Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Annual Passes

• The Mickey Follower

Annual Passes

We're going in August for our 5th time in 5 years. I'm thinking of getting the annual passes so I can talk the wife into 2 night weekend trips every other month. I heard there are benefits being an annual passholder. Any truth to this?

There are dining discounts, and if I recall, some shopping discounts, among other perks.
    "Who's that, then?"
    "I dunno, must be a king."
    "Why?"
    "He hasn't got sh** all over him."

Cindy

The biggest perk is that you get periodically get room discounts, up to 40% off rack rate. That is the best reason I can think of. Even if you only go once a year for a big trip it is worth it. That is what we do. Last year we went the second week in AUg with our AP, and this year we are going the first week in Aug. before they run out. The room deals are sweet.

• The Mickey Follower

From what I read, the hotel discounts were worth the price alone. Personally, just knowing we can go back as many times (at least when the airfare is right) as we want. ))))))))

I think the AP pays for the difference in the room discounts and if you stagger your vacations like I did, its like getting passes for the second time free.

If you're not a Florida Resident, the annual pass allows you to purchase the Disney Dining Experience Card, which better dining discounts than just the AP - AND it includes ethanol!

• The Mickey Follower

I read about that. Is that also yearly?

Is the DE card worth it? or are you limited to 4 resturants between 3 and 3:15 on days that end in t? (or some other goofy rule)

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I became an AP holder last June, and signed up with Disney Dining Experience this past January. DDE membership for is for a calendar year, just like the AP. However, my AP expires on the 30th this month, and DDE will expire for me in January '06.

DDE is not tied to your passport, just a separate program you are able to purchase for $50 as a passholder benefit.

The discount is good for 20% off all food and beverage (including alcoholic) purchases at the vast majority of table service restaurants and lounges throughout the WDW resort parks and hotels.

A 10% food discount is included with your AP at a handful of table service restaurants at resort hotels anytime and Epcot restuarants during lunch hours Mon-Fri....in other words... you're pretty much limited there.

The AP will also give you a 10% discount on merchandise at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney.

15% off any guided tours you may wish to take.

Discount movie tickets at the AMC

And several other discounts throughout the property.

however, the big one, and the reason I hold an AP is the aforementioned 40% discount on hotels.

Get an AP... I bought mine last year for my vacation because it was cost effective for the length of my trip, and have now found myself going on those weekend trips every few months!

Enjoy!

The DDE is a great perq offering a 20% discount for up to 10 people (including alcohol). Not as good as it was in 1995 when it started, but basically every theme park and resort full serve dining location, every on property bar, food courts at all the value resorts and a few of the mods, most DD restuarants as well and the counter service locations at DAK (since they have no full serves). You also get free parking when dining, including valet at the resorts and half-priced admission to Pleasure Island.

• The Mickey Follower

Thanks everyone for the help. Just a little more justification to make use of the AP all year long (wife won't agree).

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

slowbee - you can get full into on AP benefits (including car rental discounts you can use anywhere!) on Deb Will's website here: http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

And, regarding the DDE mentioned above - I bout it and used it on my latest trip to WDW. Easily saved the $50 (and then some) that I spent on the card. WELL worth it - next trip is just gravy!
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• The Mickey Follower

I did my research before I made the decision to buy the AP or the DE cards. But I just wanted some info by some fellow disney travelers to see if they felt it was worth it.

Thanks for the mickey love...

Quote Originally Posted by Labuda
    WELL worth it - next trip is just gravy!
    Hmmm...just gravy? That doesn't sound healthy to me, Iggy. Although I have a friend that once wanted to eat gravy on everything so whatever makes you happy

• The Mickey Follower

ya know.. there is nothing wrong with gravy... lots of uses...

Goes great with Country Fried steak, mashed potatoes, over some warm country biscuits...

even better when clogging arteries

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Hmmm...just gravy? That doesn't sound healthy to me, Iggy. Although I have a friend that once wanted to eat gravy on everything so whatever makes you happy
    Well, keep in mind where I'm eating these days - Victoria & Albert's, Jiko, California Grill - sooooooo, good gravy!
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast