Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs down Xmas parade on ABC...

Ok...One hr into this show and where is the "actual" WDW Xmas Parade??

I mean.. We have only seen ONE actual float that appears on the regular parade!!! The rest of the show has been a big fat lie of a parade. They should rename this show the "WDW Very Merry Promotional Hour". I also find it daring, if a bit deceiving, that most of what goes on on this tv show is NOT featured on the actual parade, and what little we see of the "supposedly" parade at the MK, is so so so so heavily enhanced by other material.. It's downright a disgusting promo disguised as a Xmas special. In fact, the only enjoyable segents of this show so far are the parade portions from DL, which as you know, it's a true Disney park we don't get to see much of, and I find it refreshing that most of the parade footage from CA is not all that augmented with extra silly stuffing, making their offerings THAT GOOD, as opposed to the very lacking decades old parade at WDW.
    Furthermore...they have said "this is the year of a million dreams" just about a million times!! Enough already!! We get it!!! we get it!! You have a lousy promotional effort to sell. But only the uncommonly infrequent visitor is biting. Then insult me further with the CMs segent talking about their jobs... with CM Chuck being the first one to come on and telling us... "There is something special about working at... DISNEYLAND!!" Yup! DL. NOT WDW. Still.. how many CMs are quitting that resort on a daily basis?? Now Chuck, tell us exactly how much you get paid on a weekly basis please.

As for us here in Orlando.. the only thing that has made this show watchable are the constant interruptions about severe weather and tornado watches that are in effect for most of Central Florida as this show progresses.. Funny, the weather looks great on TV... sunny and beautiful, yet I'm 15 mins away from WDW and looking out my window...I see stormy skies, windy conditions and overall bad outdoors conditions.

Not all is lost, at 1hr 34 mins into this 2-hr Disney promo, we are treated to a quick visit to DLParis. Pay attention kiddies so you can see how much nicer this park is over our host the MK park. Of course... the idea of going to Paris comes courtesy of DVC.. in yet another promotional clip.

To recap.. the highlights of this silly show have been the segments from DL's parades and DLP. I will even forgive they substituded the real Santa at DL for Stitch, just so that the little boys and girls at home do not have to see there really are TWO Santas under employment at Disney...(at MK and DL). Three Santas in fact if you count the faux one that got kicked out of the MK this past week, in what looks suspiciously as a press stunt to increase awareness of the resort.

One more thing...two actually! Whoever is in charge of Andrea Bocelli... please shave his face!! He looks like... (shush your mouth TDLFAN!) ..and please, to the powers that be.. SAVE of from Regis and Kelly next year! Overexposed and undertalented. They need to go!!!

OMG!!! Just when it couldn't get worst.. Here comes Beyonce with one of the worst renditions of "Silent Night" ever attempted. This woman is so so so over rated. Furthermore... what is she doing here? Is Disney releasing "Dreamgirls"??? Must be the case since Eddie Murphy is on that movie...

FINALLY!!! With 10 mins to go into this 2-hr spectacle, we finally get to see a little bit of the real WDW Xmas parade at the MK!! Please note the gal playing Mrs Santa Claus... She used to be the former MK Snow White and one of the very best there was. This particular performer was well known for remembering the names of kids she had met during the day, and would call them out by their names when she parade as Sow White in the daily parade. Definitely one of the very best CMs ever to grace the MK stage. Too bad she has allowed herself to get a bit...chubby in the waist since her good old days as Snow, and is now reduced to playing the older female characters on the parade. Still, she is a little beam of sunshine at WDW's parades. Can you tell I am a fan of hers???

Anyways... Merry Xmas everyone.

• Closed Account

Re: Xmas parade on ABC...

TDLFAN! OMG i know who you speak of. Yes she did SNOW for almost all of the 80s, but now does Fairy Godmother in day parade. And as for the parade, well darling WHERE have you been? The parade has been a promo tool ever since the days of INDY. And WHY did they have to promote ALL 4 parks? Did managment think the country forgot what WDW is composed of in the last 365 days!? It was like a vacation planning video. Weird.

• The Darkness to Light

I was afraid they would be doing something like this, which is why I didn't watch my airring of ths program. And I'm glad I didn't.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    well darling WHERE have you been? The parade has been a promo tool ever since the days of INDY.
    True, but the consumate dreamer I am hopes for bigger and better things from Disney, or is that too much to ask from the USA parks? Besides, the parade TV broadcast used to be more true to life when it aired LIVE, and there was less promotional blah blah blah.

And WHY did they have to promote ALL 4 parks? Did managment think the country forgot what WDW is composed of in the last 365 days!? It was like a vacation planning video. Weird.
    You gotta understand.. this is the same marketing team that made everyone believe the Happiest Celebration on Earth was promoted around the World at all 5 Disney resorst when in fact it was only a WDW marketing stunt. Then again.. when you say "4 parks".. do you mean the 4 parks at WDW?? Because besides DLR and DLP, I didn't see anything here related to TDR or HKDLR.

• Closed Account

yes the 4 WDW parks. Reintroducing them as if NOONE had heard of them. They have NEVER done that on a parade airing. very odd. And the Happiest Celevration was heaven comapred to YOMD. In fact, i saw all the commercials and the CM promo video and guess what. It STILL did NOT explain what it was about! It was so obvious it was Disney doing what we have BEEN doing for 50 years but now has its own marketing campaign. Please Iger! Get off the Ipods and get Rasulo off the Park driver wheel!

• When Will It Return?

This so-called 'Parade' is worse than my worst fears. Sure Disneyland got the cold-shoulder after-thought treatment, that was expected. What I didn't expect was Regis & Kelly looking more stiff & scripted than POTC AAs, obvious promos of the latest lame offerings such as HSM Pep Rally, and YOAMD & DVC promos filling in the rest of the time. They must think a lot of ignorant people who can't see a forest for the trees are watching this. Sad thing is, they're probably right.

Oh well, at least Samantha Brown still knows what she's doing.

Overall this parade is

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I was honestly pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of Samantha Brown. Love her and her shows, so it was good to see something that at least looked spontaneous.

And I think the ultimate low for me was when I saw a commercial for the DVC. They gave away their best kept secret I guess. Sure, the parade is a big commercial, and the "sneak peeks" were so fast that I would have missed them if I blinked, but the commercial for DVC shocks me.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

ehh...i liked it. i know what u all are sayin tho and i agree.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

with CM Chuck being the first one to come on and telling us... "There is something special about working at... DISNEYLAND!!" Yup! DL. NOT WDW. Still.. how many CMs are quitting that resort on a daily basis?? Now Chuck, tell us exactly how much you get paid on a weekly basis please.
    I don't see why he should be made fun of for supposed wages he may be making. He might just love doing the job regardless of his pay.

Not many CM's are quitting Disneyland on a daily basis. They have bills to pay. The CM's most likely leave Disneyland if they are let go. BUT Disneyland is having a harder time finding new employees.

• Banned User

I was there for the taping and I must admit it's the best show I have seen in years. I have never really liked kelly, Regis was much better with joan lunden. now those were the good ole days. as far as promoting the parks, that is what it's all about promoting WDW and they don't have a big e ticket attraction that opened so why not promote the whole resort? and I like the fact that cms like their jobs. many jobs don't pay what they should and yet we have policemen and firefighters and teachers and nurses. and the parade shown on tv hasn't been the christmas parade since the 90's. I remember the year they had the glirs that were the princess voices singing. or the year they incorporated the regular parade into the christmas parade. It needs work frankly it needs a new production company. but I am sure lighthouse is cheap

• Banned User

we interupt this program to tell you...

Your gonna die if your in this couty!!!

now back to the progam..

not exactly the same words.. but close enough...

every 30 minutes... then that tornado warning in my county...

at least abc is safe... but now i wish i had a version without the interuptions.

• Epcot's my fave park!

I enjoyed the parade! Samantha Brown rocks! Happy holidays y'all! I knew there would be a post to the parade! I'm pyschic! :christmas:

wdwnut4life

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is the best thread of the day. That "parade" was 2 hours of my life I want back. When they interrupted Ally & AJ (umm... WHO?!) for a weather update, I said "THANK GOD!" a little too loudly. LOL! I had no idea who 97% of these Disney Channel "E-List" performers were. I'm just glad Michael Bolton finally cut the mullet but man that version of Joy to the World was awful! Only thing that got me excited in those whole 2 hours was seeing Tigger at the very end. Well, that and the Disneyland footage.

• Epcot's my fave park!

I like Aly & AJ & have a few of their songs on my video iPod!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wdwnut4life View Post
    I enjoyed the parade! Samantha Brown rocks! Happy holidays y'all! I knew there would be a post to the parade! I'm pyschic! :christmas:

wdwnut4life
    Samantha Brown was on there?!?!?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast