Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: First Trip to WDW

thank heavens. I think that is because the restaurants weren't making any money on the dining plan so the opted out of this years. I mean how can you make money on a meal that normally costs more than what you pay for an entire day? you can't. three of us ate at the italian restaurant in world showcase and the bill was 125.00 before the tip, and that was with two deserts. when you pay 37.00 a day for two meals and a snack how much of that do you think the sit down restaurants get? believe me they were coming up short.

Where can I find the 2007 list?

• My Boss Has No Idea

This ALL sounds very helpful! I'm going to take notes for our 1st WDW trip in March. Hope the weather is like DL...

COMING IN THE YEAR 2020

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by dags View Post
    Where can I find the 2007 list?
    The 2007 brochure can be found here:
    http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...s/07Dining.pdf

When we took our first trip, we went to
    - The Brown Derby (2 credits)(MGM)
    - Princess Breakfast at Akershus(EPCOT)
    - Le Chefs De France (EPCOT)
    - Ohana (Polynesian)
    - 50's Prime Time Cafe (MGM)
    and all of the counter service we used at our resort food court, except we went to Pizza Planet in MGM.

This trip, we're going to:
    - Cinderella's Royal Table (2 credits) (Magic Kingdom)
    - The Brown Derby (2 credits) (MGM)
    - Sci-Fi Dine-In (MGM)
    - Le Cellier (EPCOT)
    - Rose & Crowne Pub (EPCOT)
    with plans to actually spend more time eating counter service at the parks.

Needless to say, a Park Hopper really compliments the Dining Plan well!

• The one, the only...

My first trip to WDW was in March. We mainly had good weather, but expect some brief rain showers. Buy some ponchos before you go and have them ready to pull out. You can buy them at WDW but they cost 20 times as much.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by captsmith84 View Post
    The 2007 one is VERY different. Many restaurants in World Showcase are being taken off the list!
    Actually looking at the list, most of the World Showcase restaurants are still there. The dining plan is a great deal for people who want to visit the great restaurants that WDW offers. I think it is a good deal still!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Smile Re: First Trip to WDW

So, at this point we are looking at Pop Century and will save about 700 bucks. What do you guys think?

Also, do you guys/gals think it is a good idea to do the meal plan? Is it a good use of the money?

Any advice/must see/don't do's/ you can give me would be great.
    I've been to both resorts. They are both great in different ways. If you have little kids - they will LOVE the Pop Century. If you have older kids or this is a romantic trip - stay somewhere else.

I got the meal plan last time I was there for free. That was the best promo ever. The only way you save money is if you PLAN you meals and make ressies ahead of time. A friend was there at the same time as us and had the meal plan too...she wasnt able to get walk in ressies anywhere - and it was off season. So, if she paid for it, she would have broken even at best. They are still working the kinks out of the meal plan too...You might have people tell you that you can get that item one day and then tell you no the next. Its not simple...so if that kind of thing bothers you, skip it. We were still purcahsing 1 snack per day, with the meal plan.

My one BIG tip (if you stay at the Pop): Don't use the bus! It will take you over 2 hours to get a ride back to your resort at closing. The bus at the Pop was horrible!

If you stay at the Wilderness Lodge, the bus to Epcot was the slowest at 45 mins. If you drive, you are 10 mins away from the parks. You can take the boat to Magic Kingdom if you stay at this resort.

Beware of the Astro Orbiter - it looks like Dumbo, but it will make you puke.
    I didnt get sick, but I also didnt expect it to be a centrifuge.

You must try the confectionary on Main Steet - they have the best fudge ever. Get it out of the case, not in the tins.

And I really like the Coral Reef. And the kids like it too. It was romantic, and you can watch the fish swim, divers go by, and there are shells sparkeling all over. Very pretty - plus the food was super good too. Try the lobster soup and the rolls.

Dont skip: Small World, Space Ship Earth, Muppet 3D, Pirates, or Mickey's Philharmagic (sit in the front center for this one).

Have a fun trip!

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    There is also a 2007 brochure. I'm not sure if it's changed much, but just be aware that the 2007 brochure IS available. I know on our last trip the Coral Reef (EPCOT) was 2 dining credits, and now it's only one. So the program changes slightly from year to year.
    I was there in Oct - It was changed to 1 credit. Many have been changed to 1 credit - character meals too. I think they are still getting the kinks worked out. Some of the complaints I heard b4 my last trip were corrected by the time I got there.

Heres the newest dining menus and prices...do the math to see if you'll save using the meal plan or if you should pay cash.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The key with the dining plan as mentioned above is reservations well in advance (like MONTHS) and you plan your dining schedules on where you want to eat. WDW has multitudes of styles of resturants and experiences - a topic you map out more then the parks even! If you like eating out its a great thing.. but don't think you'll just 'find something'. To make it less frustrating (even though you'll be setting times in stone) plan all your dinining up front and you'll have a great time.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

When you go, you must, and there is no discussion on this, you must eat at Ohana's at the Poly. It is the best food in all of WDW.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    When you go, you must, and there is no discussion on this, you must eat at Ohana's at the Poly. It is the best food in all of WDW.
    I must agree. I still savor my meal and my experience from Ohana, and I ate there almost a year and a half ago!

Yes, we are working on wich date we will eat at Ohana right now. It was at the top of our list for a while.

This has been great! Keep all the info coming!

Cheers,
    Dan

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Yes, we are working on wich date we will eat at Ohana right now. It was at the top of our list for a while.

This has been great! Keep all the info coming!

Cheers,
    Dan
    Good glad to hear you are going to Ohana's.

Some other places that I enjoyed was the Sci_fi Drive in Dine in restaurant at MGM. The food was just ok, but the atmosphere really kicked ***. I also enjoyed the Mom's Kitchen place (sorry forgot the name). It was cute, and funny to see the cm's yelling at you to take your elbows off the table, or eat your vegetables.

I also enjoyed the luau at the Poly, but I am not sure what the showtimes are during the winter months....

there are also some good places in downtown disney. They have a good cuban place, if u like cuban food.

Also, try to hit the character breakfast at the contemporary... it was a lot of fun.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Good glad to hear you are going to Ohana's.

Some other places that I enjoyed was the Sci_fi Drive in Dine in restaurant at MGM. The food was just ok, but the atmosphere really kicked ***. I also enjoyed the Mom's Kitchen place (sorry forgot the name). It was cute, and funny to see the cm's yelling at you to take your elbows off the table, or eat your vegetables.

I also enjoyed the luau at the Poly, but I am not sure what the showtimes are during the winter months....

there are also some good places in downtown disney. They have a good cuban place, if u like cuban food.

Also, try to hit the character breakfast at the contemporary... it was a lot of fun.
    I found the Sci-Fi drive in quite boring. Once the clip cycled for the 60th time, I was ready to leave.

Mom's kitchen, in my experence, really depends on your waitress and the other people in the room.

I have been there where we ended up "telling" on other tables, because they were not eating. Then the other table "told" on me becuase I got up from the table. The myself and the guy from the other table got into a "fight". Mom came in and made us both stand in the corner, where we preoceeded to throw wadded up napkins at each other. Mom came back and yelled at us. The CM playing mom was visibly having a hard time staying in character and not cracking up. I was also told to clean my plate and when mom was out of the room I wiped it off and polished it up with napkins. She yelled at me for that too It was a great meal.

Another time, we had a waitress that did nothing more than come in and say "here's you food, now eat". Everyone else in the room had their heads down and were eating. That was quite boring and disappointing.

It really depends on who you get and the people around you.

-dave

• I am number 4 of 999

I'm not exactly looking forward to the Sci-Fi Drive-In, but I will go anyway. Not too thrilled by the food choices.

I thought the 50's Primetime Cafe (with the "Moms" as servers) was horrible. The waiter was not my Dad, Uncle, Brother, Third Cousin, whatever. He was a waiter. And I had some chicken dish that was waaay over spiced. My Mom actually made homemade everything from scratch when I was a child, so I don't have to pretend otherwise now that I'm an adult. This was just food at a themed theme park restaurant. Don't think I'll ever go there again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast