Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Rides at WDW you just can't do

I have yet to get sick from riding one but I do get an upset tummy every time I ride Mission Space. We live in Florida, we have annual passes and it is my husbands favorite ride. So, needless to say, I've been on it alot. I have to do labor breathing stuff to get through the launch without getting sick. But I do always feel like I'm gonna be sick at the very end with the whole cliff drop thing.

My husband feels sick on Tower of Terror. Now, that is my favorite ride and he won't ride it with me. He did once on my birthday and that was it. He wanted to sit on the side so he could hang on. I always sit in the middle so I have nothing to hang on too. I love it. My bootie goes way up in the air!!! Wheee!!

All three of my kids love the teacups. So being sick on them is not an option. The ride has to be done.

• Banned User

Hmmm... nothing. I'm used to pretty much every Disney ride tech. that exists... I think I'll be fine on anything at any Disney park.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've never ventured onto the Tea Cups at either of the Magic Kingdoms. I used to be very prone to motion sickness, but over time I have learned to handle it. Tea Cups are just an old fear I won't let die.

I also can't recall ever riding a carousel. Long line and nothing really all that new or different.

• secure all cargo

Ditto for Body Wars.
    Got way too nauseous.
    Not enjoyable at all!

• I was deleted.

Pretty much Mission Space. But that doesn't mean I won't ride it... I have, I just usually choose not to. So instead I joke and tell my friends I'm too short to ride and wait for them. Yay for large capacity = not a long wait for me too!

I'm also not found of Ellen's Energy Adventure. I just won't do it because it creeps me out. Sorry fanatics. I know you're on here.

The Prime Evil Whirl at DAK is a bit too much. I usually won't do it unless my mom is here since she likes it.

I'm scared of Tower of Terror so I only do that when I'm feeling like I will get a decent drop sequence or whoever I'm with wants to ride it. And then I go on Coaster right after to make up for it!

I'm not big on Space Mountain here. I honestly will not go on it unless it it's a walk-on because it isn't worth my time here. I call it the Matterhorn in the dark. It's just like that. So I usually can't do it. It's a waste of the "E-ticket" title if you ask me.

Stitch's Great Escape isn't worth the effort for me either. I have been on it twice with my mom and my boyfriend when each requested to go on the attraction. Good thing there wasn't a wait for it.

The one and only attraction I refuse to visit the most would have to be The Tiki Room, Under New Management. It is because it is "under new management" that I dislike it. I have been protesting it since I have been here and although my few clicks on the turnstile don't mean too much in the big picture, I like to think so.

Wow. That's somewhat of a long list. I really do like everything and have done a lot. But there are some things I'd just rather skip in order to ride "it's a small world" another time.
    Last edited by BigPigletFan; 12-24-2005 at 06:34 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

It's a Small World.

I would rather set myself on fire.

• The Candidate

Forget the tea cups - I can't even ride the carousel or Dumbo anymore without feeling queasy. Sometimes I have trouble watching the kids ride them! This is a recent thing and I have no idea why it suddenly became a problem. I'll ride the biggest roller coaster at Six Flags, but I can't ride anything that spins.

The day after the hurricane last year I was insistent on making sure that we had a good time and to not let the leftover rain ruin the day. My son was the first to pick up my cue and he said let's go on Dumbo! Unfortunately, my wife and daughter weren't biting yet, so I forced myself to go on that followed by the carousel. I was real queasy, but managed to hold my cookies!

I took him on Primeval Whirl and was fine the first time. Unfortunately, their was absolutely no line and he wanted to do it again. The second time did me in. Luckily we hit it at closing, so it didn't ruin my day too much.

Interestingly enough, I didn't have a big problem with Mission Space. I followed the directions very carefully and was a little queasy, but not too bad.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Rides at WDW you just can't do

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Hmmm... nothing. I'm used to pretty much every Disney ride tech. that exists... I think I'll be fine on anything at any Disney park.
    Ditto, I can take anything, in moderation... I will ride MS if someone else does, I will do anything really... (back seat RNRC is fun!)

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    It's a Small World.

I would rather set myself on fire.
    Do not say that, if she sees you say that, you might get in trouble...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm used to anything sickness wise...I can do anything and not get sick, but I have yet to go on the Astro Orbiter, just because I don't want to wait on that line, and The Indy Speedway I always avoid. the biggest waste of space in MK.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• time to go

Gravity is my enemy, because of hypotension. Mission: Space is gravity extra large. It's anathema to those of us with low blood pressure.

I would love to ride, but it's not worth the risk of passing out.

• The one, the only...

Primeval Whirl and Stitch Great Escape. The Primeval whirl is way to jerky and reminds me of a cheap carnival ride. Stitch just stinks, in more ways than one.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• most magical vaca ever

I actually passed on Mission Space.... I get very bad migraine headaches and would pass MS if I had a chance of getting one

DH and DS went on Mission Space and loved it but DS was sick the entire night so I am glad I didn't go on.

Now that we found out our son has a heart condition we will NOT let him on anything with warnings posted

Went on DINOSAUR in Animal Kingdom and it was the first time I felt a bit sick afterwards but usually nothing fazes me....
    ~~~~~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12