Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

TOT: which one is better?

To anyone in the know: I know the DCA TOT looks pretty ugly on the outside compared to its Florida sibling, but my question is how do the rides compare? Is the California one smoother on occount of being newer, and does that make a difference? Are any differences in the ride itself? I have ridden neither, but am likely to visit Anaheim later in 2007 (after the subs are up and running!) - should the DCA version be my first TOT experience, or should I save that for Florida? Thanks in advance.

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Re: TOT: which one is better?

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    To anyone in the know: I know the DCA TOT looks pretty ugly on the outside compared to its Florida sibling, but my question is how do the rides compare? Is the California one smoother on occount of being newer, and does that make a difference? Are any differences in the ride itself? I have ridden neither, but am likely to visit Anaheim later in 2007 (after the subs are up and running!) - should the DCA version be my first TOT experience, or should I save that for Florida? Thanks in advance.
    We have done this one to death...

I don't understand why poeple bash one or the other, they are both good in their own way.

Note: the DCA ToT is not ugly, it's just very Deco. You may not like deco.

DCA version does not have the 5th demension room (which never made sense to me. We are supposed to be in an episode of TZ, so we are already supposed to be in the 5th demension.)

DCA does have random drops... yet. there is a mirror trick.

It just depends on what you are wanting.

I think the Flordia version displays better themeing on the inside and out, which gives it the edge. But I agree, this has been done to death.

• The Ghost Poster.

There are probably milion of threads like this with tons of arguing. But I'll just state my opinion.

I once went on the TOT in MGM, I usually only go to DCA's since it's closer. TOT is much better though (My opinion of course,). It has more of an immersion of the twilight zone. With DCA, I didn't understand the point. You got into an elevator and dropped. Woo hoo. There wasn't really much of a point to me in DCA's. I thought MGM's was more explained and understood better.

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boo! View Post
    There are probably milion of threads like this with tons of arguing. But I'll just state my opinion.

I once went on the TOT in MGM, I usually only go to DCA's since it's closer. TOT is much better though (My opinion of course,). It has more of an immersion of the twilight zone. With DCA, I didn't understand the point. You got into an elevator and dropped. Woo hoo. There wasn't really much of a point to me in DCA's. I thought MGM's was more explained and understood better.
    Question: total immersion of the Twilight zone? Are you talking about the 5th demension room?

I'm only asking since if you mean that, if this is supposed to be an episode of TZ then that room seems a bit of a drag. You are supposed to be in the episode as you enter the queue.

but I digress...

again what ever is your cup of tea, research it on other sites:

ToT.org

Service Elevator

opinons are biased no matter what.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

TDS's rules both of them and it will still rule when DLP opens their's.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    TDS's rules both of them and it will still rule when DLP opens their's.
    Woot! You want a total immersion version of the tower, then the Tokyo tower is the best. While not good on thrills, and not based on TZ it is just wonderful visual wise.

I want a Shiriki Utundu.

• Minion

My intention was not to bash either tower, just to help me decide which one to go to. If there have been other threads, I apologize, but you will note that I am still a little new here. And, I honestly didn't think anyone would find the DCA version attractive on the outside ...but I suppose the world is full of diverse opinions. I do agree the Tokyo one is probably the best, but I won't be going there anytime soon, so it is of no concern to me (not to mention, my knowledge of Japanese is more limited than my knowledge of old TOT threads).

the second star to the right and straight on 'till morning

The WDW is without a doubt better. it may be older but it has better theming inside and the drop is better. Disneyland may be newer and the mirror effect thing is cool but the random drops are annoying!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    My intention was not to bash either tower, just to help me decide which one to go to. If there have been other threads, I apologize, but you will note that I am still a little new here. And, I honestly didn't think anyone would find the DCA version attractive on the outside ...but I suppose the world is full of diverse opinions. I do agree the Tokyo one is probably the best, but I won't be going there anytime soon, so it is of no concern to me (not to mention, my knowledge of Japanese is more limited than my knowledge of old TOT threads).
    i know it wasn't a bash thread, but things like this do become bashing threads.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duhduhkid View Post
    The WDW is without a doubt better. it may be older but it has better theming inside and the drop is better. Disneyland may be newer and the mirror effect thing is cool but the random drops are annoying!
    DCA doesn't have random drops.

• Shablagoo!

I prefer the florida version for the differences in drop profiles. To me that's the only really important difference. I like the looks of both towers and they each have an effect that is neat (mirror in DCA, 5th dimension room in MGM) so they are equal to me until the drop. Its the same every time in DCA, but I am sure that when they are ready they can program it to be more like the one on MGM and my main complaint will be gone. When it comes right down to it I like whichever one I am at.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Melonballer View Post
    I prefer the florida version for the differences in drop profiles. To me that's the only really important difference. I like the looks of both towers and they each have an effect that is neat (mirror in DCA, 5th dimension room in MGM) so they are equal to me until the drop. Its the same every time in DCA, but I am sure that when they are ready they can program it to be more like the one on MGM and my main complaint will be gone. When it comes right down to it I like whichever one I am at.
    I've heard the random drop profile should come out sometime next year.

As for decoration, DCA's version is nice, but they needed more of a garden. MGM's garden is awesome.

As for the ride itself, well, I've read on a lot of sites where the Imagineers weren't too happy with MGM's version compared to DCA's. I don't have an opinion because I have never ridden MGM's though.

You also have to factor in that DCA's budget for the attraction was far less than all the rest of the ToT's out there.

But as for theming and everything else, basically TDS ToT is the best.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Well my opinion is they are both good, I didn't even realize they were themed differently . I think WDW has a better queue line with the gardens out front and such, but I guess I'm not as big a fan of the fifth dimension room. WDW has the better drop profiles, but DL has a suprise or two I won't say anything about, but I do love how it intros into the story by pulling you back away from the loading door.

• Banned User

WDW's is better because you go out "on a track". I saw it on travel channel once.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast