• Rookie

Build Your Own Lightsaber kiosk

Has anyone actually been to the BYOL experience in Once Upon a Toy?

I just read about it on starwars.com the other day, and wrote a small blurb about it for www.swstartours.net, but would love to get a firsthand account of it.

Thanks!

Lex

• far, far away from DL

Re: Build Your Own Lightsaber kiosk

I hope that it stays for awhile. I want to make my own lightsaber. That will be pretty packed during Star Wars weekends.

Sabrina

• Do you have a 27B/6?

My husband and I saw it just a few weeks ago. It seems- overly complicated? Too many options, I guess. I couldn't figure out how the parts went together. The husband, however, is a big kid, and he kept fingering the pieces.
    What exactly did you want to know, Lex? I can tell you that the "Jedi" has the option of picking out what color their blade is, what kind of power crystal (or whatever they call them), and that they cost $18 (if memory serves). I also know that I'm going to have to take the husband back there, so he can make his own.
    Also- bless those CMs' hearts. They must spend all day taking apart half-finished lightsabers. Also, I made too many dumb Star Wars jokes.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    My husband and I saw it just a few weeks ago. It seems- overly complicated? Too many options, I guess. I couldn't figure out how the parts went together. The husband, however, is a big kid, and he kept fingering the pieces.
    What exactly did you want to know, Lex? I can tell you that the "Jedi" has the option of picking out what color their blade is, what kind of power crystal (or whatever they call them), and that they cost $18 (if memory serves). I also know that I'm going to have to take the husband back there, so he can make his own.
    Also- bless those CMs' hearts. They must spend all day taking apart half-finished lightsabers. Also, I made too many dumb Star Wars jokes.
    Just like Mr. Potato heads! I'll be looking for this at WOD in a few weeks to see if they have this there. I'm not a big star wars fan, (I'm only in it for Star Tours and R2D2 to be honest) but this does sound like fun.

Maybe someone on MC can do a photo report on this. I would, but I'm a bit too far away.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I wonder if it is the same as the kit they sell in stores (Toys R Us pops to mind)

you choose a jedi or sith blade, then a blade color. Then a emitter, handle, base, and "power crystal" and put it all together. There is also a coupler to put two together to make a double bladed one. My kids took a look at it and said "pass". They would rather beat on each other with wrapping paper tubes than some fancy plastic lightsaber that they know will break (they had "regular" ones before)

My guess is its the same thing, just loose instead of in a package, and maybe with some "Disney only" parts, just like the 'tato head.

-dave

• We're number one!

My boyfriend is definitely going to want to go over there and check it out now. Maybe I can take him down there so he can build his own as a late Christmas present.

• Do you have a 27B/6?

The husband just corrected me on the price: $19.99, not 18. And I don't recall seeing any specifically "Disney" parts.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Banned User

this is in the hasbro store... so it might be a while till they add Disney only parts like mouse ear handles

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I already have my light up/humming/vibrating Obi-Wan lightsaber so I'm a happy camper... kinda... I really wanted the Master Replicas version but settled for a cheap plastic one.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    this is in the hasbro store... so it might be a while till they add Disney only parts like mouse ear handles

OK - so then chances are REALLY good it's the same one I saw in TRU. About $20, in a box, about 18" x 4" x 8"

Enough parts to make one complete saber and maybe one that does not light up.

-dave

• Rookie

The parts do seem to all come from Hasbro's previous 'Ultimate Lightsaber' set, but on starwars.com's article, it said that there is a park exclusive purple 'blade' for folks who want to re-create Mace Windu's saber style.

(FYI, Samuel L. Jackson was told by George Lucas that saber colors only come in red for bad guys, and blue or green for good guys. He had been hoping for purple, his favorite color, and asked "No purple?" Lucas replied, "We might could do purple." He is the only Jedi to appear in the movies with a color other than the red, blue, or green options.)

Has anyone else been to this kiosk? Tell me everything. Pics?

Lex