• now on the mainland

Observations of WDW Pt 2

I was able to visit Animal Kingdom and MGM this past weekend, with an additional bonus of getting to meet Kevin Yee. Here are the thoughts I had when visiting these two parks:

Rockin' Roller Coaster: Wow that was fun! The start litteraly took my breath away! Definitely a reason to return to MGM.

Lights, Motors, Action: I was actually surprised that I enjoyed it. I walked away with new knowledge, therefore I was educated, and I enjoyed the stunts themselves, thus I was entertained. A good job of Edutainment, I thought. Had the show not had the learning element, I may have not been quite as impressed. After all, it's no Miami Vice Action Spectacular (does anyone else remember that stunt show?).

Everest Expedition: An enjoyable ride. It felt like a modern Matterhorn. I guess it must be very intimidating to folks, as the both the party in front of me and the party behind me were both wondering if they would be able to handle it. A lady behind me even went so far as to take a motion sickness pills. She braved it though, and seemed to have enjoyed the ride. The only thing I didn't like about this ride was the part of the queue with all the bells. Watching adults act like big kids trying to ring every bell with an obnoxious "DONG!" in my ear only depresses me about the state of society

That Safari Ride (sorry, can't remember the actual name): This was perhaps the highlight of my weekend. As I stated in Part 1, my last time at WDW was in '98, and Animal Kingdom had just opened. We were so bored with this park, that the Dinosaur ride was thought to be the best ride with my family. The safari ride was lame, and I felt like Allen Grant on the Jurassic Park tour waiting to see something and not seeing anything. This time around was totally different. Getting to see Crocs, hippos, 2 baby elephants nursing off their mother, and a pride of lions sleeping was fantastic! Perhaps my only criticism is that I wish they would do away with the whole poacher thing and put in more animals. Jay Leno's words rung through my head as I realized the ride was pretty much over, "More animals! More animals!".

Hall of Presidents: I returned to the Magic Kingdom and decided to see if they had updated Hall of Presidents since I had last been then during the Clinton years. As I sat in the pre-show area in front of the portrait of the greatest president of the 20th Century, Ronald Regan , I was actually surprised by the kids who came in and continually asked their parents where was President Bush's portrait. When they saw the bust of the President, they would get excited and take pictures. For a president who doesn't seem to popular among adults (myself included, being dissappointed from a Regan-conservative point of view), he certainly seems to be popular with the kids.

Overall, I've enjoyed visting all the parks. I'm certainly glad I have an AP, and will continue to visit on my days off.

• Banned User

Re: Observations of WDW Pt 2

no nemo show??

glad you had fun.. and your new location... close enough

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    The only thing I didn't like about this ride was the part of the queue with all the bells. Watching adults act like big kids trying to ring every bell with an obnoxious "DONG!" in my ear only depresses me about the state of society.
    Just so you know, the bells are ment to be rung. (Though not a hundred times by the same person, that's the only exception.) It's a tradition to ring the bells for good luck on your journey. Everything in Expedition Everest is very true to the Himalayan culture. Ny favorite detail is the prayer wheels flanking the stairway up into the fortress. (Which is for the Cast Members to spin on their way up, giving them good luck on their trek around the ride.) What should depress you about the state of society is people letting their kids climb all over the rocks and bamboo in the Tea garden section of the line, and people trying to rip things off the walls.

We can't have nice things.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

• World Traveler

Ca_Man_In_HI... have you thought of taking a digital camera and sharing some pictures with us?

• Head Postmaster of Random

In a lay-z boy licking stamps and slaping minions...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Ca_Man_In_HI... have you thought of taking a digital camera and sharing some pictures with us?
    i with mike wheres the picccs maaaannnnnn cmon!!!!
    "Permane Ser Sentados Por Favor"
    "Watch out for anything that ssssslliittherzzz"
    "Launch control, LV....Go ahead....All video recorders off."

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I'm glad that you have an interest concerning postal delivery, mousephreak. We've needed better mail service for some time now. Therefore, with the power vested in me it is of great delight that I dub thee, Head Post Office Dude of Random. Arrise and start licking those stamps! We're backed up, and time is money.
    If you won the lottery what would you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Buy a bunch of monkeys and have them re-enact the Civil War for my amusement.

• now on the mainland

[quote=EpcotServo;1130352]Just so you know, the bells are ment to be rung. (Though not a hundred times by the same person, that's the only exception.) It's a tradition to ring the bells for good luck on your journey. Everything in Expedition Everest is very true to the Himalayan culture. [\quote]

I understand that, and I'm not discounting that fact. It is just annoying when it is done continually and it takes 20 minutes to get through that section. When I left that section I had a headache.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mousephreak23 View Post
    i with mike wheres the picccs maaaannnnnn cmon!!!!
    Actually, I would love to post pics...however there are two factors that preclude me from posting pics. The first being that I don't have a digital camera (which of course can be fixed by purchasing one). The second one being that I don't have a way of posting the pics. I am only online at work...and uh, well...I'm not allowed to bring in cameras to the work area if you get my meaning.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CA_Man_In_HI View Post
    Actually, I would love to post pics...however there are two factors that preclude me from posting pics. The first being that I don't have a digital camera (which of course can be fixed by purchasing one). The second one being that I don't have a way of posting the pics. I am only online at work...and uh, well...I'm not allowed to bring in cameras to the work area if you get my meaning.
    darn classified level 2 area... I mean nothing..

You need a computer or something in your dorm / apartment... how would you get notified that you need to be at work if your cell is broken...

• now on the mainland

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    You need a computer or something in your dorm / apartment... how would you get notified that you need to be at work if your cell is broken...
    That's why they gave us a LAN line