Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Construction Walls are Up

New construction walls were put up at Disney-MGM Studios along Mickey Avenue in front of Stage Two and Stage Three (The former Who Wants to be a Millionaire-Play It! location. The walls extend halfway into the "street" area just beyoond the street lamps. The Christmas decorations on those lamps have also been removed. This happened this past Saturday night as the walls were already up Sunday Morning. The only signage states that "We are Gearing up for a New Production".

• Banned User

Re: New Construction Walls are Up

Yes, that Midway Mania ride is coming to MGM and is already in progress as well at DCA. At least, that is what I have heard...

• Mouse Extra Dave

It did seem to take quite some time to begin this construction. I mean Millionaire closed months ago.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• Banned User

took them long enough to want to play with the old queue.. from whats been reported they have been messing with electrical and plumbing.. as well as the sound stage portion itself.. i was wondering when the next "imagineers at play" walls would go up so they could play with the glass wall / queue area itself.

• Vehicle rotating backward

So then where are they talking about moving the High School Musical thing to? It's supposed to leave Tomorrowland at the start of next year.

• Banned User

current rumors say... you know that DCA parade float.... cloned... mgm

• Banned User

Construction has been ongoing since the day Millionaire moved out. The walls just went up Sat night, but the new ride is well underway.

• Yes?

This is the first I've heard of this Midway Mania ride as TDLFan said. Can anyone shed some light for me? What is it, who is it about, what is it about? I'm a little clueless here...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by dbm20th View Post
    It did seem to take quite some time to begin this construction. I mean Millionaire closed months ago.
    Well at least visible construction. There's no use blocking the paths and such until needed.

Blog Entries

Midway Mania is the working title for DCA, i'm really hoping that's not ours as it wouldn't really fit into our theme. All that's really been reported has come from Al Lutz about the DCA version. Basically each of the main characters of Toy Story will host their own midway type game. It will be similar to Buzz Lightyear in that the riders will use a device to shoot, use a flashlight, or something like that. But instead of shooting at things you'll use the light to illuminate things and open portions of the game that weren't there before or something like that. The actual ride is still a bit hazy from what I understand.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Well at least visible construction. There's no use blocking the paths and such until needed.
    Well put Miss Piglet!

In fact, she doesn't know how right she is. lol Well, maybe she does. Err...

Just imagine that the whole building has already been gutted out and new foundation prep work is underway.

• It was not ME

Captsmith is right, MouseSurplus has had Millionaire stuff for at lest three months now, so that says that the building has been empty of the prop for at lest that long.

• Mouse Extra Dave

People make a comparison to Buzz, but that doesn't really do it justice. There is a lot more to the concept and technology then what is offered at Buzz.
    "You are not the first to pass this way..."
    Mouse Extra
    feeding the Disney addiction daily
    http://www.mouseextra.com/

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    Well put Miss Piglet!

In fact, she doesn't know how right she is. lol Well, maybe she does. Err...

Just imagine that the whole building has already been gutted out and new foundation prep work is underway.
    For once my little pea-brain is right ... especially according to YOU? Pretty sure that's a first. Anyway, who wants to look at an ugly wall for a long period of time and block paths, especially during the crazy Super Soap weekend!

Overall this is exciting news. I can't wait to hear the next "chapter" of the attraction.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, this is so exciting, ducklings!! For once we all get to watch a race on the sidelines--between DCA and Disney M-G-M--to see which park will open its version of Midway Mania first!! Since Disney M-G-M already has a building in place, they've got a head start and I predict the Floridian ducks will have first chance to ride this new attraction.

ORDDU: Still one never knows for sure which park will be the first to premier this new ride. As Orwen says, the race is on!!

ORGOCH: Wanna' start takin' bets right now? Winners git ta go home with a mess a frog legs. Losers goes home with my Trampy sister, Orddu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast