Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Annual Passes

Re: Annual Passes

I've been looking into buying an AP for Disney World and noticed that there is a $200 discount if you live in Florida. Now I'm just a bit curious how Disney enforces that rule, because whenever I'll be at the parks, I'll be staying with my grandparents (and probably go with them to the parks), so I'm curious if I don't live in Florida but everytime I go with people who are Florida residents, could I still get this discount, or do I have to pay full price (even if I buy my pass with my grandparents- who are residents of Florida)?

to get FL resident rate you must present a valid FL ID for every ticket being purchased, and tickets are tied to names/identities.

you also get free parking with an AP, which, at $9 a day adds up to maek the difference pretty quickly. if you enjoy downtown disney, ntoe that house of blues (my fav restaurant in DTD) offers 20% off to AP holders before 4pm. as an AP holder you will not be tunred away when the park is busy (aside from nights you require a special ticket anyways, such as xmas parties and whatnot). one example is July 4th. many were turned away becuase there were too many people in the park, not passholders. there is some merchandise only available to passholders such as pins and shirts. if you do all of your disney shopping at world of disney, that really helps with the cost of a trip.

I really think that if one breaks down the discounts (above and the others mentioned with a pass, I dont have experiance with the dining card yet) you will find that so long as you spend more than a weekend or two in the park, and you stay on disnye property at least once, its a no brainer with great savings. run the numbers, sell the wife on it.

I have a few more questions about AP's, Can you buy them at the Disney Store or do you have to purchase them at the resort? Also, do I have to go to the parks to renew or can you also do that at the Disney stores? And how does it even work if you buy the AP online, is it a ticket or is it a card (like most of the amusment parks near where I live) that have a photo and personal info on it? and if it is one of card- types (which I'm betting it is) how long does it take them to make one up? cause if I can't buy it in the store, I'll have to buy it at the resort and will be planning to use it that day (or do they give you a temp pass until a final one is mailed to you). Also, if it's not trouble (and legal) could someone post a picture of what the APs actually look like (with the personal info and picture blured if you want to), I'm just curious about what an AP looks like before I buy one. Hopefully someone could answer my questions ASAP

• The Mickey Follower

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible
    I have a few more questions about AP's, Can you buy them at the Disney Store or do you have to purchase them at the resort? Also, do I have to go to the parks to renew or can you also do that at the Disney stores? And how does it even work if you buy the AP online, is it a ticket or is it a card (like most of the amusment parks near where I live) that have a photo and personal info on it? and if it is one of card- types (which I'm betting it is) how long does it take them to make one up? cause if I can't buy it in the store, I'll have to buy it at the resort and will be planning to use it that day (or do they give you a temp pass until a final one is mailed to you). Also, if it's not trouble (and legal) could someone post a picture of what the APs actually look like (with the personal info and picture blured if you want to), I'm just curious about what an AP looks like before I buy one. Hopefully someone could answer my questions ASAP
    You can buy them on-line. I purchased mine June 29th and I received my vouchers on July 6th. Once you get your vouchers, you're able to log into the Passholders section of the web site. Make sure you get the Dinning Experience Card. Saves you 20% on meals. In our case, going to Chef Mickeys for dinner will save us 15+ dollars. Can't beat that with a stick.

There is a picture on the disneyworld web site when you click in the info for the passholder section. The voucher isn't much. Just a plastic card with your number. When you go to guest relations, you get your pictures.

We get to turn our vouchers into MAGIC in 2 days.. WHOO HOO.

• The Mickey Follower

oh, I meant to post this... go here for some more information...

http://www.mousesavers.com/faq.html#apwdw

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by slowbee
    You can buy them on-line. I purchased mine June 29th and I received my vouchers on July 6th. Once you get your vouchers, you're able to log into the Passholders section of the web site. Make sure you get the Dinning Experience Card. Saves you 20% on meals. In our case, going to Chef Mickeys for dinner will save us 15+ dollars. Can't beat that with a stick.

There is a picture on the disneyworld web site when you click in the info for the passholder section. The voucher isn't much. Just a plastic card with your number. When you go to guest relations, you get your pictures.

We get to turn our vouchers into MAGIC in 2 days.. WHOO HOO.

Disney Dining Experience is a good thing. It's a separate charge to join from the AP and is $50 for out of state passholders, $75 for Florida residents. It gives you a 20% discount on all food and beverage purchases (including alchohol) at just about every single table service restaurant in the parks and resorts.

The voucher is a plastic card that you will take to any ticket window at a park on the day you first use it to exchange for your annual pass. The actual annual pass is a paper ticket just like any other type you would buy from a ticket window. They don't have your photo on them, and the only identifying information on the back is your name, the date your pass expires, and your passholder ID #. There is a magnetic stripe on the back that holds whatever info.... and you are identified at the turnstiles by biometric finger scan

You'll also be given a little booket to keep your AP in (also handy for storing FastPasses) that details your discounts around the entire resort.

Enjoy and have a great time!!

But I'm still wondering could I buy an AP in the morning and still go into the park, do they give me a temporary AP until I get one with my photo and all my info (and again, how long does that take) and if they mail them to you, and you still down there (in Florida or California) could you have it sent to your hotel (or where ever you're staying) instead of home? Or could you just buy the AP with photo and everything at the Disney store?

as stated above, there is no photo or anything like that. the ticket is the same ticket that a one day hopper would be, but works as an annual. all verification is by your name on the back, the magnetic strip to bring the infoup, and your hand geometry aquired at first enterance.

you can get an AP at the gate even and use it 30 seconds later. you should have no problem.

Thanks for clarifying and sorry if I didn't understand you correctly the first time.

not a prob. one more thought. a lot of people buy vouchers ahead of time at a rest stop, hotel lobby, etc. they think (and it seems logical) that they will be saving time when they get to the park. the thing is that you still have to exchange the vouchers at the gate, in fact, I think you have to use guest relations and cant even use a reg ticket window (longer wait). either way its not a time saver at all, though if you get hte voucher where it saves you a couple bucks then its certainly worth it.

if you are in downtown disney the night before however, you can purchase yoru tickets there, the wait is generally not bad, and they will issue a regular ticket rather than a voucher.

hope you have a wonderful trip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123