• It's all nonsense

Dining Planning Tips

We're going to try and go to WDW the first week of November in 2007. I'm leaning towards getting the dining plan and have heard that you usually need to make reservations to get a seat sometimes.
    My question is how does someone who doesn't really know the places to eat and such make advanced reservations? It seems like a daunting task and was curious what others experiences have been. Thanks!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Re: Dining Planning Tips

I use www.allearsnet.com to go through the menus of places. Between that and restaurants that I choose by recommendations from others is how we made all our ADR's
    Last edited by dsnylndmom; 12-11-2006 at 09:26 AM.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Former CM

Check out the menus at allearsnet.com. Lots of info on the menus can be found there.

• It's all nonsense

Thanks for the info!
    So is it safe to say that I should make all of our dining reservations before we leave?

• Directly directed

It doesn't hurt. I recommend Tony's. Its a fun place to eat and it's never been crowded when i've been there

• xmanmom

I would definitely make reservations as soon as possible (180 days out) because when we were there we had made reservations but we heard many people getting turned away who had not and the poor concierge at our hotel was inundated with angry people trying to get last minute ressies.

Besides AllEarsNet, I used the User Reviews at MousePlanet, the forums at DisBoards and the Unofficial Guide to plan my meals. If you are interested you can read my trip report where I talk about all of my meals and have pictures for many of them as well.

Good luck, it's actually kind of fun planning out all the yummy places you get to eat. I found that it added anticipation to my trip.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaboo View Post
    I would definitely make reservations as soon as possible (180 days out) because when we were there we had made reservations but we heard many people getting turned away who had not and the poor concierge at our hotel was inundated with angry people trying to get last minute ressies.
    Yes and call often if you don't get it at first! People will change their minds as that is what I did and my co-workers have done as well.

Also, check out Kevin Yee's new book about WDW Dining. Here's the thread about it: WDW Menu Book now published.

• Lonestar Louisianian

I would say that it all depends on when you go. You said Nov. 2007. I've heard tell that the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas can be pretty crowd heavy thus reducing your chances of finding same day ressies or walk-in availability.
    But with all of the vast resources already mentioned in this thread, it's probably better to be safe and make some advanced ressies. You can always cancel them if you change your mind and/or if you are able to get ressies at a different place while on-site.