• 88 mph

Best Resort for Christmas Day

My mom and I were wondering when we get there, what park is the most happening/magical day to be there on Christmas Day? My initial guess is MK, but does anyone have any experience and would like to share?

Also, is the MM Very Merry Christmas Party happening every night at MK or just a select few? Becuase we want to take advantage of the Magic Afterhours of MK but if that party happens at 7pm every night it just makes our benefits null and void?

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Best Resort for Christmas Day

MVMC ends on the 22nd.

MK is naturally very magical but won't be doing anything too out of the ordinary for the season, I'd imagine. Of course MK's Christmastime is nowhere near as special as DL's where they have all the overlays and stuff. So if you're coming in expecting something like what you find at DL, you'll probably be disappointed unless you attend MVMC and even then it's still not that close.

Epcot might be a good bet. They have a whole holidays of the world thing with storytelling and a tree-lighting ceremony each night at 6PM. The 24th and the 26th will have the candlelight processional, but there's none scheduled on the 25th.

MGM has the lights, and DAK is probably your worst bet.

In general, while the park really ramps up for Christmas, once it actually hits it doesn't really celebrate as much as it did the weeks before. I mean, a lot of CMs and guests alike are home.

• Banned User

MK has the christmas party entertainment during the day starting the 23rd i believe. so they should have the holiday wishes fireworks and whatever holiday shows they do for the party. to me of all the parks, epcot does it up the best for the holidays between the storytellers, and the tree lighting and candelight processional, it's really fun.

• 88 mph

Ah okay cool, so in summary, it doesn't really matter what park I go to on Christmas day and what park i go to on like Christmass Eve? That puts off some pressure becuase my mom wants to make sure we don't miss anything special.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

Oh, huh, it does indeed look like they do candlelight each night, including the 25th.

No, the differences between Christmas Eve and Day will be minimal at most.I would say the most Christmas cheer is at Epcot between holidays around the world (storytellers and holiday lights at World Showcase), the tree lighting, candlelight (live orchestra and choir with celebrity narrator) followed by IllumiNations with special holiday additions at night.

I would do the Osborne lights at MGM on one night and do the Epcot stuff the other day if you can help it. I have no idea whether the evening of Christmas Eve or Christmas Day would be busier at Epcot. I'm guessing Day since most people see Christmas on the calendar as Dec 25.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    I would do the Osborne lights at MGM on one night
    OMG, I almost forgot about that. Wow that was really cool to see. Just being there and seeing it snow is just wonderful.
    http://www.buriedriches.com

http://playitontheweb.com

Miss Ec

1997 - Cosmic Rays Cafe - MK
    1998 - PDC 2000 - MK
    1999- Electric Umbrella - Epcot
    1999-Flyte Team Futrure World - Epcot
    2000- All Star Movies - Food Court

• 88 mph

So since they do the Osborne lights every night from when im going 23-30th, i can safely say that i can go to any resort i want to on christmas day and not miss out on anything spectacular?

-Adidas

Yup. The Christmas events don't change from night to night, the only thing that might change is which B-list celebrity is narrator at candlelight that evening.