Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Last edited by Pirate Wench; 04-26-2005 at 07:40 PM.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Arrow

i really like this thread, but after reading it I realized that this really needs a poll on it to help people come to a conclusion on how the majority of the people on this thread tend to travel to WDW.

Hey mods...Can you place a poll on this thread?
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    October.

Avoid August like the plague.

Hot. Hot! HOT!

I TOTALLY agree

We went 1st week of Aug in '03. Never again. The rain, The Crowds, The Heat Oh My!

My best friend went during Oct. and said it was Fabulous! Great weather, warm crowds and her daughters loved the Halloween Party.

I've been in May and it wasn't bad at all, crowd and heat wise.

I'd like to go in Nov. or Dec. next year, we'll see though, because of the kids and school it will probably be early June

My friends that live near there say the weather is best between Oct-Feb.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. but i've read so many different suggestions that i'm kind of torn. i'm leaning towards beginning to mid october.

while we're on the subject, let me ask about lodging. i want to stay on property but don't want to spend an arm and a leg so i was looking at the econemy motels (pop century...etc) and was wondering what everyone thought. we'd only being doing disney during our stay so i figure we'd stay on property to avoid renting a car.

thanks again for all the suggestions!

We stayed at the All Star Movies and disliked it so much we moved after two nights to Caribbean Beach which we LOVED.

BUT, there are alot of people that have no problems with the Value resorts it all comes down to personal preference.

Go to www.mousesavers.com for great discount information and www.allearsnet.com for room pictures so help find a hotel that interests you.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• EPCOT 1982

After living in Orlando for the past 18 years, I would have to say the best weather month is late February through the beginning of April. Warm days, cool nights, and no humidity! The only thing to remember about visiting the parks is check when Spring Breaks are being held throughout the east coast. Florida schools are out March 21-25 this year so avoid the parks at all costs during these dates!
    I have to agree with the other comments that anytime after Thanksgiving to December 20 is always a great time to visit. șoș

• Old Timer

My family and I rented a house from Orlandovillas.com for a four week stay last year all of january, crowds were unusually heavy of vacationers from south america, a lot of days barely went above 70 degrees, hardly any rain, Blizzard beach was open with usually less than 2000 people, no waits for anything.
    Two years prior (2001) we went the first two weeks of dec, beautiful weather, dry, no bugs, holiday decorations and events just starting also low to moderate crowds though during the weekday noticeably quieter, again we rented a vacation home that time from Familiesfirst.com, will do that again especially since we always stay for at least two weeks, much more privacy, better deal for the money, our own pool etc. We are from Alaska and any temps over 75 is very bad for us :o

I would say early december wins, time it right and you can visit both waterparks or even better yet buy an AP or PAP and come back the next year a week or two before it expires and use it again!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• Banned User

WDW's off season is mid aug - right before Thanks giving... thats the ideal time to go to the parks and not worry about long lines.. (Unless labor day... then avoid..)

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    On the contrary, late August/early September is ideal. You get used to breathing liquid oxygen in just a few days, and it only takes a few hours till you form a protective sweat-shield over every inch of your skin to wall you off from the air that's hotter than your body temperature.
    I oh so most strongly disagree with you here, Spaceman. Hot is hot, and Orlando in the summer is so frackin hot and humid as to be totally unenjoyable. If I were visiting for the first and only time, then it's better to go then than not at all. But that heat and humidity just saps all the energy out of me. By late morning I'm totally dragging, and I then blow a large part of the day cowering in my hotel room's A/C. Even after the sun goes down, the temps are still up in the 90's, and you're hot and drippy right up to the second that you get back to your hotel. Not at all fun, and to be avoided if at all possible.

OTOH, early December is wonderful. Cool temps, low crowds, great Christmas activities. Another good time is October thru mid-November, during Epcot's Food and Wine Festival. And from February thru May (with the exception of Easter week and whenever spring breaks fall) is pretty nice, gradually getting warmer and more crowded. June thru September - stay away!!!

• Banned User

Yuo know what... Now that i think about it.. the best time to go is from nov 1 to before thanksgiving.. no chance of a hurricaine..... and it is cold.... hehe from jan through right before spring break is good too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12