Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BurningStroller
    I read on this site that the mansion just underwent extensive overnight Doombuggy refurbs...fixing the audio and such. Just took a spin on it today to see if there was a difference and the audio seemed to cut out even more. When it didnt cut out, it was as harsh and crackly as ever.

when the ghost host is supposed to say, "shhhhhh, listen". It sounds like, "SHHHFGGJEJNFJKDKSKHJPPPHHHNCRRGGHHH, listen".

(Threads Merged "HM as bad as ever" and "WDW's Haunted Mansion Finishes After-hours Rehab". - Dusty)
    I find that quite odd...

It was crystal clear in the doombuggy I was in in Early Jan.

Perhaps they haven't finished all the doombuggies yet? That's just odd.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The only part of the WDW HM that I can't stand is right at the top of the stairs, with the black light spiders and webs. It's an effect that a junior high kid might include in his garage spookhouse, way beneath Disney standards. It's as if they found a spot in the ride at the last minute that didn't have any thing going on, so they just threw some crap in there. Very bad show!

Are there any rumors about the HM being down in December 2005?

*crosses fingers that it's not because it was down last time I was there, and I'd be bitter if it was down again*

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    The only part of the WDW HM that I can't stand is right at the top of the stairs, with the black light spiders and webs. It's an effect that a junior high kid might include in his garage spookhouse, way beneath Disney standards. It's as if they found a spot in the ride at the last minute that didn't have any thing going on, so they just threw some crap in there. Very bad show!
    Yeah, that's been my one gripe about WDW's Haunted Mansion from the first time I went on it... From the point just after you pass the ghost playing the piano, it seems rather "thrown together". Like there was nothing they could think of to fit in the confined space they had. That's supposed to be a stairway you're going up after passing the piano. There's a ton of things that could be themed into that area, I'm sure. If the Imagineers can come up with little things like the Leota tombstone outside, I'm sure they could find time to design something to go in this area... Oh well, perhaps after the rumored year-long closing next year.

-Rob

• Banned User

*cough* Phantom Manor Stairway & Window *cough*

Well, that's what I'm hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I agree... the whole thing is extra cheesy. I would be funny if they were singing spiders though...

But yeah... they definitely need some improvement in that area. It does make me cringe when I see that part.

• Let me axe you something

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I'm afraid I don't know if WDW's HM will get the new Disneyland-ish effects, but I'd imagine it would when the ride goes down for an entire year in 2006-2007.
    Wait, what??? Does anyone have any more info on this '06-'07 HM downtime????

• Banned User

Plans are for Pirates of the Caribbean to go down for a year in 2005-2006 (this year) and then in 2006-2007, the mansion would go down. Same thing that is going on with Small World.

Ooooh, not good! Our honeymoon is right at the end of '06 (November) and we WERE planning on going to WDW to celebrate in the Mansion (we were engaged in the DL Mansion).

• Banned User

Go to Disneyland instead I guess? If you can put up with Haunted Mansion Holiday I guess. LOL

Well, see... we were engaged at the HMH in Disneyland. We kind of wanted to round out the whole wedding thing by being at the WDW HM on our honeymoon.

• Banned User

Go to Disneyland Paris and go to Phantom Manor.

Hey... there's an idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12