Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club AP/DVC Preview Dates

Just another review of the preview...

Thanks to a little bluebird, DH and I and a few other friends got to see a sneak preview of Laugh Floor Comedy Club in the MK. We were told there were going to do a preview on Friday at noon, so we met up outside the attraction at noon casually waiting for them to call us in. We got in! I can see some potential for this attraction, but right now it really needs some work. The jokes weren't necessarily funny and the pacing was off. DH noticed the animation seemed to stick at times. Mike Wazowski would be talking and his character would be still. I think that was the consensus for everyone in our group. And if they mix up the jokes a bit, it'll have a high repeat value. One member of our group from Canada saw it three times. He informed us the jokes were exactly the same in each preview except for the audience jokes. I have to wonder if the other test audiences were amused. You can contribute jokes in the queue that they may use in the show. You can also text a joke to Roz.

I've also heard that previews are being pushed back until Spring 2007 now.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Just a couple of FYIs ... anotherDisneysiteIposton.com is reporting that the attraction's opening has been pushed back to the Spring, which would be very embarrassing as Disney is holding a media junket 1/24-1/26 to officially open Monsters as well as the Nemo show and Epcot ride.

Also, some Pixar bigwigs were at the park late Sunday night ... you should have seen the security and I've been told John Lasseter was amongst them, but I don't have confirmation on this. But clearly, something was going down.

• Banned User

more money for a better show maybe??

• Banned User

I doubt it probably just checking it out to see what's up.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I doubt it probably just checking it out to see what's up.
    I disagree. On Monday night, I was also told that Lasseter and some of his Pixar pals were in MK on Sunday night, and that lots of security types were in the neighborhood of Laughing Floor. So what WDW1974 is reporting sounds familiar. Then on Wednesday, several Disney fan sites reported that the opening was being pushed back.

Coincidence? Lasseter spotted in MK on Sunday night? Then Laugh Floor's delayed opening leaks out a few days later?

I don't think so.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Just a couple of FYIs ... anotherDisneysiteIposton.com is reporting that the attraction's opening has been pushed back to the Spring, which would be very embarrassing as Disney is holding a media junket 1/24-1/26 to officially open Monsters as well as the Nemo show and Epcot ride.

Also, some Pixar bigwigs were at the park late Sunday night ... you should have seen the security and I've been told John Lasseter was amongst them, but I don't have confirmation on this. But clearly, something was going down.
    I hope the pixar bigwigs actually spent some time looking around the parks and saw the awful condition they are in (well except for animal kingdom).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12