WDW in June.......any tips?

My best friend and I are planning to go to WDW in June 2007. It will be his first time and it will be my first trip as an adult. We're planning on staying on-site for seven days. I have some questions:

- How's the crowds/weather?
    - We're prepared to splurge a bit. Any suggestions on hotels? Are the packages (with dining plan) worth it?
    - Can anyone explain the ticketing scheme?
    - How's the nightlife outside of the theme parks?
    - I would appreciate any other tips you guys may have!

Thanks!!!!!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• I was deleted.

Re: WDW in June.......any tips?

The crowds are pretty reasonable except for the first weekend, as Gay Days attracts quite the crowd.

I haven't done the dining plan, but if you are planning on staying on property getting a package of tickets, hotel and dining is usually the best bet.

Pleasure Island would be WDW's main "night life" and that's okay, it's best on weekends and thursdays it traditionally has a lot of Cast Members there.

As for the ticketing "scheme" I guess you are asking about the Magic Your Way tickets. Before with the tickets you bought it based upon days and not always bonus options. Now, you pay for what you use and don't pay for what you don't use.

First you buy a Base Ticket.

Base Ticket. 1 park / day.

Then you add on the Park Hopper Option.

Park Hopper Option for more than 1 park / day for $38.

Then you can add on the Water Parks & More Option.

Water Parks & More Option for entries into smaller parks (amount depends upon number of days)
    - Blizzard Beach Water Park
    - Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
    - Pleasure Island at Downtown Disney
    - Disney Quest at Downtown Disney
    - Disney's Wild World of Sports Complex

Then you can add on the Non-Expiration Option.

Non-Expiration Option makes the days and options not expire until all days or options are used. If this option isn't purchased, days/options will expire within 14 days of first use (not original purchase date.)

Not all of the options need to be purchased. The most popular is the Park Hopper and for longer vacations/spring & summer vacations the Water Parks & More Option is added quite often as well. The ticket prices between 4, 5, 6, and 7 days only goes about $1/day for the Base Ticket + Park Hopper Option. The best deal would be to purchase a 7 day ticket or 10 day ticket (online) and add on the Non-Expiration Option.

That's about it. There are multiple threads in this area's history that give great tips regarding travel, hotels, and dining. Feel free to search or ask more specific questions and I will dig some up for you.

• Jambo!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvdisney01 View Post
    My best friend and I are planning to go to WDW in June 2007. It will be his first time and it will be my first trip as an adult. We're planning on staying on-site for seven days. I have some questions:

- How's the crowds/weather?
    - We're prepared to splurge a bit. Any suggestions on hotels? Are the packages (with dining plan) worth it?
    - Can anyone explain the ticketing scheme?
    - How's the nightlife outside of the theme parks?
    - I would appreciate any other tips you guys may have!

Thanks!!!!!
    Well, its gonna be fairly crowded becuase its the peak season, but if have at least a fairly decent game plan on what you want to see and use the fastpass system to your advantage, you should be ok. Weather that time of year is very unpredictable, usually fairly hot and humd with a guarantee that it will rain at least once during your stay (it is hurricane season).

if youre willing to spend some money, I would suggest the resorts on the monorail line (the Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and Polynesian) simply for close proximity to Magic Kingdom and easy access to Epcot via the monorail. Not to mention I love to eat breakfast at the Polynesian. If that's not your thing, go for the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Definitely the best atmosphere of all the resorts. You should probably avoid value resorts as they are packed with families and young children that time of year and it can get kind of noisy.

The dining plan doesn't really save you money, from experience, it's mostly a convenience thing as you just pay the actual price of meals up front and they give you vouchers to use during your vacation.

See Piglet's post for Tickets

Pleasure Island is the main source of nightlife on property, and I as many others are Im sure, are huge fans of the Adventurer's Club. Filled with improv actors set in a 1930's style location, its very entertaining and I usually can spend a few hours there easily.

Since you'll be there seven days, you will have plenty of time to see a lot.. just relax, take breaks often and remember it's a vacation, no matter how many strollers run over your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    Since you'll be there seven days, you will have plenty of time to see a lot.. just relax, take breaks often and remember it's a vacation no matter how many strollers run over your feet.
    I'm a DL APer so I'm used to dodging those strollers since DL is much smaller than the WDW parks!!!!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"