Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Superstar TV and Monster Sound Show

It was only just recently that I found out these shows were gone. What a disappointment. SuperStar Television was fantastic. My fellow DL cast member buddy got to be in the show when we were there, and it was great fun.

The Monster Sound Show was also good, but as was mentioned, I think my favorite part was the sound-based activites at the end of the show. I believe this is where Disney first tried out on guests the binaural sound techniques they later applied to Mr. Lincoln in DL and on Alien Encounter/Stitch at MK (neither of which I have experienced).

(This next comment may be better suited for another thread[??] but here goes, anyway...)

It is really disheartening to hear about all the attractions I loved at WDW that are now extinct. It is a shame. In fact, just the other day, we were watching the videotapes of my last trip to WDW (from back in the early 90's, when I was single). My 7-year old was really getting into them, asking me questions about what was happening to us in the Body Wars ride like 'what direction are you moving in?' and 'how fast do you seem to be going?' and so on. He was busting up laughing at the pre-show for Cranium Command, and he loved the main part of that show. Then he was saying how he couldn't wait to see those attractions in person--how fun it will be. It was difficult to tell him that those rides would probably not be there when we go. Then he started crying--and we're talking a serious, 'crocodile-tears' cry. Between outbursts, he asked me why are they taking them out. I couldn't give him an answer other than people didn't seem to be going on them or didn't like them. Through his tears he told me, "but *I* like them!" ...What's a father to do?

And I, myself, wonder... "what happened?" Wonders of Life was the brand new pavilion when I was last there. I loved the whole thing.. and still do. If I had been able to get to Florida in the past several years, we would have hit each of these attractions many times to aid in the turnstile clicks. Am I weird for liking these attractions? Why did they decline in popularity? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

And while we are (or rather *I* am) on the subject of 'how did this happen?' -- how is it that WDW's Mr. Toad was taken out? At DL, Mr. Toad usually has very long line. Disney recognized its popularity and when the MK version was built in FL, made it twice as big (two sides)... it was also popular every time I went to MK (three Florida trips over a decade)... so why did they take out such a popular attraction? (I guess you see where my son gets it!)

Anyway.. sorry to rant and go off topic. These attractions are sorely missed.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Schda
    My father got called in for the three stooges part of the Superstar TV, they had asked all the men in the room standing next to a beautiful woman to raise their hands. He didn't, so when they then asked for people who didn't raise their hands, my mom and aunt promptly pointed him out. Now occasionally I like to pick on my father as he likes to play jokes on people and sometimes is a bit serious and proper. Here his line was to walk out and say "Gentlemen, Please!" in the middle of a pie fight. Well we all know what happens next, pie in the face!
    The last time I was there when it was open, that's exactly what I had to do.

It was kinda scary....

After it happened, they brought me out to the front, said a few things, and they asked, "How does it taste?" I hadn't tasted it, so I licked a bit right there and as I was about to say "Very sweet," they rushed to stop me from licking it! I started feeling a little sick after that kind of reaction!

I got a free pie at the ABC Commissary because of it, though.
    -Tim

I used to love both of these attractions. I got to do all 4 positions (or was it maybe 5?) in MSS - my favorite was the center position where you got the recreate Martin Short's voice as well as add the explosions/screams. I got selected for Superstar twice - I got the pie in the face from The Three Stooges and was a cop on The Golden Girls. My mom even got picked once - she did the I Love Lucy chocolate scene and was hilarious!

• Huh?

For the record.... Doug Live was the only attraction I've ever fell asleep during.
    -Tim

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    PLEASE BRING THESE TWO ATTRACTIONS BACK!!! It couldn't possibly cost that much to brin them back to life. Update Superstar Television with GMA, LOST, Desperate Housewives, All My Children, etc.
    I think it would be even better at Disney's California Adventure, awhile back I made a suggestion about it returning with the Touchstone lineup, with the newer shows Desperate Housewifes, Lost, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy, Monk (if they still produce it, because in the ending credits it says Touchstone), and they could use some of the older shows that they produced, And return it to MGM. With some hard work and good adverstisement in the park, Superstar TV could return..

• Banned User

I am not that hopeful these shows will be back at all. Ever.

• Banned User

Those two theaters have enormous potential... Not just as theaters, but as a ride as well! There is enough room there for, well, some cool stuff.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I was in Superstar TV bacin in 1993. I was in the Cheers scene. I was even interviewed backstage before the show. Good times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12