenty of folks who aren't able to see it, for one reason or another. It's nice for them to be able to see something of the magic. No flash, no video lighting...and it would be nice if people wanting to video stuck to the back or sides of the theater out of courtesy for others, but I wouldn't be in favor of outright banning all video and photos.
    Warning: Portions of this attraction are intense and may not be appropriate for younger children.

I also wholeheartedly agree that having video of parks available online is fantastic. As someone above mentioned, not everyone has the ability to go to the parks regularly, or at all for that matter. I just got back from Disney World, and went to Disneyland 2 years ago, but that is all the Disney traveling I have been able to do in the last 11 or 12 years. We have such a great time, that I like to relive the attractions and atmosphere through videos and audio. It really picks me up, and brings added brightness to my day. My videos are never as good as the ones I can find online by the way. Also, I know I will never make it to Japan, and I love seeing the videos of attractions there that are better, or will never appear in a U.S. park.
    Now, to deprive the thousands of fans of things like that, so that you are not distracted during your 10th ride in one month on Peter Pan, is being a little selfish in my opinion. You can still enjoy an attraction in person, even with distractions. Please let us enjoy them from afar as well.

As for no filming on Nemo right now, since it is was still in dress rehearsals, they probably don't want video of mistakes, or elements that won't make it to the final version. Is it open now in it's final version, and still no taping?
    Last edited by DizneGreg; 11-20-2006 at 09:15 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

The only shows that seem to have issues with taping are the inside shows.

When we were there last month I was able to tape all of the shows we saw with the exception of Little Mermaid and the 3D shows (if we had seen any).

We were able to tape Beauty and the Beast and Lion King with no problems.

I'm thinking when your taping could possibly effect one of the performers, or it's a copywrited film, then it's not allowed.

I like to videotape things like this so my family can re-visit the park after the trip. And these shows/parades/events do not last forever, so its a great way for us to re-visit the things we love so much after they are gone.

• Banned User

Maybe Disney is thinking of making a DVD to go with the CD... lol

they will make millions! and then waste it on bonuses for the exects..

• Banned User

it's a new show they don't want it on the internet when they are trying to get people into the parks to see it. I am sure the same will be for the laughing floor. and frankly internet video quality is pretty poor. I am sure once things get settled you will be able to sneak in video just no flash photos. I doubt that nemo is an equity show.

• Banned User

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. You doubt Nemo is an equity show? Ha ha ha ha ha.

News flash, Nemo is almost entirely equity. Anne Hamburger wouldn't have it any other way. Even Cinderellabration was equity.

Not to say that's why they don't allow taping though.

• Creative Director

^If it wasn't an Equity show, then they couldn't make the performers do the level of physical performance and such for the show, right? and get the kind of talent they need for this type of show?
    I was told that at WDW Resort is that for performers to be able to do more advanced and technical dance, that they need to be Equity. Otherwise, the show would have major restrictions on what the performers could do.

The problem with allowing video-taping of shows and attractions is that people don't think of others and do ruin experiences by holding up camcorders and turning lights on in darkened attractions.

While I have no doubt, it benenfits some folk to see the stuff online because they can't get to WDW frequently, I also think the negatives far outweigh the positives.

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The problem with allowing video-taping of shows and attractions is that people don't think of others and do ruin experiences by holding up camcorders and turning lights on in darkened attractions.

While I have no doubt, it benenfits some folk to see the stuff online because they can't get to WDW frequently, I also think the negatives far outweigh the positives.

/agree ya i think mostly the convienence of not haveing a cam corder in ur face...
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

well, I can't agree on this one. I think there are more positives than negatives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast