• Disney Prince

Carousel Of Progress?

Hey everyone. First time member, but long time reader of the boards.

Was wanting to know, does anyone know if Carousel of Progress is still open over the New Year's seasons? I'll be visiting WDW a few days after New Year's with my girlfriend probably, and was wondering if it's open during then or seasonally closed again.

Last edited by Werecat Boy; 12-13-2006 at 07:01 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Carousel Of Progress?

Ever since Alien Encounter closed, the Carousel of Progress has remained open. It has not been closed, seasonally or not, in years.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Prince

Thank you so much. I wasn't sure because the last time I went I heard that it was only open for the busy seasons. The Carousel has always been one of my favorite shows. Thanks again.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Werecat Boy View Post
    Thank you so much. I wasn't sure because the last time I went I heard that it was only open for the busy seasons. The Carousel has always been one of my favorite shows. Thanks again.

First - a disclaimer - I think COP is great. It has a quality about it that invokes the original spirit of Walt Disney for me. My kids love it too.

Next - Be prepared to be disappointed. Last time I was on it in October, it had gone from bad to worse. The carpet is threadbare and ripped in spots. The seat cushions are worn out. The ride moves in fits and jerks, and seems to breakdown quite often (but also resets quickly)

It is in need of some serious work - but I still love it.

-dave

• Banned User

they just refurbed the theaters with new seats and carpet last year. maybe they didn't get to all of them.

When I rode it last week I didn't notice any torn seats (and I wasn't looking for it either) but the carpet was very plain to see the wear right at the entrance. That was the most neglect I saw at that attraction aside from a few small tears in some scrim near the floor, didn't really jump out too much though. The carpet at the entrance is what I was most disappointed to see, not a very welcoming sign.

• Banned User

The only time that the Carousel won't be open while you're in the park are as follows: After the posted closing time. That means that the Carousel keeps the park's hours. It isn't normally open for Special Events (Like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party) or Extra Magic Hours. However, if crowds demand it, management may extend the hours of that attraction to operate through part of those events.

Also, sometimes the Carousel doesn't open with the park on time, but it usually is open by 10am at the latest.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    they just refurbed the theaters with new seats and carpet last year. maybe they didn't get to all of them.

Somebody got robbed then. Maybe nobody comes in to vaccum. The carpet really looks grungy.

I rode it three times on that trip. The seats were not worn, but once the one I was in felt like it had a collapsed spring or compressed something. It was definately tilted to the side - not bad but not like a new seat either. Maybe I just got "lucky" and got the one broken seat.

-dave

• Mouskatool

My only complaint about the CoP is it's proximity to the High School Musical stage. I could hear the bass through the whole show last weekend I heard the show is moving to MGM soon - hopefully.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by trypnotic View Post
    My only complaint about the CoP is it's proximity to the High School Musical stage. I could hear the bass through the whole show last weekend I heard the show is moving to MGM soon - hopefully.
    They've already put up job search ads for the show at MGM. It's definitely moving early next year.