Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• far, far away from DL

I get tears in my eyes when a Disney commercial comes on. Or when I hear when you wish apon a star. That really gets me. I want to go to Disney Now!!!!

Sabrina

one of many forme is at the magnet store in downtown wdw. let me explain, i have a n engagment ring burning a hole i my pocket all day. i had it all figured out i was going to purpose at the ELP. i was going to have someone on the other side of the road hold up a sign, but after a hole day(the first day) i couldn't wait and i purposed in the cheeseist way. i put the ring on a magnet and said, oh my god look at this one. lame i know. but i will always go into the magnet store and always have that memory of being a tool!!
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Re: Memories at Walt Disney World

My favorite WDW memory swimming with the fishies in the Living Seas with my daughter.It's interested me in scuba diving.I waved at a teen in a wheel chair,probably autistic.little kids loved waving back at us.me and my daughter held hands a couple times while schools of large fish surrounded and overtook us.watched the shark swimming below us.eagle rays swam close when on the platform at our feet,plus the sea turtles were cool.really cool. We were told we're on the Disney stage,we're now a part of the show.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 12-23-2005 at 01:09 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Anytime the music starts it gets me, Wishes, Cinderellabration etc... I'm such a sap though I cry at almost anything sentimental. Lord help me at any of my childrens concerts, school functions etc.. LOL

My favorite memory though:

Anytime I stayed at the Contemporary growing up as a child. I grew up at WDW, it was our yearly family vacation. Some of my best memories come from there and it makes me very happy that I can take my children and go to the exact same rides that I did as a child.

Besides, you gotta love these faces!!!

• Huh?

WDW holds a special place in my life.

I'm one of the few around here that hasn't been to DL. I'm not one to say one is better than the other because I see the advantages of both. WDW is just the one that I've grown up with.

In fact, it's one of my earliest memories. I first went when I was only 2 years old. I remember it raining while we were in the Treehouse, I remember loving the Haunted Mansion (I was odd like that -- most kids that age would've been scared to death). I remember other bits and pieces, like all the rides at Epcot present in 1982, getting seperated from my parents for an hour, only to be found later at a computer in Communicore, and other classic attractions at the MK and Discovery Island.

And the Mansion is just about the center of the happiness, actually. Not only is it part of my earliest memory, but... well, I was in a major depression for about a year to a year and a half. Alone 24/7, just sitting in the darkness alone and crying because seemed like everybody that was supposed to be friends were turning their back on me in my time of need. I don't think school was helping me out much, either.

Well, after I graduated, my parents took me to WDW for a graduation present. Sure, I was happy about this, but nothing compared to when I got to the Mansion. There were only three of us that trip, so my parents got in one doombuggy, I alone in another. Dunno why, but when I hit the graveyard, just had to start laughing -- for the first time in over a year.

It was a great trip after that... that big depression was finally over, and I just went on a path of healing after that.

Now, I get depressed when I can't go to WDW.
    -Tim

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I visited WDW four times, before I went to Disneyland once. I love both places. My greatest memory of WDW was when my grandson was 4. We were watching the night time parade at MK. I was holding on to my grandson, who was on top of a mailbox. Last float in the parade had Jiminy Cricket. I did not know this at the time. When I saw him, well I acted more like the 4 year old than he did.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I get choked up as soon as I drive in under the sign that lets you know you have just entered into Walt Disney World. everytime I suddenly get all happy!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

My first trip to WDW was when I was in my early 30's, and at the time, I didn't know or care anything about Disney. I thought Disney was "kid stuff" and I was going to be bored at a place that was "just for kids". Well, my wife (gf at the time) knew me better than I knew myself - she knew that I was still a kid at heart and that adulthood was just getting in the way of that part of me. So, she talked me into going and boy am I glad she did! The moment we drove onto Disney grounds I had this sense that there was something different about the place...something that made it special and unique. At that point, my close mindedness slowly melted away and we had a great time there. For the first time in a long time, I allowed myself to be a kid again. So, one very fond memory was my first ever visit there.

The Illuminations show is another one. The music, the fire, the fireworks, the laser effects, the globe...the message. That is one incredible show!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is an embarrassing memory but really funny too.

My first visit to WDW was back in 1978 when I was 3. I remember we saw the old Mickey Mouse Revue show. This was the first time I'd seen Mickey that day (albiet an anamatronic one, but I digress). At the end of the show, Mickey would turn on his platform, thank us for coming, then the platform would lower and the show was done. The theatre was in dead silence when little 3 year old me hollered, "MICKEY! MICKEY! DON'T GO!" The entire theatre erupted in laugher. My parents wanted to crawl in a hole. LOLOL!!!

• Princess in training

There have been so many times I get a little teary eyed.. but my all time favorite teary eyed moment was New Years Eve 2003 (turning into 2004). I went to WDW with my best friend (Renee) and like all of the other people there we were in the park at 9am.. well around 2pm we met up with my best guy friend (Buddy) and spent the rest of the day with him and his 2 friends.. Found the perfect spot and watched Wishes all together for the first time. I just can't explain it, but it was amazing to look to my right see one of them, look to my left and see the other. There's nothing like fireworks when you're surrounded by friends. Then we went to Tony's for dinner (ugg not the best I've had), watched the electric parade and then found a spot and camped out until the fireworks at midnight.. waited around in the park till it emptied out, didn't get back to the hotel till 2am. I get chills just thinking about it
    Stare into the sunset and the future's not quite clear..
    there's a fork here in the road don't know which way to steer

*Jeremy Kushnier*

The Finale of Fantasmic makes me cry.... when mickey appears at the top of the mountain and the fireworks go off.

End of Wishes when Jiminy Cricket says " ...Its the Blue fairy!" and the fire works do the machine gun thing.... then the blue fairy telling us all to make a wish.

seeing people happy in any of the Disney Parks chokes me up...

so I am generally a happy mess at disney he he he
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always like to hear Jiminy Cricket say "what they can't do these days", during the fireworks.

• Meega, nala kwishta!!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Anytime the music starts it gets me, Wishes, Cinderellabration etc... I'm such a sap though I cry at almost anything sentimental. Lord help me at any of my childrens concerts, school functions etc.. LOL
    That's the same thing that happens to me! It doesn't matter if it's Beauty and the Beast or When You Wish Upon A Star. I have to blame dust "getting into my eye".

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Don't hide the tears. You will find that at a Disney park, you are allowed to cry and you are not alone.

• Vehicle rotating backward

The worst, choke-you-up part that I've found is waking up the day after your return, in your own bed. This is when the reality finally hits you and you realize that this day and the next will not be filled with theme park and rides like last however-many.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast