Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Re: Memories at Walt Disney World

Went with my wife, parents, and two kids for a week in 2004. Our last night in the MK, it was just me and my oldest daughter, who was about 3 1/2 at the time. Everyone else had gone back to the hotel and we were going to try to cram in a few more rides of Splash Mountain and another run thru Fantasyland. It was late and eventually my daughter fell asleep, so I was just wheeling her around getting one last good look at the castle, thinking back on what an amazing trip we'd had and how special my daughter's first WDW experience was. That's when the faucet turned on and things got really teary!
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

The "We Go On" segment of Illuminations, and the Finale of Fantasmic are what get me almost every time.

But there are so many little things, as people have already pointed out, that cause the nostalgia and wave of emotion to hit you, that it's hard to specify what is going to cause it. And it could change on each trip...Sometimes it might be a meal in a restaurant, a character encounter, or a specific sight, smell, or sound. The best thing to do is just let that emotion wash over you, and savor it, since these are where our memories stem from.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Former Epcot CM

Words cannot explain the feeling you get at the end of Fantasmic!. Nothing in WDW beats that sight. One of the main reasons I believe WDW's setting is better than DL's - not the Rivers of America, but the mountain over the Cider Mill.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Disney Memory Maker

Tear wise, there are only three things that will may me tear up
    1) Reflections of Earth: I always tear up in the 'Meaning' sequence (when We Go On is sung & the torches are relit).
    2) Promise: Walking out of Epcot at night, I get a mixture of chills & near-tears when they sing Promise.
    3) Last performance of Wishes: On my last day at WDW, I see wishes & it's the last thing I do there on my vacation

Chill-wise, I get chills all the time. Notable chills include...
    -The end of Fantasmic when Sorcerer Mickey is on the mountain (I believe this to be one of the most magical moments in all of WDW)
    -The very end of Illuminations when the white fireworks fill the air
    -The very end of Wishes when I see all the fireworks shooting up behind the castle
    -The begining of Maelstrom when you go up the hill (I love that lighting effect)
    -In Philharmagic, the whole Agrabah sequence to when Jasmine gives Donald the hat (I also get chills when we see Mickey return)

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    -The begining of Maelstrom when you go up the hill (I love that lighting effect)
    (I also get chills when we see Mickey return)
    You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last...
    Unless of course the ride closes.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Vehicle rotating backward

Wrong thread. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Unless of course the ride closes.
    Which of course makes me wonder if they played that to the first Guests on the attraction?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Spectromagic, Illuminations and Fantasmic still consistantly make me happy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I always like to hear Jiminy Cricket say "what they can't do these days", during the fireworks.
    Wow, that one almost went way over everyone's head. LOL

(I'm assuming you were being sarcastic, if not, I feel sorry for you.)

Good joke though!

• Banned User

i love the part in wishes when the little girl sings. I always tear up. Actually wishes and spectromagic are my two favorite night time things at WDW. I know many will say illuminations is better, to me nothing is better than losing myself in the fireworks and for a few moments whether watching that parade or the fireworks I can be a kid again.

• Robot Chicken Rules!

You know I am not ashamed ot admit that yes even I still get a tear with all my favorite memories at WDW. Even though I am an adult I have always been a big kid at heart. I remember when i came down to WDW when i was 9. We really could not do a whole lot cause one it rained the whole week down there and two, we only got to the parks one day, so I never really got to take a good look or appreciate Epcot or MK, cause that was the only thing that was there at the time. MGM was still being built and AK no where near in the imagineering process.
    Anyways about 13 years later when i became a cast member. During my character training class they took our group to see DMM at MK. I had to fight back tears when I saw the castle again. Plus seeing all the characters again. I turned into a little kid right there and then. I did not care if I looked like a fool. I was enjoying every minute of it. Unfortunately, during my employment, some of my co-workers did not like the fact i had "pixie dust" strong within me. However, I did not let that bother me.
    The feeling was so overwhelming it kinda scared me a little bit. Cause in a way, even though I went to Disney when I was younger it was still brand new to me when I worked there.
    I am not ashamed to say that i STILL have the pixie dust in me!

Cause where is fun in that if you don't?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    i love the part in wishes when the little girl sings. I always tear up. Actually wishes and spectromagic are my two favorite night time things at WDW. I know many will say illuminations is better, to me nothing is better than losing myself in the fireworks and for a few moments whether watching that parade or the fireworks I can be a kid again.
    Yes.. but Illuminations is a great story.. and I always have a good feeling when i see Fire!

• Banned User

hmm i didn't know i had a closet pyromaniac in my house .

I love walking out of Epcot at closing time...strange, but it looks so cool at night. Love the peoplemover...my father, when he was alive, use to take me on this. I use to love the cinema on main street...when it showed the old Mickey films. I find a place on the rug and watch one of the screens for a bit and then move on to another. And yes, I really love the Treehouse. as a kid, it just seemed to me the perfect place to live.

Ok I realize nobody's posted on this for almost a month, but i'm new to this site and i got choked up reading other posts here... i have to just comment. First of all, here at micechat, i think i finally found my people... it's crazy!!!
    ok but that aside...
    I cry when i here the vocals pick up at the end of spectromagic, every single time. my family and i have seen it too much to wait on a sidewalk to catch it, so instead we spend that time hitting favorite rides... but wherever we are (usually frontierland on that riverway path), when that vocal part starts, it just makes tears flow!!! all 4 of us, including my 60-yr-old correctional officer dad...
    Likewise, walking out of Epcot at night is pure magic. Especially where the ground lights up and the illuminations music is off in the distance...
    But the one thing that i can barely make it through is watching the MK fireworks from the beach at the polynesian. To be laying on a loungechair on that beach after watching the light parade... hoodie on and chills from being sunburned from too many laps around lazy river... with the piped in music and... aw tear ...
    that's disney magic perfection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123