Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Best weather for WDW

I want to plan a trip to WDW in the last half of 2006. Wanted to know when is the best weather to go?? best crowds??

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I would have to say late Nov/early Dec. The Christmas lights are wonderful and there isn't a huge crowd. You also get to see the Candlelight Processional, which is AWESOME!!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyKyle
    I would have to say late Nov/early Dec. The Christmas lights are wonderful and there isn't a huge crowd. You also get to see the Candlelight Processional, which is AWESOME!!!!!!
    Thanks Kyle. The crowds wouldn't be thick because of the thanksgiving/christmas season? how is the weather like that time of year?

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

If you go around that time there are not as many crowds because of the Thanksgiving/Christmas pause in attendance. I go at this time every year. It is usually longpants and MAYBE light jacket weather. Although sometimes it can get pretty cool sitting, waiting on the parades and fireworks displays!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• e komo mai

October.

Avoid August like the plague.

Hot. Hot! HOT!

• Senior Minion

I heard October is best, also because some kids are in School .
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

That depends on your opinion of weather... I LOVE hot weather... the hotter the better. Somehow it just doesn't seem like Disney World unless I'm sweatin' buckets... haha!

They always say the best times to go are the first couple weeks of December... and it's also pretty to see the Christmas decorations up, without the hassle of the Christmas crowds... (DON'T GO BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!!!)

I went down in May for the first time this past year, and it was perfect. It wasn't very crowded... and the temperature was only in the 80's... and they skies were blue every day... just absolutely perfect!

Here is a pretty decent breakdown of all the months and their corrosponding weather/crowd levels.

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    Avoid August like the plague.
    On the contrary, late August/early September is ideal. You get used to breathing liquid oxygen in just a few days, and it only takes a few hours till you form a protective sweat-shield over every inch of your skin to wall you off from the air that's hotter than your body temperature.

But the crowds thin a bit just as operating hours are reduced at the end of summer and - much more importantly - this is the prime season for thunderstorms! The drama of the Florida skies on days when it storms is worth dealing with the high humidity and temperatures. You have artist's- rendering clouds during the day, making everything as beautiful as a painting ... and in the late afternoon, wild thunder and lightning that challenges credulity. Electrical displays that rival the fireworks. After that, dazzling rainbows and wonderful twilights.

Best time to visit WaltDisneyWorld.

• Disney World Aficionados

As a family that visits at least 2x a month, I will say that we think the best time to go is either right after Thanksgiving or right after New years. It's cool, and there is hardly any crowds.
    The Disney Diva and Factual Al

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rainfully
    That depends on your opinion of weather... I LOVE hot weather... the hotter the better. Somehow it just doesn't seem like Disney World unless I'm sweatin' buckets... haha!

They always say the best times to go are the first couple weeks of December... and it's also pretty to see the Christmas decorations up, without the hassle of the Christmas crowds... (DON'T GO BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS!!!)

I went down in May for the first time this past year, and it was perfect. It wasn't very crowded... and the temperature was only in the 80's... and they skies were blue every day... just absolutely perfect!

Here is a pretty decent breakdown of all the months and their corrosponding weather/crowd levels.
    Rainfully, Thanks for the link, Does october Also see a lack of special effects on some rides like DL does in off seasons?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• It's all nonsense

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. but i've read so many different suggestions that i'm kind of torn. i'm leaning towards beginning to mid october.

while we're on the subject, let me ask about lodging. i want to stay on property but don't want to spend an arm and a leg so i was looking at the econemy motels (pop century...etc) and was wondering what everyone thought. we'd only being doing disney during our stay so i figure we'd stay on property to avoid renting a car.

thanks again for all the suggestions!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    On the contrary, late August/early September is ideal. You get used to breathing liquid oxygen in just a few days, and it only takes a few hours till you form a protective sweat-shield over every inch of your skin to wall you off from the air that's hotter than your body temperature.

But the crowds thin a bit just as operating hours are reduced at the end of summer and - much more importantly - this is the prime season for thunderstorms! The drama of the Florida skies on days when it storms is worth dealing with the high humidity and temperatures. You have artist's- rendering clouds during the day, making everything as beautiful as a painting ... and in the late afternoon, wild thunder and lightning that challenges credulity. Electrical displays that rival the fireworks. After that, dazzling rainbows and wonderful twilights.

Best time to visit WaltDisneyWorld.
    O2H20?

• It's all nonsense

~bump~

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    while we're on the subject, let me ask about lodging. i want to stay on property but don't want to spend an arm and a leg so i was looking at the econemy motels (pop century...etc) and was wondering what everyone thought. we'd only being doing disney during our stay so i figure we'd stay on property to avoid renting a car.

thanks again for all the suggestions!
    A lot of people don't like the Value resorts for whatever reason, but they're great if you're on a budget! Just don't go into it expecting first class service. But I think they're very cool. That's another thing to consider... different times of the year mean different rates for rooms. Here is this years rate calendar from cheapest to most expensive:

Value Season: 1/1 - 2/16, 8/28 - 10/4, 11/27 - 12/19
    Regular Season: 4/17 - 8/27, 10/5 - 11/26
    Peak Season: 2/17 - 4/16
    Holiday Season: 12/20 - 12/31

For Value resorts, it's $77 a night for Value, $99 for Regular, $109 for Peak and $119 for Holiday.

As you can see, the price per night really jumps between Value and Regular times, so if you were going in October you might want to go that first week to save as much money as you can.

Hope this helps a little!

• Stitch to the Rescue

Late Oct/Early Nov is the best time to go. The weather is cooler and and the chances of rain are dropped. Stay away during Late Nov-Early Jan. The crowds are bigger.

Sean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast