• Innoventions replacing the Communicores east and west

1 1.82%
  • The lack of any new attractions or land pavilions in the World Showcase

7 12.73%
  • Honey I shrunk The Audience

3 5.45%
  • The Imagination Pavilion

0 0%
  • Replacing Classic pavilions & attractions(i.e. Horizons, World Of Motion, Kitchen Kabret)

3 5.45%
  • Loss of focus or direction of Future World 9some agree on this point others do not)

5 9.09%
  • Other (describe)

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Married and happy again!!

What one thing bugs you most about Epcot

Ok I know all of us have made many complaints of things of what's wrong with Epcot. I and making a list of some of the most common complaints made. I would like to see what one bugs everyone the most.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: What one thing bugs you most about Epcot

That it's not on the West Coast.

I personaly voted for the hand and wand . While some of the other options I listed bug me this hidious "addition" has bugged me from day one (no I did not even like it when it had 2000 and was for the Millenium Celebration). I ruins the very view I remember (Epcot was the first of the WDW parks I visited, I hadn't gone to WDW till 83'). I cherished the sight of Spaceship Earth it just drew me in and made me wonder what the park had instore for me (hint I wasn't disapointed).
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Wand, most definitely. Horizons is more sad than annoying, although the Horizons/MS story is hardly Peoplemover/RocketRods in it's heinousness.

The tents provide much-needed shade and the marble statues give an interesting frame to Spaceship Earth. I've never seen Epcot before either but there wasn't any obvious "gee there used to be something better here" feeling about either of them.

• I was deleted.

I really would like to vote for so many of the options and I really only know Ep-ity-cot in the current state that it is.

As for what MissChristine said - YES! I love Disneyland but when I went last May I was missing a few things, mainly Ep-ity-cot.

• Delawarean Girl

I think maybe for the "other"; that it always seem hotter then the other parks? Have any of you noticed that?

• Jambo!

Ah, Epcot... my favorite park, both past and present. The Wand has to go though, I somewhat understood it for the Millinium Celebration back when it said 2000, but now it has overstayed its welcome like a bad house guest. Also Journey into Your Imagination has to go, I love Figment more tha almost any character, but if he isn't with Dreamfinder then it just seems wrong. Now the addition of countries (or lack thereof) is kind of a double sided sword because each pavilion has the same amount of square footage, so to add to the World Showcase you would have to take away something else. In some places this could probably be done, most might point at El Rio de Tiempo, though severely outdated i've heard rumblings of a major refurb for it, besides it would take away from the serene setting that I believe is the most well layed out of the Pavilions. I miss Horizond, World of Motion, and even good old Captain EO, but times they are a changin'. Future World was too difficult to keep up to date so it has now become more of a Discoveryland kind of place. Many feel the addition of Nemo at the Livings Seas was a mistake, but I feel it blends in pretty well with a pavilion that was in desperate need of attention and now it seems to have been given new life. All in all, I miss The Epcot Center, but I'm willing to embrace the new Epcot... just not the wand.

• It was not ME

I wish the wand would go. I do miss some of the old things of Epcot, but all in all most of the newer attractions are pretty good, but there is one or two that you have to ask what were they think.

• World Traveler

The wand has got to go. It's like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa. (I think they did that in Pinocchio.)

• Banned User

Well said Mikey, as I too want to see that hideous wand down for good. In fact, the whole overlay for the Millenium Celebration should go, including the wand and the purple canopy over Future World, including the Pin Station, which has overstated it's welcome by 3 yrs and counting.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

A strong for for (or against?) the hand and wand. A big giant mistake that must go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Now the addition of countries (or lack thereof) is kind of a double sided sword because each pavilion has the same amount of square footage, so to add to the World Showcase you would have to take away something else.
    Not exactly. If you look at a sky shot, there are quite a few areas where new pavilions could be easily placed without impinging on the surrounding countries. I think it's more a matter of corporate/country sponsorship. Disney isn't going to foot the bill itself, even though it could easily.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Loss of focus - and I think the wand is a large (and ugly) symptom of this loss of focus.

To me, at least, EPCOT was Walt Disney magic without Disney branding.

It did not rely on tie-ins to famous characters or symbols, but instead stood on its own merits (being on the WDW resort property of course helps). MGM and to a less extent AK are still "Disney" parks - you get that Disney character feel as soon as you entered.

EPCOT was different. It was immersion, it was themeing, it was dare I say innovation. Now its got a big honking arm of mickey over it. It used to be so differnt - here was a park that did not have "mascots" - most other major theme parks bombard you with their mascots - be it Bugs Bunny and friends, Sesame Street Characters, Disney Characters, or Marvel Super Heros - EPCOT did not. Now it's slowly creeping in. I know it was allways a commerical endevor, but it did not seem commerical (let me have my delusions) but now I don't know - I get that commerical feeling lately.

-dave

• Banned User

I'd love to hear others' opinions about MGM's Pin shop Hat from HELL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I'd love to hear others' opinions about MGM's Pin shop Hat from HELL!!!!
    I would love to see it stuck up the same collective a-- as the hand and wand.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover View Post
    I would love to see it stuck up the same collective a-- as the hand and wand.
    Let's not get kinky now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast