Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney World Aficionados

Rides at WDW you just can't do

Here an interesting topic.. Is there any rides at WDW you just can't ride? The ones that make you sick (figuratively or literally).

I'll start. I literally get sickey feeling on Mission Space and the Teacups. It really sucks, because I love those rides. The ride I just can't stand to go on is the Tomorrowland rockets, because the line is usually long, and the ride is just a glorified carousel.
    The Disney Diva and Factual Al

• Happy Memories

Tower of Terror. I rode it once (and only once) because I desperately wan't to check out the theming and such. Also, i knew I had to at least face my fear and try it once. In my entire life, this is the only ride that has ever made me feel ill. I'm still not exactly sure how I kept from actually blowing chunks! It's kind of a shame, because with the exception of the drops I really did enjoy the ride. I always feel so bad that my fiancee loves it and wants to ride it, but I refuse and she doesn't want to go alone.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

I can't ride the teacups. They make me very, very sick, and the CMs at the TC's learned that the hard way last year. Hope They Had FUN!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

There is nothing I wouldn't ride! There are things I don't ride just for the fact that I find them a tremendous waste of precious Disney time (like the Speedway... I've never even been on it!) But nothing that makes me ill.

• Former Epcot CM

Re: Rides at WDW you just can't do

Oooh... ditto the Astro Orbitors or whatever they are, the queue is HUGE! I will leave out the Haunted Mansion in it's current state, that ride needs SUCH a refurb, and same for PotC (but PotC is getting a refurb soon).
    I like the Tea Cups actually... can't say the same for my parents.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I miss WDW!!

1621 Dawnbreak Ct. Saint Charles, MO 63303

I don't know how things have changed since I have been there but the wait for Test Track seemed not all that worth when I was there. The theming was fun to look at it, for the first hour, I didn't think the ride was worth the two hour wait. But then again I am probably being to critical. I can't wait to go back and prove myself wrong!! Is it late may yet.
    WDWCP
    May 2006- January 2007
    : Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride, Enchanted Tiki Room, Swiss Family Treehouse, POtC stollers, Liberty Square Parade Control.
    January 2007 - May 2007: Bellhop at the Swankiest hotel in Orlando, The Hollywood Tower Hotel

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I don't like Space Mountain or Big Thunder. It's not that I don't like roller coasters, I love them in fact, but they are just too rough now.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Body Wars. I've never been on it but reading about it has always made me sick.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Star Tours and Mission: Space. I didn't ride either one on our last trip to WDW, but I rode Star Tours at Disneyland and felt sick for an hour afterward. Mission: Space, I just knew better than to try. I get sick just watching really jumpy movies on TV and can't play 3D video games, I know my limits. Strangely enough, I can ride the teacups with no problems.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

I tried Mission Space for the first time this trip. I'm glad I tried it, but NEVER want to ride it again. I didn't get ill, but I was glad that we got to sit over at Ellen's Universe of Energy for a LONG time.

I think I'm done with the Rockets too.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Considering that they warn you of motion sickness and that you MUST look ahead or you're get sick is warning enough to stay off of it. I only went on it once and while the GForce effect is nice it's not worth it.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

My problem isn't with Mission:Space isn't with the spinning - it's with the tiny tiny cockpit. I've got the claustrophobia pretty bad, and when that panel moved into ride position I just about freaked! Once it started I was OK, but those first few seconds were pretty rough.

I have yet to ride Rock N Roller Coaster for the same reason. I don't like those over the shoulder restraints at all! Other than that, I'm up for anything (I'm the best teacup spinner I've ever seen!!!).
    Last edited by danyoung; 12-22-2005 at 06:23 AM.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Body Wars! *pukes*
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by ghostbuster097
    I don't know how things have changed since I have been there but the wait for Test Track seemed not all that worth when I was there. The theming was fun to look at it, for the first hour, I didn't think the ride was worth the two hour wait. But then again I am probably being to critical. I can't wait to go back and prove myself wrong!! Is it late may yet.
    I agree with you. The ride is okay if you only have a 10m or under wait. It's sort of anticlimatic by the end of it. LOL

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I'd totally take the single rider route if it's open at the time. I mean, I enjoyed Test Track, but I can't justify waiting more than 20-30 minutes (well, not even that really).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast